Chapter 1: Follow the Spirits
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man who set his stone for the future of others is the path that he wants to walk, leaving the pain away was a hard thing for him, but that hatred doesn't get in his way or stopping him from reaching his dream, his eyes are filled with innocence and truthfulness.

He did his best to help others rather than himself, he was fearsome, but beneath the scary scars of emotionless pain lies a good man who is willing to risk his life for the better.

"I'm still far away to the village, where should I rest for the night?"

The sky turned pitch black, the forest turn cold and dark. He lit a fire on his carried torch and try to find a shelter, he saw spirits roaming around but didn't hurt him and just pass by trough his body. He roamed along with the spirits trying to find a shelter, his mother said that "When you see spirits in a hoard like numbers and going to the same direction as the others, means they will try to find a new shelter to go, some spirits have patterns."

"Well, I will not know unless I follow."

He blew the fire off on his torch that makes his suroundings turn back to dark and makes the spirits seen more visible. He followed the spirits from the very end of the tip, the leading spirit is a unusual spirit, it was red as blood and black as curse. It was unlikely to be aggressive or dangerous, still, he followed it till the sunset appear. He saw the cliff of the mountain and reached it, it was almost a hundred feet high from the ground. He have no other way but to climb down there by taking a risky wall climbing.

"Argh! Why am I following this spirits for?!"

He was struggling and soaking in his own sweat due to fear and climbing down with a weak rock beneath his feet, when he was about a half of the mountain from the ground, he heard a loud crack on the left side of him. It was a cave, the spirits change their terrain and head to that small cave that only fit dwarfs or any skinny and small creatures.

"Well, I don't have a choice then."

He climb side way to the left and try to reach the hole with more effort due to "one wrong step, and you're on the brink of death" like or literally. He was getting numb as he look down and felt nausea when he looked up.

He heard a loud crack right beneath his feet, he manage to jump to the small hole before the rock that he stepped corrode and completely destroyed.

"First of all, I'm not an elf to fit in this hole, second is why am I following these spirits from the first place?"

He tried to fit his body from the small hole to get in, the sunset is almost near and the spirits are already inside of the dark cave.

He fit it in inside the hole but does a big damage and leave a big cave hole due to strong force and making crack on it that makes the rock weak. The sunset lit the light inside the cave, the spirits are already gone from the entrance of the cave.

"Hump, they must've gone inside, I better check it out as well."

The stalagmites and stalactites are unusually sharp and pointy with a shiny and slidy texture like glass that can pierce even the toughest leather.

"What is this? Does the water currents change its position? Must be? This hole could be a giant worm or something?......... Gah!"

He was almost dead from a deep hole inside the cave, he heard some whistles that might be the spirits he's following.

"How deep is it then?"

He lit the torch again and drop it down to the hole, it fell really deep that the light of the torch can't even be seen from where he is now.

"Well, it is now or never."

He put out the rope out of his bag and tied it to a rock, and the other tip of the rope is straight down the deep void hole. He started rappelling as soon as he finished checking any sign of danger from beneath and from above.

"Damn, this rocks are slippery, I should be more careful. This is more different and difficult that mountain rappelling and wall climbing. And why would a spirit will stay down there, I need more answers, I'll follow mother's thoughts and prove me you are right."

His mother tell him story sometimes about ghosts and myth, "Jason, when a spirit goes somewhere that even wall climbers can't surpass, means there is a secret that they are hiding that they will even bid their own very lives, the other creatures are just like us, we hide, we protect, we fight and we think for the better than worst, this maybe a bit selfish, but, could you prove it when you gone older, I will be happy if I'm right, be careful."

His mother was a cold woman when she was talking to her wife, but for her son, she will protect him with all her heart, so that's why she's always proving her mother was right.

"This is more risky than I thought."

When the time he was half way down, the stalagmite where the rope is tied break making Jason to fall straight down, he screamed, he move but didn't stop the fall, he tried to hold an overlapping rock but it just slip and end up cutting his palm.

He fell with a strong impact, but luckily he wasn't dead and got few bruises and scratches, the bag was at his head making it as a head cover, he was unable to sit or stand, he was just lying on the floor looking at big hole where he was before when suddenly a small sharp and pointy fragment from the broken stalagmite hit straight to his right eye that he always use to focus on his archery skills. The fragment was removed leaving his right eye bleeding, in deep pain and unable to see.

0