An Encounter with a ■■■■■■
183 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I quickly moved and searched the forest while carrying everything I had. I then found strange berries, I think I've found my source of food, but not everything is easy...there was something else beside the berries, it was a strange creature. I could only see it's back but I've read this creature in books before, as it resembled a wolf and it's fur was white as snow, it's probably what they called a Snow Wolf. 

But the main problem is, the Snow Wolf is on high alert for some reason, did it perhaps hear my footsteps? I'll have to be careful from now and avoid moving quickly. So I tiptoed silently, and went to another location to get a better view of the wolf. I was lucky I wasn't detected, after a closer look it seemed the Snow Wolf was very old, I could see it clearly from its lack of fur in some places and it's shivering legs. I have assessed the situation.

  • The Snow Wolf guarding his food is on high alert due to my footsteps and it is weak because of old age.

With that much info, it's time to prepare for combat, so I quickly fled the scene and looked around for a weapon. I could only find a huge stick and a few moderately heavy rocks. 
"Aghh...how am I going to win this"

After thinking about it for a few minutes I realized I can use my uniform and the rocks to make a makeshift sling. A few minutes later, I have a weapon at hand, I'm quite confident that I can kill that Snow Wolf in one hit. I came back to the scene slowly and quitely, there I saw the Snow Wolf sleeping quite soundly.

"I'm pretty lucky, he let his guard down" I mumbled to myself.

I slowly approached the Snow Wolf, raised my makeshift weapon and swung as hard as I could and killed the Snow Wolf immediately...that was what I thought however the force I exerted towards hitting his head was not enough, it only left the Snow Wolf in a light daze. Luckily I brought the wooden stick with me and I whacked the Snow Wolf repeatedly, it whimpered and then....

*HOWLLLL* The Snow Wolf howled loudly, I stopped it by kicking its mouth thus shattering his teeth and I continued whacking the Snow Wolf to death. A few minutes later, the Snow Wolf had stopped moving, success I thought. I knew this was no time to celebrate yet, as there was still the possibility that the Snow Wolf''s loud howl had brought enemies even if it had occured for a fraction of second.

I deconstructed my makeshift weapon and used my uniform to store my food. So I quickly gathered as much berries I could, which made a lot of noise! I knew that stealing the berries while the Snow Wolf was sleeping would be a bad idea, as the branches of the berries would make too much noise, it's a good thing I thought ahead. I quickly ran away inside the forest.

My face smiled in delight, I had acquired food, now I only need water and shelter. However, it was already dusk, the sun was setting. I was running out of time, luckily I had found an abandoned wooden shack, right beside it was a river. I approached the wooden house came to the front door and turned the knob.

"It's locked" I said with dissapointment. I left the front door and decided to encircle the house to find another way in and failed miserably. "It seems that door is the only way inside however...the door is locked". I quickly checked the sky, I saw dark clouds forming, it was going to rain. "My diary is going to get wet".

This was no time for indecisiveness, even if I had to break the door down and make a lot of noise, I had to enter that house. Of course I said I would break the door down, but my body isn't strong enough to do that. My eye caught to the window of the house.

"What if I...just break the window". It was an ingenius idea, so I had thought, but I had dropped all my rocks when I deconstructed my weapon. Luckily, there was a pebble near the river, I used the pebble to break the window.
*SHATTER*

"Oh...that's gonna bring trouble." I thought to myself. I pushed the broken shards of the window and entered the house. The house had a table at the middle of the room, it even had a chimney and a coat rack, suprisingly there was no dust inside, it seems this was still properly maintained despite its outer appearance which looked weak and fragile and that being a one story house. What caught my attention was the comfortable bed at the right side of the room and I just knew how lucky I was.
"Ah yes shelter!" I dropped all my stuff and relaxed, I was even ready to write in my diary. However, the cold air blowing through the "broken window" caught my attention. 
"I need a way to block it" I said to myself. I decided to use the table to block the window and I pushed myself to my limit, it was getting harder breathe, my stomach felt like it was burning, but despite that I pushed myself to place block the window using the table.

"*Wheeze* Ha...*Wheeze*" it was finally over and I relaxed. I became a bit hungry so I ate some of the berries. "The berries will last me until tomorrow" I said while looking at the amount of berries I had left.

"Finally...I can write in my diary" I pulled out my quill pen and black leather diary. The rain had come, I heard the droplets of rain hitting the roof of the wooden house. 

1st Day Night:
Dear Diary,

I had arrived in another world in a luscious forest, I had decided to do my best to survive. Luckily I had found a place for my source of food and ate strange looking berries. Although I had my doubts if they were poisonous, that was highly unlikely as there was a Snow Wolf guarding it, and if it's diet consisted of poisonous berries I would have been quite unlucky. I had no choice but to kill the Snow Wolf who was quite weak and old, after getting my supplies that I came across a wooden house and entered via breaking and entering through the window. I'm quite glad I get to enjoy another moment with my diary, and I look forward to seeing another day, and it looks like I will have a comfortable bed to sleep in tonight, and I'll have a good night's sleep :)
Diary Entry End.

I finished my journal entry, and relaxed in the comfortable bed with my blue blanket.
*THUNDER*

I heard a loud thunder, opening my eyes. It would be quite hard to sleep in a noisy place like this. I decided add an additional detail in my diary entry.

D̶i̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶E̶n̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶E̶n̶d̶    (erased with ink)

I'm not gonna have comfortable sleep after all 0_0. 
Diary Entry End.

 

 

5