A Mysterious Mirror
108 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was fixing my hair and entered the classroom. The whole air was noisy but I continued anyway to my seat. When I sat down, the whole classroom became suddenly silent.

Then a guy appeared right in front me. He looked at my face and I stared back. Their eyes were but pitch darkness.

“How could you do this to me…” the man said.
“YOU KILLED ME!!!!” the man screamed and immediately grabbed my throat to choke me out.

“AHHHHH!” I screamed as my body rolled to the left, dropping to the floor. “Ouch…what a nightmare”.

‘I wonder what that was about’ I thought. My eye caught a ray of light through a gap in wall, it seems it’s already morning.

I proceeded to stand up but my eye caught something underneath the bed. “Hmm? A small box?”. It was a small box and when I opened it... I found a grey overcoat, its length is long enough to reach my ankles. There was a picture right below the grey overcoat apparently, it shows the picture of a happy family. The father who was at the left was making a smile showing his teeth, his eyes were emerald green and his hair was green too. The mother at the right was sitting at a tree stump smiling with her blue eyes and long black hair. The child at the center was a little girl who had a pony tail, she had green hair and blue eyes.

“Wait that reminds me…didn’t I see a tree stump before?” I mumbled. That’s right I definitely sat on a tree stump, I remember that I sat there while writing my diary entry. I focused on the picture again, their clothes could be said of a commoners rather than a noble, this can be plainly seen as the father’s scars and holes in his clothes imply that his job must be physical in its expertise.

“Hmm…this reminds of my mom and dad”. I remember the good memories….I remember the times when I ate dinner...alone. I remember the times when I slept, I would hear the yelling voices of my parents...

‘There are no good memories’ my gaze towards the picture became cold and I placed the picture back inside and closed the box. 

"In the end all I need is my diary" I mumbled. Now then....

“What will I do with this Grey Overcoat I wonder?”. I thoroughly check the contents of each pocket of the jacket, but it’s all empty.

“Well I might as well wear it, I can place my diary in one of the inner pockets”

So I decided to wear the jacket. I wished I had a way to see myself in a mirror but I guess this is all I get. When I went to get my diary and quill pen and turned around, a mirror was right behind me at the end of the wall.

“What the…was that always there?” I pinched myself, the mirror was real. I just decided to think that not seeing the mirror was nothing but my eyes playing with me.

‘Yeah my eyes were just playing with me’ I thought. I went to the front of the mirror and looked at my appearance, I had a few cuts and there but I looked healthy enough. The grey overcoat I wore seemed really fine on me and the school shoes I wore were made of leather, so I wouldn’t worry about that. What Greg didn’t know was that his appearance was almost good enough to fool people that he was a noble, but disappointed as it is, he does not know this.

I decided to stop looking at myself and decided to prepare to leave the house. I placed the diary inside my overcoat, as well as the quill pen I had been holding a long time in my right hand and left the house. The sun was shining bright and my eyes hadn’t quite adjusted yet, now it’s time for a long journe-

“Wait! I forgot the berries” I had forgotten the berries which were contained in my uniform, so I went back inside the house to get them. But what surprised me the most was that the mirror in the room…was gone.

“…..” It made me uneasy not knowing what had happened to the mirror.

‘Could I be hallucinating? Was it the berries? The Pesraffs?’ I thought of many possibilities but without anything decisive.

“Sigh…I guess I’ll just leave it at that”

This time without any further delays, I left the house and proceeded to go through the forest. I’d have already expected some danger along the way but surprisingly…nothing went to attack me, no creature, no enemy, not a thing, well…except for the Pesraffs which were buzzing around…so annoying.

Before I knew it, I had arrived through an open road in which I decided to follow, hoping that it would lead me to a village or city. But I was wrong….when I walking along the road, I heard loud noises behind me, so I looked behind and there I saw a horse carriage. Their speed was very quick and behind them were figures riding on what looked like horses.

‘Are they being pursued?’ I know what it felt like to be pursued by someone, and it’s not a good feeling. So I quickly went back into the forest to hide, but what happened next just baffled me.

The horse’s front legs suddenly tripped, leading the carriage to crash to a tree. The wheels were as good as stuck in that situation. The pursuers who were riding the horses came to a stop and some of the men dropped from their horses probably to investigate the inside of the carriage.

A man and a woman suddenly came out of the carriage, the man had a bleeding head while the woman had a few scratches and no fatal wounds which is quite a miracle. Both of them decided to run in order to escape the pursuers. Both of them were wearing quite expensive looking clothes which were a little damaged.

‘What fools, they have horses it would be a miracle if they would escape’ I thought.

One of the pursuers opened his mouth and said “Morfi, sosta, kato, louthiste,  ANEMOU BLADE!” A sudden gust of wind appeared, my eyes were not fooling me as I saw some kind of blade cutting through the man’s right leg leaving him to fall down to grab his leg in agony, while the woman’s ankles merely got a small cut which bled a little She was lucky enough to not have her legs chopped off like that.

The man screamed in agony, while the pursuers were slowly approaching them, the woman had no more courage to run away, as she feared dying by the magic invoked by the pursuers so she just stood shivering in fear.

‘Magic exists in this world…wait a minute...magic exists in this world!’ I exclaimed in my thoughts. 

As I was quite happy discovering something anew, another problem has occured.

"So Boss when are we gonna do her in" The man licked in his lips.

"We ain't doing that, the customer doesn't want any damaged goods" The man who I would assume is the boss said with cold eyes towards his underling.

"Alright alright, I'm just gonna take a leak" The man said. The boss allowed him of course, but....the man was approaching the bushes, the BUSHES I AM HIDING IN.

'Honestly, how unlucky am I?'

  • Thy petal which remained as an observer has met the fire which would devour it... yet thy giving thee a chance to show thyself what it meant for a crest to still remain hidden in vision.
3