The Sovia Family
99 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the royal palace at the corridors a young lady was walking very elegantly, she then suddenly stopped to look at the window. It was still early dawn and the sun was just rising.
Emily Sovia looked at the crystal orb in her hands and felt stressed.

 

She looked over to the window and reflected on her surroundings. She had always loved Idyllic Forest with its calm and powerful presence. It was a place that encouraged her tendency to feel stressed as it had the presence of many powerful creatures such as the “Indestructible Creature”, who was said to be able to take on any form and all attacks on it, simply slip through and all of the people who had said to have seen it, did not live to see the light of day.

 

She stopped looking at the window to continue walking on the corridors, however, then she saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the figure of Hullery Sovia. Hullery Sovia was a bold man elegant man with pale skin, had a brown hair and blue eyes. He was also…

“Step-brother” Emily mumbled to herself.

 

Emily Sovia gulped. She glanced at her own reflection. She was a patient, kind, tea drinker with solid feet and scrawny arms. Her ‘friends’ in the academy often saw her as the child of concubine whose power holds nothing when compared to the true royal family. Once, she had even brought a dirty baby bird back from the brink of death, but even so her own mother took the bird away from her and instructed a servant to take care of it. Emily was still a child, but even that doesn’t keep her away from reality, ‘the care that mother meant’ meant the death of the bird.

 

Emily Sovia, the step-sister of Hullery Sovia, is without a doubt prepared for any trouble her step-brother would bring towards her. 

The moon shone like bouncing goldfish, making Emily determined. Hullery raised his right hand pointing to a room, implying that they should talk inside.

 

As Maud stepped inside and Hullery came closer, she could see the charming glint in his eye.

 

"I am here because I want to make something clear," Tristan bellowed, in a patient tone. He slammed his fist against Maud's chest, with the force of 7500 donkeys. "I hate you, Emily Sovia."

 

Maud looked back, even more determined and still holding her crystal orb. "Tristan, thank you *cough* for telling me this," she replied.

 

Hullery Sovia looked at her with surprised feelings and Emily did the same, like two embarrassed, eager elephants cooking at a very spiteful wedding, which had trance music playing in the background and two proud uncles drinking to the beat.

 

She held out her hand. "Let's not fight, Hullery" she whispered, gently.

 

"Hmph," pondered Hullery.

 

"Please?" begged Emily with puppy dog eyes.

 

Hullery looked anxious, his body blushing red like a tomato. 
"I'm leaving" Hullery said.

"But-" Emily tried to plead however, Hullery slammed the door and left.

"Sigh..." Emily sat on the chair, but then someone opened the door and the figure was...
"Hullery? You came back?" Emily suprised.

"Of course, I just came to get something" Hullery said then revealing the said object which was a tray containing cookies and teapot.

Both him and Emily decided to sit and chat with a nice cup of tea.


Afterwards an incident occured...

The castle was burning.

 

Passing through the secret passageway, the first imperial prince, Hullery Sovia of Anthropia Sovia1 Greek term meaning "wisdom people" , one of the top leading countries, finally got outside and gulped as he lran towards the forest and looked behind the towering Imperial Castle in the distance.

 

The two handmaids that had accompanied him also exclaimed, voices full of sorrow.

 

Due to the enemy army’s attack, the castle walls had crumbled and the Western Tower Gates were wrapped in flames. White smoke lingered in the clear spring air, making the sorrow all the more painful.

 

“Emily…”

 

Hullery wondered about the condition of Emily who was still in the Royal Palace. Even though he was far away from the action, the sound of cannons and catapults being fired into the castle walls was carried by the wind and quite easy to hear.

 

The Anthropia Sovia country was located in the northwest of the midlands. It was very fertile, its main attraction the abundance of mountains and rivers. The castle walls and moats that repeatedly surrounded The Imperial Palace were solid structures, but faced with a large army with state-of-the-art weapons, an assault was only a matter of time.

“Damn, I have to go back” Hullery exclaimed loudly.

“No Master, we cannot let you do that” said the two handmaids in unison.

“Out of my way, don’t make me regret this” Hullery threatened.
“Master, Emily has already escape I think” said the handmaid at the left.

“How can you tell?” Hullery questioned.

“Emily’s carriage is gone, it seems they had escaped before on…but how did she react so quickly, Master, I think Emily fed information to th-“ but before the handmaid could finish, she was slapped in the face by the other handmaid at the right.

“Grace! W-what why did you…”the handmaid at the left said.

“Belle, you’ve went out of bounds, look at Master’s face” Grace, the handmaid at the right said.

Hullery hold an angered expression, close enough to kill as his fist clenched.

“I am so sorry, Master!” Bello, the handmaid at the left, crouched and kneeled.
“Hmph, enough! I'll punish you later! For now fighting amongst each other will harm us in the end” Hullery said.

“Let’s go, Belle and Grace” Hullery said while running into the forest.

“Yes, Master” The handmaids said in unison while following Hullery Sovia as well.


POV: Emily

A white carriage was going fast in the road, the white horse of the carriage which looked extremely exhausted. Beside the carriage where two guards riding on two horses respectively. 
Inside the carriage was Emily Sovia, who was anxious if her step-brother was safe from the attack.

"Don't worry Emily, I'm sure prince Hullery escaped with Belle and Grace" the man driving the carriage said.

"Thank you Lerny" Emily knew the names of all the attendants in the royal palace. However not the main division, you see that castle was just one of the thirty castles the Sovia Family held in other words....

"We just need to escape and go to another subdivision, as long as we enter our territory we'll be safe" Emily said.

Emily decided to check the situation outside and opened the window, "How's the situation?" Emily asked.

"It looks fine Miss Emily, we've been checking frequently but it seems no one is pursuing us" the 1st guard said.

"Sigh...I can't wait to eat some cornsoup once we get to the other division" the 2nd guard said. 

Emily giggled a little but that laughter was shortlasted, as just a second after that the 2nd guard's head was pierced with an arrow.

"Samuel! Damn it...Miss Emily hide, I'll handle them" the 1st guard said.

Emily was shocked and could not speak, as the 1st guard approached the unknown number of enemies behind them, she heard a loud scream from the 1st guard. Lerny focused on the road, while knowing very well that their deaths, were almost certain.

  • Presently....

Emily ankle was grazed by the wind magic invoked by the pursuer, terrified and seeing Lerny, the driver, whose right leg had been chopped off. She knew this was the end...but as the princess of the Sovia family she had to have pride in her death.

Just when the men approaching her were going to 'do her in' , she revealed a dagger hidden in her dress to stab herself with. The pursuers watched Emily with a dissapointed face, as they knew she would even commit suicide for the sake of family name.

Just as Emily was going to stab herself in the throat...

"Damn go away, stupid bug!" The man who was going into the forest to take a leak, suddenly shouted.

There was the man waving his arms around in the hope of driving away the annoying Pesraff, however no matter what he did...

"W-what the" the man was suprised, his hand went through the Pesraff. The Pesraff continued buzzing in his ears.

"Hey! What the heck are you doing! Stop fooling around!" The boss said.

"It's not me boss, this thing...I can't touch it!" the man said.

"What do you mean you can't touch it? Jimmy, Bimmy, go check his situation now....little girl just drop the knife-" But the Boss stopped talking as a white fur wolf suddenly appeared out of the forest, it was a Snow Wolf. The Snow Wolf proceeded to go between them the two opposing forces as if it didn't have a care in the world.

"Tsk! Blast the Wolf away" The mages in the group invoked countless chants all aiming at the Snow Wolf. When the chant had ended a countless number of magic blast hit the Snow Wolf, covering the whole scenery with a screen of dirt. 

"There is no way that Wolf would have survived that" The Boss said, however, the next thing he saw shocked him to his core, as well as his underlings.

The Snow Wolf was completely unharmed, it was if every attack passed through the Snow Wolf, it's as if...

"It's the-" The underling said.

"I-it's THE!" The Boss said.

"The Indestructible Creature" Emily mumbled to herself.

With the Snow Wolf standing in between Emily and the pursuers, as if the Snow Wolf was the valiant figure which would protect her from all harm. The Snow Wolf continued glaring at the pursuers while growling aggressively.

 

3