The True Power in the Mysterious Quill
91 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
If you read the chapter "Sovia Family", it has been updated with 1 footnote showing the meaning of Anthropia Sovia, I'll be using footnotes sometimes now!

POV: Gregory Williams

"Damn it, if I don't act soon, he'll see me hiding inside the bushes" I mumbled to myself. I decided to quickly kill him with a weapon, so I took out the mysterious quill pen, it's sharp edge should be enough to pierce his throat. 

'Now all I need is a distraction of some kind' my mind thought of the rocks, but I knew that wouldn't be enough, the man slowly approached the bushes I was hiding in. I then thought of those annoying Pesraffs1House Fly Mutant Little Giraffes appeared in Chapter 1, but how could I control something living, it was stupid to think of it but, just then.

"Damn go away, stupid bug!" The man who was going into the forest to take a leak, suddenly shouted.

'What, what is this...either this it too much of a coincidence or I'm just lucky' I thought. I was glad...now that I had a distraction I could probably kill him now. However that plan was foiled because...

"Hey! What the heck are you doing! Stop fooling around!" The boss said.

"It's not me boss, this thing...I can't touch it!" the man said.

It was true, the man couldn't touch the Pesraff, it was as if it was just an illusion, which reminds me...

"This is just the same with what happened in the mirror" I mumbled. 'Could it be? That I'm the one causing this?'. While I was thinking about it, the Boss was very annoyed so he decided to help the man out.

"What do you mean you can't touch it? Jimmy, Bimmy, go check his situation now..."

Three men were very near my location, just a little movement will reveal my location. Pressure and anxiety would normally be experience, but I was calm and collected. I focused my mind into thinking of a Pesraff to appear in my left hand, when my eyes blinked a Pesraff suddenly appeared in my left hand.

"Hm? Huh" the man was in a daze as he, who was being pestered by the Pesraff suddenly stopped waving his hands around, because the Pesraff suddenly dissapeared.

My thoughts processed what just happened, the mysterious quill pen being held in my right hand, a Pesraff appearing in my right hand...

"Now little girl just-" The Boss continued.

Then I guess, I'll have to try this out, I focused into thinking of the most dangerous creature I had encountered....the biggest distraction I could think of!

"drop the knife...huh?" The Boss was shocked, as a Snow Wolf suddenly came out of the forest coming between the two opposing forces.

'Good, good, now they're all focused on the Snow Wolf...now I can finally escape' I could escape however,

The man who was once distracted by the Pesraff, noticed my litte movement. 
'Hey, hey, how am I going to move now?' I thought I could have escaped however it seems he has very keen senses. The two men, Jimmy and Bimmy, stopped going to my direction and instead went closer to the Snow Wolf.

"Tsk! Blast the Wolf away" The Boss said. The mages in the group invoked countless chants all aiming at the Snow Wolf. When the chant had ended a countless number of magic blast hit the Snow Wolf, covering the whole scenery with a screen of dirt. 

I'm sure that it survived because as I hypthosized it was merely an 'illusion'.

"There is no way that Wolf would have survived that" The Boss said, however, the next thing he saw shocked him to his core, as well as his underlings.

The Snow Wolf was completely unharmed, it was if every attack passed through the Snow Wolf, it's as if...

"It's the-" The underling said.

"I-it's THE!" The Boss said.

"The Indestructible Creature" Emily mumbled to herself.

With the Snow Wolf standing in between Emily and the pursuers, as if the Snow Wolf was the valiant figure which would protect her from all harm. The Snow Wolf continued glaring at the pursuers while growling aggressively.

'Oh it's growling? I think remember the Snow Wolf growling when it was in high alert defending the berries' I recalled recent memories.

'But what did she mean by Indestructible Creature?' I pondered.

"THE Indestructible Creature?" a man said.

"That creature who killed everyone who knew the truth?" a old wizard said.

The whole pursuers were in distraught as they all believed they had encounter the Indestructible Creature.

"F-fall back men" The Boss said. 'Heh, I don't want to die early, besides the Princess is done for, she won't live long' the Boss laughed as he marvelled his meticulous thinking.

All the men followed the orders of the Boss leaving the premises. The man was suspicous of me being in the bushes, paid no mind anymore and followed the orders of the Boss.

'Finally, I can leave' I thought to myself. I then went outside of the forest revealing myself to the two strangers, the driver of the carriage who lost his right leg and a young lady dropping to the ground, both of them were staring at me no...they were staring at the Snow Wolf. I placed back the mysterious quill pen inside my overcoat and the Illusion dissapeared like a mist. 

I then decided to walk away but then...

"Um excuse me!" the lady said.

"Were you talking to me?" I was growing annoyed..'Why is she talking to me?'.

"Pardon me, my name is Emily Sovia of the Sovia Family" Emily said.

"Okay." I replied.

A deafening silence happened as we stared at each other. "So...I'll be going now." I replied, I mean I had no time for this.

"No wait, tell me your name" Emily said.

I stared at Emily and stared at the driver who was bleeding in his leg, his eyes were closed.

"Don't you think you should take care of your 'friend' first?" I said.

"He's...dead." Emily said looking at the ground, clenching her fists. 'If only I was stronger' Emily thought.

"I see."

"No it's ok, it was bound to happen, it seems he died from shock from seeing the Snow Wolf" Emily said.

'Ah...oh..' I just realized something, if I summoned the Snow Wolf.

"I'm sorry for accidentally killing your fri-" 

"Ah no it's ok! Because of that you saved my life, and I am entirely in your debt" Emily said nervously.

I wanted to leave as soon as possible, but I looked at the sky and it was still morning. 'I guess I have some time to talk to her'.

"But what kind of magic was that?" Emily said.

'I could use her to get information' I thought.

"I'll answer you, after you answer  my question" I said and Emily agreed.

"Where is the nearest settlement or village?" I asked.

"It's down at south-" She pointed at the right side of the road, "you just follow that road and you'll arrive at the castle walls"

"I see, thank you, now as for your question...have you ever heard of illusion magic?"

"No...what's that?" Emily genuinely asked.

"Dark magic?" I said.

Emily's eyes changed "Yes I know dark magic, the people in the country Skoteny2From the greekword 'skoteinoí' which means dark people, mainly use it, they can raise the dead, plant curse-" 

"Alright, alright stop" I said to Emily. Emily changed back to normal again.

'That's quite odd...ah whatever' I decided not to think about it too much anymore.

"I'll be going now"

"Huh?" Emily's facial expression changed to confusion

"Goodbye" I said.

"Wait wait! I said I'm from the S-o-v-i-a  family, did you hear me?" Emily grabbed my arm.

"So...?" I responded as I genuinely don't know what that means. Just then I heard the sound of horsesteps coming.

"What kind of country are you to not even know my na-" Emily was getting furious but I closed her mouth shut and we hid in the bushes. 

Emily was trying to speak but she was gagged by my hand. 'Shush be quiet do you want us to get killed' I whispered to Emily.

The horse stopped at its tracks surveying the area, a man got out of the horse, and tied the horse to a tree and searched inside the white carriage "Shit! I gotta report this to the boss!".

'Shit! If he tells on us, who knows what trouble will happen!' I thought. I then had a plan.

"Hey!" I called out to the man. The man distanced himself away from me and then pulled out his dagger.

"W-what who are you? What are you doing to the princess?" The man questioned me.

"What? Didn't the Boss tell you I was surveying the area together with you?" I said, and the Princess who was still gagged stared at me with a questioning look.

"What the Boss did?" the man lowered his dagger, 'Seems like he buys it' I thought.

"So what exactly happened?" the man asked while we were both slowly approaching each other.

"It seems like that it wasn't the real deal, it was just an illusion, eh but it's fine, I got the Princess" I said.

The man stopped at his tracks and looked at me with suspicous eyes "What do you mean illusion, what's an illusion?" the man was slowly raising his dagger again.

"Hey, hey, calm down comrade, I'll tell you what an illusion is" I said. The man didn't flinch, he's onto me.

"You've never heard of it, because it's top secret information" I said to the man.

"Top secret you say?" the man lowered his dagger, "tell me comrade". We both approached each other, both of us were near each other in arm's length.

"An Illusion is...." I pushed the princess out of the way and sliced the man at the throat with the dagger hidden behind my back.

"When you are already dead" I said. The man bled, revealing a regretful face. Blood sprayed everywhere, leaving a puddle on the ground, and bloodstains on my grey overcoat.

Emily stared at the man I had just killed, I expected her to vomit but suprisingly she kept it together with a straight face.

"Thanks for the dagger, Emily" I threw the dagger to Emily, and she barely caught in with her scrawny hands.

"You're welcome uh..." 

"It's Gregory, but you can call me Greg" I said while approaching the horse who was once owned by the man I had killed.

I approached the horse and it was neighing loudly, it was quite rebellious. "Hey calm down! Let me on." I shouted but the horse did not listen.

"Calm down,Emily slowly approached the horse, I had expected her to get injured but suprisingly...the horse stopped becoming defiant. The horse and Emily treated one another as if they were partners from the beginning.

'Am I just bad with horses or is Emily just good with animals?' I thought.

Emily rode the horse and then she put out her left hand. "Hm? What do you want?" I said to Emily.

"Hop on" Emily patted in the seat behind her. 

"No, thank you." I said to Emily. Why? Because it would be embarassing. I continued to walk on the road.

"Hop on." Emily insisted.

"No thanks!" I shouted.

"Stop being a child. We don't have much time" Emily said.

Indeed, it hit me, why should I waste time getting embarassed over riding a horse with a girl.

"Sigh...fine" So I climbed unto the horse, the horse looked visibly annoyed, but it must be my imagination.

"Alright let's get a move on" I said.

However the horse did not move, or to be more specific Emily did not make it move.

"Emily? Hello?" I looked at Emily's face, it was bright red. I was quite confused then it hit me, I was holding her hips.

"Oh? Are you embarassed over something like this?" I said to Emily.

"N-no! I'm not, let's get a move on" Emily denied.

"By the way, it's not my position but......shouldn't we bury your friend?" I asked.

"Once we get to the castle, I can just order my servants to do it" Emily said.

"Ah I see..." I said.

'I can't exactly write on my diary while riding a horse, so I have to endure it!'

So, the two people riding a horse made a short journey to come back to the settlement.

4