Arrival at the Castle Walls!
68 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

POV: Gregory Williams
As we were riding the horses, I saw hills and mountains in the distance, at the right there was figures which were roughly moving about. 

'Were they fighting something?' Just as I was thinking about it, something was making noise, or specifically, someone.

"You know, we should name this horse, like Tilly or Fero, you know?" Emily Sovia said.

"....." silence ensued.

"I-I'm sorry, it was just so quiet so..." Emily Sovia said. 'Ahh why is he so quiet?' Emily thought.

"Instead of that...let's continue our previous conversation which was cut short" I said.

"Our previous conversation" her voice was trailing off until she remembered, "Ah, you mean about Skoteny?1previous chapter The country of dark magic?" Emily said.

"Yes, additionally, can you tell about the other countries?" I said.

Emily seemed somewhat pertubed as she could not fathom that such a person could exist, someone who wouldn't know of the 7 great countries however she still answered.

"First Sir Williams, there is the country Skoteny which mainly uses dark magic, Second is the country Elafree Technis2greek word for "light arts"which uses light magic, they can use it to heal others, dispel curses, cast a blessing, the other information are too vague, so it's not worth mentioning. Third, is the country Gyni Dominica3greek word for "earth structure", which mainly uses earth structure reformation-"

"Structure reformation, what do you mean by tha-" 

"Can you let me finish" Emily looked at my eyes with a cold glare.

'Later I guess' I thought.

"As I was saying, they use earth structure reformation, some people call it earth manipulation, the difference is that they require dirt, ground, rocks, etc....do you understand?" Emily said while looking forward at the road.

"Ah..yes" 

"Anyways, where was I? Oh yes, the fourth country is the country Fotia Ekdolia4greek word for "fire manifestation"which mainly uses fire magic...." Emily then becomes silent.

'What's wrong with her?' I thought.

"Fire magic, can be...very destructive in nature, for instance, the Forest of Ulysses, used to contain many mythical creatures, most of which had been past friends of the deceased hero but now....3/4th's of it's original size had been burnt away."

'A Hero? Does that mean there where past people who came here?' I thought.

"On the bright side, at least the trees won't get dehydrated anymore." Emily said.

"....."

"That was a joke. Um anyways, the fifth country, is affliated to the very people who attacked me...*cough*, us I mean." Emily said.

"No, no, it was just you" I reject being affliated with her Sovia Family of what not.

"Besides the point, the fifth country is Anemou Anarxi, whose people uses wind magic, their people send their men to attack the Sovia Family, I'm pretty sure my brother has already reported of the incident"

"Is your brother, the prince of your country?" I've been meaning to ask Emily this for a while.

"Of course, since I'm a princess, why wouldn't my brother be a prince?" Emily scoffed.

"There's the water country, which uses water magic, they can bend water to their whims, and lastly my country" Emily quickly said.

"WAIT!" 

"What? I was just getting to the good part?" Emily said.

"What about the water country? What's the name of their country?" 

"Well...uh about that, I'm not entirely sure...what it is"

I tickled her hips.

"Hahaha, please stop, I'm riding the horse! We're going to, hahhaa, f-fall-"

  • 2 minutes later.

"Listen, I don't know much about the water country, besides it looks like even you don't know" Emily eyed at me.

'As much as I don't like saying it, sigh...she's got a point' I thought.

Silence ensued and the horse we rode on continued to climb on the very tall hill, it's feet leaving tracks.

"I'll take your silence as a yes, anyways let's forget about the 'that country' and focus on mine instead, which shocks me that even a person of yourself didn't kn-"

"Just get to the point already damn it!"

"So the seventh country, Anthropia Sovia, which mainly uses transformation magic, we can transform into animals, birds for a limited amount of time, wolves, fairies, etc. because of this many countries fear us," Emily said proudly.

"Wait, what do you mean?" I was honestly intrigued.

"Think about it, transformation magic let's us transform into powerful beasts, imagine with that power you can eliminate anyone for all eyes to see in a open field, no one would suspect it was a human disguised as a beast"

"....." This is all too hard for me to process but that begs me to question....

"Why didn't you transform earlier?"

"What?"

"When you were cornered by the Pursuers, why didn't you transform?"

"Well uh you see...." Emily's voice trailed off, "Because I'm still a beginner so...oh look we're here!" Emily said.

'Did she just?'
"Hey, hey, don't just..." 

Just as I was saying this, I saw the castle walls a mile away, it seems we have arrived.

"Honestly...sigh" I said. 'After, I get inside, I'm ditching her' I thought.
"Hm?" Emily said.
"Oh, uh it's nothing"

  • At the castle wall entrance.

We were asking the guard to let us in, however, he asked us for identification cards, I don't have one so I asked Emily if she had one.

"What do you mean you won't let us in!" She shouted.

'She didn't have one' I am annoyed.

"I'm sorry I'm just doing my job, you know if you calm down"

"Calm down? I am Anthropia Sovia's Princess!" Emily shouted.

"It's not good to joke around, I do my job seriously here, I'm warning you" The guard said.

'Too be honest I don't blame the guard, Emily's clothes had quite a few of cuts and scratches, most would believe she just picked the dress off the ground'

"Hey, you young man, can you let your cousin calm down a bit?" The guard pointed at me.

"Me? No, I have nothing to with her" I said.

"What? You are crazy" She pointed to the guard.
"How am I, his cousin, do I look funny to you?" She shouted.

"Alright, I warned you missy...let's take this inside" The guard grabbed her arm.

'Woah, this is getting serious' I thought.

"H-hey, let go of me" Her eyes started to flinch, it seems she's in pain.
She hits the guards arms but the guard didn't even flinch, it resulted to the guard grabbing her even tighter.

Then suddenly Emily's right arm suddenly grew and changed shape, it looked of a beastman, making the guard's grab on her weaker. "Let go!" Emily shouted.

Then her right arm returned back to normal. Emily got free from the guard's grasp but fell to the ground like a maiden.

'Was that transformation magic?' I thought.

"WHAT'S GOING ON HERE!" An old man with an orange beard shouted, he was wearing a guard's uniform, from that looks of it, he seems like a higher up.

"Ah sir, you see this young miss is causing a ruckus an-" The guard continued speaking but was cut off.

"What! Timothy, what are you doing to the Anthropia Sovia's Princess?" The old man shouted.

"W-what...oh dear" Timothy's teeth began chattering

After that, we were let in by the guards. We even got see a free view of the old man disciplining Timothy harshly in front of our eyes.

"I am so sorry, Her Royal Highness, Princess of Anthropia Sovia" The old man said while grabbing Timothy's head to bow with him.
"No, it's alright, I know you were just doing your job" Emily said politely.

"Princess, please forgive me..you can do what you want with me but...please not *sob* my family" Timothy said, while crying.

'What the, he started crying...' I felt it was odd that such an event could lead to a grown man crying, 'I wonder how she's gonna handle this'

"You have made mistakes Timothy Evergreen" Emily said.
"That's why you shall be punished"

Timothy started shaking from fear.

'Ouch. How cold of her' I thought until...

"You shall be the sheath cleaner5Basically the guy who cleans the horse stable, like their feces for 1 month"

"Oh! I thank Your Highness, for her mercy" Timothy cried.

After that, the guards left us and told us to wait until the royal attendants arrived, as they have already reported Emily's presence.

"Oh...brother" Emily mumbled to herself.

"Hm? What?" I asked.

"It seems my brother didn't come here, if he had, he would have told the guards to keep on a lookout for me earlier on" Emily said.

"I see...you really like your brother huh?" I said.

"It's not that, it's just...he's the most dependable for the family, when we need it the most" Emily said.

"I see....well I'll be going now" I said.

"Ah...yes you can-wait a-minute!" Emily shouted, then grabbed my hand.

"You have to wait, until you are rewarded!" Emily shouted.

"There's no need, I can manage on my own" I said.

"Do you have money?" Emily asked.

"I can find work there's bound to be jobs out there"

"Do you have shelter?" Emily asked.

"......"

"Do you have someone to depend to?" Emily asked.

"....is that really necessary?" I asked.
"Greg, you can leave after this I promise, just wait for a little while, and you'll be rewarded"

 

I then began to think about my diary, I thought that I would waste most of my time, finding a way to survive, that I wouldn't have any time to care for my diary, or maybe not even have the time to write on it. It made me think very carefully on my next words.

"Alright Princess, I'll stay for a little while but, I'll leave once I get my money"

Emily nods, while we were sitting to wait for them to arrive. I took out my diary and quill pen while Emily was looking at the road, eagerly waiting for them to come.

2nd Day Afternoon:

Dear Diary, 

During the morning, I found a box containing a grey overcoat, I wore it and then a mirror appeared before the room, I would have liked to believe that it was a trick in my eyes but...once I exited the house and re-entered..the mirror was gone. After that, I went on a journey to find nearby settlement, however I came across a major incident, a carriage crashed towards a tree while being pursued by a dozen black clothed men. Because of that, one of the men started to approach the bushes I was hiding in.

I thought to myself that I had to kill someone again, however, a miracle happened, a Pesraff appeared to distract the man, but it was no ordinary Pesraff, it could not be touched, yet it could make a sound, as if it was an illusion...

I soon learnt that I was the one making the illusions, on the side note the distractions brought more trouble than good as it attracted two more men to my hiding place, and I knew I needed a bigger distraction to get out of this alive!

So I thought of the Snow Wolf which I encountered before, and it came out of the forest naturally and growled at them menacinly. The pursuers didn't take it nicely and released a dozen spells made with wind magic which failed naturally, they all fleed for reasons unknown. As I began to make my escape, the girl who escaped the carriage revealed her name to be Emily Sovia and honestly I needed more information so I asked her a few questions.

It seems the men didn't give up, as they sent a scout to check the situation out, I had no choice but to eliminate him, as it would bring trouble to me. We used the scout's horse to travel to the nearest settlement, and I learned that there were 7 great countries, and many more minor countries, but as far as I know, Emily doesn't know much about the water country.

As I continued writing, I realized, I had run out of space for the page, so I flipped to the next page.

Continuing....as we arrived the castle walls, some trouble occured as the guard mistook her identity, this made her extremely mad, not that I care much, but one thing led to another, but the higher ups fixed the situation....in the end, Emily spared the young guard by sending him to clean shit for the horses...I'm staying with her for now, as to get my rewards, so that I can live my life with ease with my diary without wasting much of my time onwards.

Diary Entry End.

I stopped writing, closed my book and placed it back in my overcoat along with my quill pen. I once again look at the road Emily was staring at before my eyes started feeling heavy. 'Ah...I'm getting sleepy'. My vision fades.

  • Thy petal has reached a sanctuary of peace, thy has escape the fires which would have devoured it. Thy shall still see through the ongoing trials.
1