Librarian and a Night’s Rest
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Well~ I can see I took a long time...maybe I should manage my time better, you'd probably believe me that each chapter only took 30 minutes.

The one who greeted me was a man who looked well built in his 30's. He was wearing glasses and had green hair, and he wore a formal attire that looked appeasing to any man or woman's eyes.

"How did you know my name?" 
"Lady Christel informed me ahead of time"

Although I asked that, I wasn't that ignorant, I was simply doing a confirmation...you can never be too sure after all.

 

As I looked around I saw the appearance of the library filled with books of various genres. I'd probably think is a dream, no not because of the huge number of books but the size of the library. 

"It's completely illogical" I mumbled.

"I can see you are quite amazed by the magic of Majistar Kenaq" the green haired man said beside me.

"Indeed, that reminds me..."I twirled my earlobe, "what's your name?"

"Did Lady Christel not inform you?" the green haired man stared at me.
I shaked my head denying it.

"My name is Nate Wetik, pleasure to be your aquaintance, feel free to ask for my assistance at the front desk"

Nate left me alone and I pondered over what he said. Magister Kenaq...they certainly sound like an influential person, that reminds me Magister refers to a teacher of some sorts no? As I looked at the library again I remain to be baffled, as it was way too large than what you would expect from an outside perspective.

In any normal day I would pinch myself to check if I was dreaming but I knew that this had to be related to magic? An Illusion? Of course not, if I trust the Princess' words then it seems there is no such thing as illusion magic this had to be...space magic.

"Although that's only a theory..."

This world is filled with too many complicated things, I'd have to either continue doing this habit of mine despite the anxiety, or just change my mindset to stop this anxious feeling of mine both of which have pros and cons. Although I already made my decision.

As I looked around for books I stumbled upon a book entitled "The Various Beasts In This Land...Author...Kenaq Vetam", just as the title said it contained various information about the various beasts, as I skimmed through it it clicked my mind that the author's name sounded familiar. 

"Kenaq, Kenaq...Magister Kenaq!"

Although it is to be expected, to be a teacher requires various credentials probably one of them involves submitting their own book. I'd expect nothing less from a teacher. After praising the author, I continued walking around checking out various books skimming through their information.

  • While that was happening...

*THUD*

A guard fell to the ground face flat, revealing the figure who had stabbed the guard's back...

"Tsk, so boring" as Man A fiddled with his dagger on his hand. 
"Shush, there might be others nearby" said Man B

"Tsk." Man A

"Anyways, let's just follow the Boss' orders...the plan is to encircle the whole castle and we attack together once we hear the signal." Man B

"The signal if I remember correctly it's a-" Man A

The man placed his palm at the other man's mouth.

"Shush, only the two of us should know that" Man B

"Why is that again?" Man A

"Because, there might be traitors"
"Damn traitors, but...are you sure there are? 

"Who knows, in any case let's prepare"

  • Presently

I was currently walking towards my room, I recalled that I once again felt that tingling sensation as I touched that doorknob and although it was small it made feel exhausted...or maybe it was just my mind playing with me as I could be exhausted for reading books too.

I'd expect someone to stand beside my room like Christel or Oleg to confront me but oddly enough no one was beside my room.

"How Odd." 

As I entered my room, I took of my grey overcoat and sat on the bed getting ready to sleep until...

*Ding* *Ding* 

I heard a bell ringing from a distance, the information I read didn't say anything about this but it's probably some normal occurence. I affirmed to myself as I continued to shut my eyes to sleep. 

  • A while later

As I opened my eyes, I felt well rested and stood up to wear my grey overcoat, as my hand was inches away from the doorknob of the door I felt an ominous feeling and quickly retracted my hand. I don't know why but I instead stood behind a wall, as I opened the door, I felt numerous things brushing past me colliding against the wall. After a while numerous cuts appeared on the wall, it's as if some beast scratched the side of the wall numerous times. I hurriedly tried to close the door until a foot stepped in between midway.

"Hey, hey, don't just stop there midway" a masculine voice said.

I tried my hardest in stopping the man from the opening door but the door didn't even budge in fact the man pushed the door with ease, the force knocked me at the wall breaking the bones in my body...it was too much I spat out blood. The floor was quickly covered with dust and little bits of cement. I knew that this was dangerous.

As a last ditch effort, I hurriedly reached out to grab the magic quill as the man continued to step inside slowly, I could now see his full figure, his brown trousers and green vest was covered with blood, the blood of whom?

"Man, it would have taken hours if you didn't open that door, thanks brother! My name is Gandro Ve..." the man continued to talk.

I paid no attention, and the man quickly took this a sign of disrespect and quickly rushed towards me, I mean who would complain...I'm just a random stranger, there isn't any benefit in torturing me slowly.

"As a reward, I'll make this painless" the man smiled back but the man quickly took a step back as a figure appeared out of thin air.

"What the-"

*GROWL*

It was the Snow Wolf that I imagined, and it worked perfectly, the man took some distance earning me some time, the man suddenly started clenching his fists and the air around me felt different...he's using wind magic!

I hurriedly ordered the Snow Wolf to fake pounce on the man, I knew the Snow Wolf couldn't be used offensively but I can definitely use it defensively. The man took a step back from the attack, and unleashed his wind magic on the Snow Wolf.

The force of the current would definitely make any ordinary living thing to be knocked against a wall, however, the Snow Wolf is different, because the force went through the Snow Wolf like it was a ghost. The man thought about it for a second but quickly denied it, as he saw the Snow Wolf digging his paws on the floor leaving a trail of dust. The man continously fired more wind magic at the Snow Wolf but it was of no use, the man was now quite visibly scared.

'He's gonna leave right?' I thought but, the man took a glance at my direction and his mouth which was a frown quickly turned into a smirk. 'Oh no'.

I quickly ordered the Snow Wolf to return back, but the distance was too far apart I was careless, the wind magic collided on my chest, and I heard a cracking sound. More of my became broken, my heart was in pain...it was too hard to process but I think a bone lodged into my lung. The Snow Wolf which was coming towards me, slowly faded away...

"Ha..hahaahaha" the man continued to laugh as my vision faded away from the background. bits of paper from my diary came falling down.

'Why did this had to happen to me'

'I wonder what happened to the others?'

Those thoughts came into my mind, but I knew it was fruitless thinking more about it, but in my heart I knew..

'I don't want to die just yet.'

My vision became black and all I saw was darkness.

"........"

"........"

"........"

"........"

"........"

There I saw my hand holding my quill, which had just finished writing the last sentence in my diary. My throat was backed up and I had a hard time breathing and my whole body felt strange.
'What? Didn't I just die? What the fuck is going on?'

As I placed my hands checking my whole body, everything was the same. But how much of everything was the same. As I checked my watch it was 1:00, when I went to sleep it was 8:00. 

"How is this possible...going back in time? Impossible!" I mumbled to myself, I refused reality, but I went back to check the last entry of my diary. It was the same as back then, it talked about the experiments I did with the magic quill, and the diary wasn't in tatters anymore just like before the fight took place.

"Maybe it was just a nightmare..."

 

 

0