Better To Check Everything Myself
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I contemplated about it, it just felt odd to me to accept the fact I went back in time.

"It must be a nightmare or a premonition of some sorts"

But it all felt so real, was what I wanted to say to myself but I quickly denied such claims, maybe it was my brain's way of accepting the fact I died or maybe it isn't?

As I came out of the room, I quickly ventured within the castle, oddly enough there wasn't any person around, I felt quite tense but a person finally came into my vision.

"Christel..." I mumbled. Although my voice was quite low, she flinched as she heard the voice behind her.

Christel looked at my direction, widening her eyes suprised to see me.

"I know you think I'm suspicous, but I just came to sight see that's all"

"...."Christel eyed at me for a while but ignored me as if she accepted my answer. In any normal day, I'd be upset finding Christel rather than any other person but this was one of those rare times I'm glad that she's here, it was quite ominous no one was around after all.

"So Christel, where are the other maids?"

"They're preparing the throne room for his Majesty"

"I see..."

It seems like everyone was busy preparing although that begs me to question.

"What are you doing then?"

"Me? It's none of your business" Christel scoffed at my question.

"So when it's about the King you can talk about it all you want, but when it's about you-"

"Be quiet, do not disrespect the King. As the guest I will warn you...we will be forced to take action if  you trouble us any further"

"....."

Christel returned glancing around the window, I'd rather not waste my time watching Christel to know for what in God's name she's doing with her time. As I recalled the memories in my nightmare I came across the dining room, I'd expect servants to guard the door but there was no one around at all. I placed my hand on the doorknob but it refused to turn, as I attempted several times in turning the doorknob I soon realized the door was locked which explains a lot on why there are no guards.

"Oh it's you Sir Williams" a man's voice said at the end of the corridor.

"Nice to meet you, Sir Oleg"

"I'm guessing your quite eager to eat aren't you"

"Oh...ah yes, I am quite eager" I realized this is an opportunity to tell a white lie..besides if I told him 'I came here because I saw something weird in my nightmare, they'd treat me like a lunatic or even worse, more suspicous than what I was before'

Oleg smiled back at my response and walked away in our brief conversation. With the various things I've seen today, it had to be a fact, everything I saw in that nightmare might come true. I shouldn't waste my time any further and talk to the Princess directly.

"Wait Sir Oleg!"

"What is it?" Oleg said as he stopped in his tracks.

"Where can I find the Princess?"

"I'm told she is at her room, it's at the left of that corridor"

"Thank you."

I quickly went to the direction that Oleg gave and I came across a fancy blue door at the side of it was a guard, as I slowly approached the door my eyes gazed upon an unreadable name plate,  which probably means "Emilia" or "Princess", if I'd ever have to guess.

As I raising my hand preparing to knock the door, the guard beside me shouted "What are you doing?" with a rude tone. I ignored him .

I knocked on the door, but no one responded. The guard grabbed my shoulder while shouting "Stop what you are doing, this is a warning"

I knocked again while saying "Princess it's me! Greg!"

"Y-you!" the guard quickly took action and his fist was already aiming towards my face until...

"Wait!" the princess shouted behind the door. The guard's fist was only centimers away from punching my face and I luckily survived that, either way I would have accepted being a little bruised as I deserved it after all there were more important matters to attend to.

The door quickly opened revealing Princess Emilia, who was now wearing a clean pink dress and the guard bowed before her. 

"Princess, I have something important to talk to you about" I whispered in her ear.

The Princess nodded and gestured me to enter inside the room. As we entered the guard outside had a bewildered face. 

"Who was that man?"

 

 

0