A Premonition From A Man’s Nightmares
44 3 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What? Can you repeat that again?" Emilia said.

"I said, that I think there will be an attack in the castle tonight..." 

"Where did you get this information?"

"I...would you believe me if I told you, I saw it in my dreams?"

"That depends...I'd like to hear about it first"

So I told the Princess every detail, from eating in the dining room, the library, Christel's past and the vicious assault that killed me in my room.

"So that's what happened."

"....." Emilia looked at me with a shocked face.

"Well? Say something!" I shouted.

"Well, this is really too hard to process, I can accept the fact of you knowing a little information about the world but how did you know Christel's past? How did you know the librarian's name when you haven't even entered? The last part was hard to believe at all.."
"And yet I still managed to know all about it." I said.

"Well that is true, on to the matter at hand, you think that the castle was attacked last night because you saw the man covered in blood?"

That memory was imprinted on me, that cold blooded man laughing like a madman, covered in blood.

"Yes. I am definitely sure that's what I saw"

"And you know about the door's safety mechanisms" Emilia said.

"The door's what?" I asked in bewilderment.

"Judging from what happened to you, you were lucky to have survived last, it seems like the guest room was the last one they decided to check and...if you must know, there is a defense magic formation embedded on the walls and doors of that room, it's even on par with the defense magic formation in my own room, although yours is a lesser version of itself"

"So the door has a safety mechanism..."

"Although it's not full proof, it can be easily be solved if enough people were to put their attention on it, maybe 10 people within 30 minutes? Also it deactivates if the door is opened, that's another of it's weaknesses, and that's precisely what happened to you in your, what you say 'nightmare' "

"I'm not even sure if it's a nightmare anymore" came out of my mouth.

"Although I find it hard to believe as well, it isn't a nightmare but it can still be possibly a premonitionI've heard various rumors in the past of people knowing the future within their dreams, maybe this is one of those rare occurences"

"Then what do we Emilia?"

"Leave it to me, for now just rest" Princess Emilia said.

"I'm sorry, I'll have to decline that" I said with rude tone.

"It was just a suggestion, if you want you can investigate the outer walls of the castles, I'll be sending two of my trusted guards with you" 

"I...can accept that"

I need to investigate the outer walls of the castle, maybe I'll find something about the incoming attack. But...

"Can't I escape right now? But Christel could have already told the guards to prevent me from escaping...if I had to compare the two, I think I'll have a better chance of surviving together rather than escaping alone. As I was walking towards the meet-up spot, I met the 2 guards Emilia sent to me.

"Are you Sir Williams?" Guard A asked.

"Yes I am" I nodded.

"Then shall we?" Guard A pointed towards the exit.

I glady accepted and the 2 guards followed alongside me, it took 3 minutes but I found something odd.

"Guard, don't you think this ground looks strange?"

"Hm? It doesn't look different at all though?" Guard B said.

"Either way, let's dig this up with a shovel"

After the digging the ground we found a strange device.

"It looks like some kinda bomb."

"Bomb? What's a bomb?"Guard A asked.

"It's basically a dangerous thing that can easily kill a hundred people close range"

"I shall report this to the Princess, bring the bomb with you" Guard A saluted and was ready to leave.

"Wait" I said firmly.

"...?"

"This bomb is covered with multiple magic symbols, I think if we move it, it will explode" I said. Guard B whose hand was inches away from grabbing the hand quickly retracted his hand from fear.

"W-well you should have said that first! We're not experienced at this sort of thing." Guard B said.

"I have a proposition, let's bring a skilled magic user to deactivate the bomb...tell that to the Princess"

"I shall gladly do so" Guard A said, the other guard stood there blankly, questioning what he's supposed to do.

"And you, come with me, we'll investigate that forest there"

"B-but shouldn't we wait for him to come back?" Guard B said stuttering.

I looked at my watch and I was sure we were losing time. "No time, they could be on a move...even at this moment" I said.

The Guard while hesitant nodded vigorously. As we travelled into the forest, you'd expect to find traces and tracks but there was practically no trace of people walking about.

"And that's precisely why it's suspicous" I said.

"Suspicous?"

"Why there is no tracks is suspicous by itself...I heard the castle hired many people to travel into the forest in a timely manner, maybe 12:30? The afternoon?"

"Of course...that explains why they hadn't come back yet" Guard B muttered to himself.

"Assassins maybe? They are specialized in covering their tracks....but they made one mistake, killing the investigator"

I've decided to call those people who entered the forest, investigators, it just fits in a way.

"Killing? Maybe you mean missing, it hasn't been confirmed yet." Guard B shaked his head.

"I guess so, let's return to the castle, it's getting a tad bit dangerous"

The guard agreed and we both returned back into the castle, I suppose I might as well check the bomb which was planted, but oddly enough the bomb was gone.

"Where's the bomb? Maybe with the Specialist?"

"If you mean the person who skillfully disarmed the bomb, then that would be me yes~~" a feminine voice said.

"Uwah!" I stepped back a little, I looked at the guard he was shocked too...are these the guards of the castle, how didn't they notice that??? 

"Sorry for scaaringgg~ you" she smirked.

"So, on that note? Where's the bomb"

"Let's put a hold on that for now...my name is Velora, I'm a protégé of Magister Ketaq"

"You mean that Magister Kenaq? That skillful teacher?" I said.

"Skillful? That's an understatement, but~ I don't mind go on~" Velora smiled.

"Anyways, back to the question, where's the bomb?"

"You're not gonna ask why I'm here?" Velora pouted.

"Then why ARE yOU here?" I said sarcastically.

"I just came to deliver some new books, thanks for asking~" Velora smiled.

"Well now I can tell you that the bomb was with me the whole time!" Velora said while stretching her palms, I would be refuting her if I didn't saw the whole thing myself. An object suddenly appeared out of thin air..could it be...space magic? Velora grabbed the object with her two arms and presented the bomb to me like a gift.

"Woah don't get that too close to me"

"It's fine, it's fine~ It's safe"

"Hm..alright"

I grabbed the deactivated bomb, and investigated it, the magic symbols had dissapeared leaving only a faint glow at the symbols which once used to glow as bright as yellow.

"Ms. Velora? Was it?"

"Yes~?"

"Ms. Velora, where do you think the materials used to make this came from?"

"If my knowledge serves me correctly, the materials used the bomb was pretty commonly used, other than the Shkres"

"If I remember it correctly, a Shkres is a rare material found within the ocean waters right, it's mainly used for long distance mana connections? Do you think the people from the seas are involved in this?"

"Yes indeed, with that in mind, the Treeling Group is definitely the most connected, it's the only one near this castle which is mainly seas operation" Velora said.

"I can't investigate it myself though... I'm stuck within this whole kingdom for all I know!" I sighed.

"Why is that?" Velora asked.

"We all have our secrets Ms. Velora..."

"I guess that's true, either way..you can still investigate it yourself though"

"What?? How can that be?"

"The Treeling Group's main operation is located within the kingdom, although you won't see any ships, the resources being sent to the main building is enough no~?"

Velora's words are true, all that matter was that we had a connection to the main core of the Treeling Group, as long as that's there, you would't doubt that there might be some traces left about the bomb. As the Princess heard everything directly from Velora, it was decided that me and Velora will be investigating the matter ourselves.

What the heck is this wreck of a story?

 

0