Investigation On The Treelings Group (Part 1)
35 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As we ventured in our journey, Velora raised her hand in front of me stopping me at my tracks.

"We're here" 

As I looked at the building in front of me, I was baffled on the enormous size but my emotions settled down as this was rational based on the Treeling Group's influence.

As we entered the building, numerous people were walking past us, although this was to be expected it seems our disguises work perfectly. From an outsider's perspective we just looked like their own coworkers working alongside them, it's perfect enough to infiltrate the place.

As we were walking we saw a woman wearing a black shirt in front of us
"Excuse me!" Velora said calling out to the woman grabbing her attention.

I quickly grabbed Velora and whispered to her ear "What on earth are you doing?"

"I don't know what's Er-ruth, but we need information don't we?" whispered back to me.

"No! We can handle it ourselves!" I shouted.

"Um...hey partner, were you calling for me?" the woman said.

From her point of view, we looked very suspicous or just downright fools bickering towards one another, whichever it be I'd rather pick the latter. I coughed to grab her attention.

"Well, we were just wondering where the manager is, we haven't seen her at all in a while now" I said.

"I get what you mean, I always did wonder what our manager was doing with her time in a room like that never bothering leaving, heck I had soup-" 

"Wait can you say that again?" I asked quickly cutting her off.

"The one where I had soup?" the woman asked.

"No, before that.."

"Ahhh, you mean the room the manager is in, I tell ya, she always stays in that room, with the black door and that 'Do not enter' sign, heck anyone can tell it's pretty serious" the woman said lazily.

"Can you tell us where that room is?" I asked.

"Hey, hey, I'm warning you pal, the last one who entered that place was never seen again, I'd feel pretty guilty putting youse two's to your deaths if that ever happens" the woman shaked her head.

"Don't worry we can handle ourselves besides..." as my voice trailed off I pointed towards Velora.

"She's a distant relative of the manager, I'm sure she'll forgive us" I said with confidence.

"Well why didn't ya just say so!" the woman quickly took out a map, er blueprint, the Main point IS that the paper helped us in locating the room. The woman waved goodbye to us as we left, although it begs me to question.

"Velora, couldn't you just use magic to locate the manager?" I asked.

"Yes I can but it would have huge risks if the Treeling Group's security detected the location of the user who used the magic, a.k.a Me. It would be easy to do this outside, though it has to be realllly far away"
"Sigh, I was just assuming you could do it since your Kenaq's Protégé, I can't believe you can actually do that..." I shaked my head.

"Is your view of me that low? Can't even cast intermediate-level magic??" Velora whispered.

"Well..you can say it like that..." Actually I only read the history books, I never thought that tracking magic was low level magic, but I can't say that to Velora.

As we arrived at the room, we silently entered and we saw the manager holding something in her hand, hey wait...that's!

"Shkres1used for long distance mana connections mainly used for bombs and communicationI mumbled.

"Well, they're definitely guilty, let's kidnap the manager!" Velora shouted quietly.

As Velora was about to move I grabber her arm and stopped her.

"    :3   ? " Velora made such an expression.
"It's not confirmed yet, it is a rare material after all, also how reckless can you be what if she's innocent?"

"Hm? Am I reckless? That reminds me! That's what the Princess said too when I suddenly grabbed that bomb and her expre-"

"You what!??" I shouted gripping her arm even tighter.

"But everything is fine though right?" Velora smiled.

"Sigh...oh hey the manager she's starting to move"

True enough the manager was walking towards another aisle, also can I mention how huge this place is, it must be filled with a vast amount of riches and what not. The manager did the same thing and checked the materials and their condition as I was observing my surroundings Velora called out to me.

"What is it?"

"The manager, look, she's about to communicate to someone"

As I looked at the manager's hand she was holding a green-jewel pendant on her chest. What is that?

"You might now know this Greg, but what she's holding is something only a few nobles can own, which is used for communications, it has a few disadvantages though like the mana consumption and the jew-" Velora started to spout out trivia.

"Shush, just get straight to the point!" I shouted.

"How mean! Anyways, I should be able to hear the conversation as long as I use wind magic, oh if you'd like to know what magic I'm going to use it's called-"

"Not important! Just do it!" I shouted.

"Hmph."  

Despite Velora's displeasure she adhered to my request, soon enough various magical symbols appeared and she recited an incantation.

"Prochorimenos, Elenchomeni, Meigma, Akou,  Na Fereis, Telos" Velora said.

As she finished we heard a feminine voice.

"This is M-3, I'm here to report" 

"Greg, this will last for as long as I want it to be, at most I can do this for only 2 minutes remember that" Velora whispered.

"Got it." then the thought clicked on my mind.

"Wait Velora, didn't you say you can't use magic cause of the risks?"

"I only said intermediate-magic~, I can easily hide the presence of a beginner magic like "Eavesdrop".

"No? You didn't say anthing about intermediate-magic." I frowned.

"Oh did I? Anyways let's focus on the conversation"

We then focused on the conversation of the manager.

"Good work M-3, how are the goods?" an anonymous masculine voice said.

What?? The Author actually puts a chapter number? Is the world ending?? Of course not, it's just temporary okay! Besides it is by parts, P-A-R-T-S, Parts!

1