Investigation of the Treelings Group (Part 2)
53 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How are the goods M-3?" a masculine voice said.

"Their high in quality in boss. I think it will be enough for that." the manager, M-3 said.

I'm not entirely sure what they mean by that but it definitely sounds suspicous, Velora eyed me as if she was agreeing with me, although we shouldn't take action yet.

"Good deliver it to the location at 4:00" said the masculine voice who was the Boss.

"Yes, I'll be alerting them at once." M-3 said.

Then the pendant of M-3 stopped glowing, and we heard not even a single word from the Boss onwards...it seems the connection was cut off.

"What do we do Velora?" I asked.

"She talked about something about alerting a special group right?" Velora said.

"I'm not sure about them being special...but yes"

"I've been detecting some advanced magic being used nearby, I think they are the group M-3 speaks of."

"How long was it gonna take before you tell me that?" I said annoyed.

"It only happened a few seconds ago, the Boss of M-3 probably alerted everyone beforehand to talk to M-3"

"Well then let's go back, it's getting too dangerous we need to tell the Princes-"

"I've already messaged her, and don't worry it's beginner's magic~"

As I was beginning to leave, Velora didn't even move an inch. "What are you doing?"

"I've been thinking why are you helping anyways?"

"Well, the castle will be attacked and I'll be dragged into their problems so..."
"Couldn't you just stay at a nearby inn?" Velora asked.

"No, no, I can't, I don't have money" I shaked my hands. Actually I did, I had a gold coin, but the real reason was because Christel might see this as suspicous, she might think I'm in the same group who would attack the castle tonight and would quickly send a few people to hunt me down.

"I see~ anyways, we probably shouldn't leave yet, let's follow the signal where I detected magic from." Velora said slyly.

"What's your plan? Kill 2 members of M-3's group and we replace them?" I said with a laugh, we won't actually do that right?

"Yes exactly? How did you know?" Velora asked.

"Wait what."

  • A few hours later.

*THUMP*

A body of a blackcloaked individual fell the ground face flat with a hole in his chest, thus revealing the face of a bald headed man wearing a black cloak standing up with a defensive stance.

"Get back here! You bitch! Anemou Blade!" yelled the bald man.

Anemou Blade, a beginner wind magic spell that unleashes a sharp blade of wind towards a target. The force of the blades is highly dependent on the user's mana control.

"At least that's what the book said but..." I mumbled trailing off...

As I saw Velora easily dodging Anemou Blade with ease and she finished it off with Fotia Sympagis! It's a magic I've never seen before, the fire instantly reached target in a condensed form and even when the bald man kept shouting Anemou Blade, the blade never cut through the condensed form of fire magic Fotia Sympagis, it was truly a dangerous magic which was unstoppable in my eyes. The bald man tried to run away but the speed of Fotia Sympagia was too fast and it reached towards his heart, tearing through his bare flesh and skin, destroying his heart leaving a hole in the bald man's body.

"Impressed~?" Velora said.

"So, what now? We wear the black cloaks and attend their meeting?"

"Exactly! Although they might recognize us though hmm"

We both undressed the two deceased indviduals and took their uniform, as we finished wearing it... a thought clicked my mind.

"Hold on for a minute Velora, let me try something"

"Hm? Okay?" 

I grabbed my magic quill and I envisioned the bald headed man and planned to use his face and body shape to be unrecognizable to the original however....

"It didn't work" I said with dissapointment, I truly never understood the condition needed have that illusion happen, and I'll probably never find out for a long time.

"Eh...I don't what you were trying to do but why did I sense some mana flowing through that quill there" Velora pointed towards the magic quill.

"Oh, it's nothing just my family's useless heritage object, it's for entertainment for all I know" I said smiling, knowing fully well it's a lie.

"Eh, first time I've heard something like that never heard it from my teacher too~"

"Let's get going, they'll get suspicous if we take too long" I said.

As we were walking I found something in the pocket of the black cloak I was wearing. A piece of paper? It says Utnac. I paid no mind to it, as it was just simple rubbish that you would find in a pocket of someone, it would be comparable to a salesman with receipts in his pocket.

As we arrived the destination, 8 or more black cloaked inviduals were there, they just stared at us and continued conversing to one another. It seems like we aren't late.

"I'm glad you are all here" said the man with a monotone, he seemed like the leader type with his handsome face but burnt out eyes like he hasn't slept in a while.

"M-3 sent me to deliver the Shkras, my name is Courier your job is to protect me that's all, we'll be checking for identities first"

The black cloaked people didn't even utter a single word and listened in silence, they started to line up and me and Velora followed along.

"Just message me in this pendant of mine send it exactly 3:05" Courier revealed a red pendant. All the members chanted an incantati

"Psst." Velora called me.

"What is it?"

"You probably don't know but that red pendant is used to organize information and know the answers from different people, it's very useful in situations like these" Velora whispered.

"So basically it's a text message" I mumbled to myself.

"So what do we do? We don't know their names..." I said to Velora.

"The red pendant is useful but it's also easy to switch them around."

"..?"

"It's simple I switch our answer with another member of the group, and we frame them instead!"

I've gotta say that's a genius idea, but firstly...
"Is it beginner's magic?"

"Sadly no, we might get detected but it's worth the risks"

As Velora was about to put her magic on the test.

"Hold on for a minute, let me try this..."
I held my magic quill and envisioned a Snow Wolf appearing at the corner of that wall.

"W-what is that!" Courier yelled pointing towards the Snow Wolf.

The members of the group suddenly surrounded Courier to protect him, we (Me and Velora) followed along as well.

"Everyone, fire!" a feminine voice yelled. As everyone was busy firing magic at the Snow Wolf, Velora casted her magic and switched our messages with another member of a group.

"Cease fire!" Courier yelled. He eyed on all of the members, wondering who yelled, it was me of course but I used another person's voice which was Christel's. "Well that was certainly odd, but let's check on your identities"

As the Courier was checking his red pendant, all the members were silent waiting for him to finish.

"You!" He pointed towards a black cloaked member.

"Me?"

"You're a spy!"

Kill the author for ending with a cliff hanger

 

 

0