Chapter 103: Going Back
438 7 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   Amesaki-senpai embraces me tightly when she saw me. And when I said tightly, I mean it. If she hugs me any tighter, my ribs are at the risks of being crushed.

   ‘You made me so worried! Don’t you ever disappear on me again!’ she tells me while sobbing.

   ‘I’m sorry for worrying you, senpai.’ I apologize profusely.

   She hugged me for quite a while. When the ongoing stares of her colleagues aren’t stopping her. By the time she’s done, she’s much calmer.

   ‘What actually happened? Why were you gone for so long?’ she asks me when she let goes of me.

   So I told her about everything that had happened: How I wandered into the Otherworld while I was diving, how I met Lady Scáthach, how Curruid helped me to find Coinchenn, and a rough summary of what happened between our fight.

   ‘...So you managed to stop him with the help of Curruid. Well done.’ she says after I was done.

   ‘Thank you, senpai. I don’t understand one thing, though. Why did so much time passed after I went to the Otherworld. I swear that I’ve only spent a few hours there.’

   ‘That’s because time flows differently at our world and the Otherworld.’ she explains.

   Oh, right. Now that she mentioned it, I remember reading that from somewhere.

   A group of Irish civil servants come forward and salute me.

   ‘Thank you for your help. Without you, more lives might have perished.’ a man whom I assume is their leader tells me.

   ‘Um, you’re welcome.’

   I try not to think about those villagers who already lost their lives. I’m even too scared to ask about the total numbers of casualties.

   ‘Now that our mission is complete, let’s head back to Japan. I’ll book a flight at once.’ Amesaki-senpai tells me.

   Finally. I could go home.

   ‘Is it not possible for you to stay a few days?’ the leader asks us. ‘We would be more than happy to show you some hospitality after all the things you did for us.’

   ‘I appreciate the offer. I really do. Unfortunately, I have people waiting back at Japan. I’ve already worried them enough, so I want to head back as soon as possible.’ I say to him.

   ‘I see. That’s a shame.’

   Amesaki-senpai takes out her phone and presses the screen with her thumb for a while, then she looks up from her phone.

   ‘It’s done. Thankfully, they have an unused plane at the airport. We can get on that one to get back to Japan.’ she reports.

   I change back to my uniform before we depart. After that, we were driven to the airport the same way we got here. We said our farewells to the Irish civil servants, and we head to the gate where our ride home is. The more I walk, the more tired I get. I don’t know why the fatigue chose this moment to kick in. It’s probably because my brain thinks that now that everything is over, my body deserves some well-deserved rest.

   ‘Are you okay, Kagenashi-kun? You look exhausted.’ Amesaki-senpai asks me with a concerned look when she sees my groggy look.

   ‘I kind of am. Must be all the fighting I did back in the Otherworld.’

   ‘Well, we’re reaching the plane soon, so you can rest up all you want.’

   And rest up I did. Once we get inside another plane for commercial use, I immediately lie down on the seat and go to sleep. I’m usually someone who takes a while to fall asleep, but not this time. I feel much better when I wake up.

   ‘Good morning, Kagenashi-kun.’ Amesaki-senpai, who’s sitting right next to me again, tells me.

   I let out a yawn and stretch my body.

   ‘Good morning Amesaki-senpai.’ I greet her back.

   ‘You must have been really tired to sleep seven hours straight.’

   ‘Blimey, have I really slept for that long?’

   ‘I’m afraid so. You even missed dinner.’

   At the mention of dinner, my stomach lets out a rumbling noise.

   ‘Yup. I definitely need some food.’

   I reach out my hand and press the button on the ceiling of the plane that allows me to call an air stewardess to my seat. One comes over almost immediately.

   ‘How may I help you, sir?’ she asks me.

   ‘May I have some food?’

   ‘Certainly, sir. We’re serving lamb shank and grilled duck breast today. Which one do you prefer?’

   ‘Duck breast, please. I would also like to have some water.’

   ‘Of course. Please wait for a while.’

   I was served my meal pretty quickly. I finish them all off within minutes. Satisfied, I call the air stewardess again to have my tray and cup cleared.

   ‘By the way, have you reported your safety to your girlfriends?’ Amesaki-senpai asks. ‘They must be very worried about you.’

   ‘I already have. And they promised me punishment for making them worry like that. I’ll probably be forced to eat Sakuya-senpai’s cooking.’

   She chuckles at that.

   ‘Her cooking is still terrible, huh?’

   I shudder at the countless memories where I on the verge of death after eating the food she made.

   ‘She managed to cook some decent fish and chips when we visited her mother, but that’s about it. After that, she was back to normal. One of these days, I may become a permanent resident of the ICU.’

   ‘If her cooking is really that bad, you could have just refused to eat it.’

   ‘That’s the thing. I can’t. What kind of terrible boyfriend would refuse to eat the food his girlfriend made?’

   She smiles. ‘Sakuya is really lucky to have you as her boyfriend.’

   ‘And she better appreciate it. I hate to complain, but some of her food really gave me a hard time.’ I grumble.

   ‘Like what?’

   ‘Have you ever tried eating roasted pork soaked in cod liver oil and garnished with deep fried butter, senpai? I have.’

   ‘That’s a pretty…wild idea.’

   ‘There’s a lot more, but I wouldn’t want to scare you.’

   ‘How about you tell me more about your girlfriends, instead?’

   ‘Well, if that’s what you want. First off, there Fuyukaze Mashiro…’

   For the next few hours, we just talked and exchanged stories. I talked about my girlfriends, she told me about her student days and the things she went through after she graduated. It’s really amazing that she has so much stories to tell even though she has only graduated from the Academy for one year. Someone could probably write a novel based on all the missions and adventures that she had. I was so engrossed in listening I didn’t even realized it that the plane has landed.

   It was afternoon when the plane left Ireland. Right now it’s the middle of night in Japan. All the shops has been closed, and no one else is around except for a security guard or two. This gives the airport a really eerie atmosphere. I can’t imagine bringing Yui here. She would freak out for sure.

   Soon, we reach the underground car park.

   ‘Take this, Miu. You drive Kagenashi-kun back to his dorm.’ Motome-senpai tells Amesaki-senpai while handing her a key.

   ‘It’s not that I mind, but why me?’

   Motome-senpai smiles mischievously. ‘You should know very well why.’

   Amesaki-senpai averts her gaze and lets out a sigh.

   And so, we got separated into two groups again. Amesaki-senpai presses a button on the key. A car near us lets out a sound every car makes when it’s unlocked.

   ‘I guess that’s our ride. Let’s get inside so that you can go home.’

   ‘Yes.’

   As the car we’re in exits the car park and drives on the road, I let out a small sigh. It’s really over, and I’ll be back at my room soon.

   ‘What are the first thing you’ll be doing once you get back, Kagenashi-kun?’ Amesaki-senpai asks.

   All of a sudden, I’m conscious of my own smell. I smell like the ocean and the beach. Not surprising since I was at one half a day ago. What I’m really surprised is that it took me this long to notice it.

   ‘I really need a bath. I’m so sorry that your nose has to suffer, senpai.’

   ‘Don’t worry about it. There are much worse smells that I had to endure.’

   ‘I’m not going to be insensitive and ask you what they are.’

   ‘Thank you for your kindness.’

   ‘What about you, senpai? What are you planning to do when you got back?’ I ask her back.

   ‘I plan to take a bath just like you. After that, I’m going to bed. I have to go to work later this morning, after all. I need all the sleep I can get.’ she answers.

   And the conversation has ended.

   ‘I think you meant to ask me what I do in my free time.’ she says in an attempt to bring it back.

   ‘Yup. I was totally trying to do that.’

   She chuckles. ‘I’m sure you are. Anyway, I prefer to go for slow jogs and mountain hiking whenever I have the time.’

   ‘I see that you’re an outdoor person.’

   ‘Are you not a fan of the outside world?’

   ‘I’m afraid not. I don’t mind travelling and stuff, but I prefer to stay indoors and watch movies or something.’

   ‘Oh, I love to watch movies too. Horrors, actions, that sort of thing.’

   ‘I’m not trying to be rude or anything, but that’s kind of surprising.’

   ‘It doesn’t really fit my image, does it?’

   ‘It kind of does, actually. I’m surprised since girls tend to prefer romantic movies.’

   ‘Not me. I would fall asleep rather quickly if I watch one of those, much to Nao’s annoyance. She just loves to drag me to the nearest cinema and watch a romantic movie back when we were still students, and even now every once in a while.’

   ‘I see that the two of you get along very well.’

   ‘I guess. Though rather than best friends, we were kind of stuck with each other. After all, we have never spoken to each other until we became the president and the vice president of the student council.’

   ‘And somehow the two of you were together even after you have graduated.’

   ‘Yup. Things like this just happen, you know? After talking to her and getting to know her better, I realized that we actually have quite a lot in common. I’m glad that we got to know each other. Just don’t tell her that I said that. I don’t want to let this go to her head.’

   ‘Don’t worry, senpai. Your secret is safe with me.’

   After an hour or so, we finally reach the Academy.

   ‘Thank you for the ride, senpai.’ I tell Amesaki-senpai before I get out of the car.

   ‘No no, thank you. We would have a hard time with our mission if you didn’t come along. Well, good night.’

   ‘Yes. Good night, senpai.’

   As I was about to open the car door, she pulls the side of my shirt to prevent me from leaving.

   ‘Is there something that you would like to tell me, senpai?’ I ask.

   She didn’t answer at first. She’s being all fidgety, and her face is red.

   ‘Well, I, um…’

   I wait for her patiently as she’s trying to get the words out. Instead of words, however, she gives me a kiss on the lips. Her face got even redder.

   ‘J-J-J-Just think of it as a reward! For completing the mission!’ she stutters.

   I feel my face burning as well.

   ‘Good night, senpai.’ was all I could think of. to say

   ‘Y-Yes. Good night, Kagenashi-kun.’

   Even after I went inside the dorm and got into the lift, my face is still hot. I know I’m overreacting when I’ve kissed so many girls, but a sudden kiss like that still caught me off guard. I’m just glad that Sakuya and Saya weren’t here. They’ll never let me hear the end of it if they were.

   When I got to my front door, I notice that someone is standing behind it. I have a rough idea on who it is, which is why I’m not worried at all. I take out my key and unlocks the door. I then push the door inwards and turn on the light.

   ‘Welcome home, master.’

   As I thought, it’s Kuromi. She’s wearing her usual maid uniform, and she’s standing prim and upright like a proper maid too.

   ‘Were you inside here all by yourself this whole time, Kuromi?’ I ask her as I close the door behind me.

   ‘Indeed I was, master.’

   ‘You could have just go back to your room and get some rest just like the others, you know.’

   ‘Unlike the other mistresses, I have no need for a rest. I am an immortal being, after all. Or are you implying that I have stepped over the boundary of being a maid by being overly worried about your well-being, master?’

   Kuromi’s not showing it on her face, but her usual flat tone of voice is mixed with slight anger. As I thought, she’s still mad.

   ‘I’m sorry for freaking you out, okay? It was inevitable, but I have no excuse for it. Please forgive me.’

   As a sign of apology, I go in front of her and lightly stroke her head. Her expression immediately turns mellow, but she forces herself to look at me with an impassive look.

   ‘It is not my place to forgive or not to forgive you, master. Not that I am mad in the first place.’

   She reaches out both her hands and gather up her hair on both sides.

   ‘I-It’s not like I was worried, you idiot!’ she pouts.

   ‘...Where did you learn to do that?’

   ‘There was an anime being aired on the television inside my room at the staff’s dorm. A tsundere character said the same line.’

   ‘So you got influenced by an anime. Well color me surprised.’

   ‘More importantly, would you like a bath before you go to bed?’

   ‘Yes, I do.’

   ‘I predicted that you would say that, which is why I have already prepared a bath for you.’

   I smile gratefully at her. ‘Thanks for that.’

   ‘Please think nothing of it. I am your personal maid, and this is part of my duty. I am also more than willing to be used as an object to release your s*xual-’

   ‘You know, Kuromi. Just because we have already done the deed it doesn’t mean that you can say the word out loud.’ I interrupt her.

   She bows at me.

   ‘My apologies for being too enthusiastic.’ she says apologetically.

   ‘Oh, forget it. Now then, I would really want to take the bath.’

   ‘Certainly.’

   She proceeds to unbutton my uniform.

   ‘Um, Kuromi? I can take them off myself.’ I tell her.

   ‘Again, this is part of my duty.’

   ‘I take it that you’ll insist on coming inside the bathroom with me?’

   ‘Of course. I shall wash your back for you.’

   I give up. There’s no stopping her.

   The moment my genitals are out on full view, she couldn’t keep her eyes off them.

   ‘I shall endure this for master’s sake.’ she says in a barely audible tone.

   ‘Thank you for your consideration. Now let’s go inside.’

   As Kuromi has promised, she’s washing my back with a piece of sponge while sitting on a small stool. She probably got those from her own room or something.

   ‘Does my scrubbing make you feel good , master?’ she asks me as she’s scrubbing my back.

   ‘Yeah, it’s very good. In fact, you’re so good I feel like falling asleep. Where did you learn this?’

   ‘My colleague Takai-san had shown me the correct way to do this. I am glad that her efforts were not wasted.’

   ‘Well, send my regards to her.’

   Kuromi scrubs my back for three more minutes before stopping.

   ‘As your back has been scrubbed enough, I shall take my leave. Please enjoy the hot bath I have prepared for you.’ she says as she gets up and bows.

   ‘I will.’ I assure her.

   After she left, I wash away the soap on my back with some water that come out from a shower nozzle. I then enter the bathtub filled with hot water.

   I let out a sigh of satisfaction as I enter it. The temperature of the water is just right, and my body feels even more relaxed. I made sure to not doze off and count to 100 before leaving the bathtub. Once I did, I wipe my body with a dry towel and use the towel to wrap it around my waist. Next, I brush my teeth.

   Kuromi is waiting outside patiently with a bottle of fruit milk. Perched on her other hand is another dry towel.

   ‘Please sit on your bed as you enjoy this so that I can dry your hair.’ she says as she hands me the bottle.

   ‘Got it.’

   She’s not only drying my hair. She’s even massaging it.

   ‘Takai-san again?’ I ask.

   ‘Yes. I made sure to study diligently under her so that I could serve you with every fiber of my immortal being.’

   ‘That’s going a bit too far, but thank you nonetheless.’

   ‘I am unworthy of your kind words, master.’

   Once she’s done, she got me my sleep wear and a pair of clean undergarment so that I could get changed.

   ‘Do you want to sleep next to me, Kuromi?’ I ask her once I was done changing.

   That got her flustered.

   ‘I, I must not! An unworthy individual such as myself does not deserve such luxury!’ she says while getting all panicked.

   ‘You’re still saying that? Even though you’re one of my precious girlfriend?’

   She lowers her head in embarrassment. Her whole face is red as well.

   ‘If you insist…’ she whispers.

   ‘Good. Now get changed.’

   ‘Yes, master.’

   Of course, her method of changing involves magic. In the blink of an eye, she’s wearing a black sleepwear with spaghetti straps.

   ‘You look very good in that, Kuromi.’ I compliment.

   Another blush.

   ‘Thank you, master. I found it rather appealing after seeing it in one of the magazines Assaf-sama lent me.’

   ‘Of course it’s her. I should have known. Well, whatever. Let’s go to sleep.’

   ‘Yes, master.’

9