[Chapter 7]
1.4k 6 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A high pitch scream blast inside my own ears, blocking any sound from entering and causing a stabbing pain at the brain matter near it. The baseball bat underneath the counter is calling to me as my eyes stare at it like a moth addicted to the light.

"What are you waiting for? No. 2, please!"

Something cracks inside of me, my hand moves to grab the baseball bat and swing it at the man head. The man didn't have time to react as the wooden bat hit the side of his head, I can feel the thickness of his skull as I bash his head with the bat. The force from the bat cause his body to fall on the floor, the man hands drag across the counter taking candy jar and small boxes of items for sale. The glass jar shatters as it hit the tiles, the candies inside of it and other small items decorate the floor around the man.

I raise the wooden bat up to the light, seeing a drop of blood on it when I hear the man groans of pain, I vault over the counter and knock over some other stuff on the store counter with my leg.

He coughs out blood as he tries to say, "What happens?"

The tip of the wooden bat touches the side of the man head, pushing his head against the tiles. My hand holding the bat trembles because of something inside my soul, something I didn't recognize, it feels like a storm is brewing inside myself. Are what I'm feeling right now are rage and hatred?

"Wha-what do you want?"

"Bash!" I said as flashes of what happened to Daisie play out in my mind.

My face froze in an uncaring and cold expression as I move my other free hand to grab the handle and with both hands grip around it, I lift it up to the air.

"Wait!" He tries to lift his hand to stop me.

Without mercy, I bash his head with the baseball bat; the first hit was enough to break his nose and make him scream out of pain. But the second hit, shut him up while causing him to cry. After the second hit, I didn't stop, I keep on bashing his face with every energy I had, blood splatter everywhere to the counter, to the candies beside him, to the bat that I'm holding, and some even make it onto my face.

After what happened, there was nothing left of his face except for amalgamation of white bone sticking out and red meat. I move the wooden bat away from his face, blood and fat caked the wooden bat, making it heavier than when I was holding it earlier. The blood covered the entirety of my hand as it drips down the bat and to the floor.

The man with a disfigured face tries to breathe what little he could, but I walk closer to his head and stomp his face with a foot, shattering his skull and killing him in one stomp.

Snap.

Snap.

The sound of fingers snapping brings me back to reality. I look around me and see the same man standing in front of me, looking annoyed. Are the things I did earlier was just a dream? Or hallucination? My sight downcast at the counter in front of me and see the fifty-dollar bill on it.

"What are you waiting for?"

"Ring me up."

My sight gravitates at the baseball bat while my heart is screaming at me to use it, but I need to think this through, I move my hand to grab the money. Then I press the correct amount of money into the cashier and open up fuel pump No. 2. After printing the receipt and giving it to the man, I watch him leave the store and head to his vehicle.

I stare at the man as he filled the SUV fuel tank then my ears could hear Mr. Roger getting out of the toilet, I walk out of the counter and walk past the gas station owner. My legs rush to the staff locker room, Mr. Roger looks at me with confusion as I jog past by him.

"See you tomorrow? lol?"

I grab what I can from the locker, and get out through the back door. My eyes proceed to my mountain bike leaning on the wall beside the door. The sound of the engine roaring, hasten me to push the bike to a ready position. Two red tail light drive away down the road, and when I see it, my feet push down the pedal and start following the black SUV from behind in a safe distance.

The scenery changes from thick forest to the bright city in the horizon with tall skyscrapers, and it changes again to rows of dull large warehouses, as I arrive in the industrial part of the city. Along the way, I almost lost sight of the SUV while I was following it, but thankfully my logical thinking helps me determine where he was going, and sooner or later, I manage to catch up to the vehicle. It took me about an hour of pedaling when the SUV finally stopped at a small warehouse with a large sliding door.

The wheels of my bike stop in a dark and damp alley between two large warehouses. The man gets out of his vehicle and walks toward the single door beside the large sliding door. A large man almost as big as a bear with a bald head and thick beard open the door after the other man knocks on it.

I lost sight of him when he enters the warehouse.

My grips tighten around the bicycle handle, there are two choices for you right now, either you walk away, or you go in there. Think, think, your mother is waiting for you at home, she has been taking care of you for so long, and sacrificed so much for you. You need to be there for her, and you can't do that if you're dead.

So, what now? Let them go? My grip tightens around the handle even more until I loosen them up. You can't walk away, can you? I get off my bike, and jog across the street and enter the alley beside the warehouse. Then I sneak around and stop when I notice a fire escape that leads to the warehouse roof. I need to know what I'm against before I enter the warehouse, I can use the fire escape to reach the skylight above, and get a clear look at how many men are inside the warehouse.

After putting some distances between me and the ladder, I push my foot behind me, and launch into a run then jump after getting close to the hanging ladder and grab it to bring it down. The ladder drops down, giving me access to the fire escape, I hope they didn't hear the loud metal banging noise I made earlier, I climb the fire escape up to the roof. Upon reaching the roof, I search for a skylight and peek through it.

Three.

No, four people are in the building, one woman, and two men. I can see the man with an upside-down dagger tattoo on his wrist talking to the large muscular man from earlier, and what it seems to be a young unconscious girl tied up to a chair. The young girl has long brunette hair, rosy pale skin, and wearing a private school uniform. Does she got kidnapped by these guys?

The other two people in the warehouse is a tan, muscular woman with black hair tied into a braid, and wearing a black jacket. The other one is the huge guy with bald head, a jolly beard and also tan, but darker skin.

I should feel pity for the girl, but I don't, it must be because of my condition.

It doesn't matter because I'm not here for her, I'm here for these three.

The people I'm after, outnumber me three to one, and they may have firearms on them. I don't know how to fight, and the big guy with a bald head and a beard can overpower me in term of strength. There is a fuse box next to the stairway that leads to the upstairs office, and there are also a bunch of wooden crates around the warehouse that I can use as a cover.

I could take out the power by destroying the fuse box, but with what? My eyes wander around me and see a red 1980 rusted ford sedan parked beside the sidewalk. If I can hotwire the car, I can use it to ram into the fuse box, taking out the power, and shutting off the light, but that also leave me in a disadvantage, if they couldn't see, I couldn't see.

A double edge sword, a chance I'm willing to take, but I need a weapon before I launch an attack, my eyes wander again to the old sedan from where I squat. After climbing down the roof, I make my way to the old car and peek inside it to find a weapon that I can use. My sight scans the area around me and couldn't see anyone in my vicinity.

My search ends without a result, but that doesn't deter me as I head to a garbage bin, and find a broken chunk of porcelain that is the size of a small rock. In my years of watching YouTube videos, I could recall that a small lump of porcelain can shatter a car window.

Let's give it a test, I sling the piece of porcelain at the car window, and it shatters. All that random video I watch on YouTube finally become useful to me, never could I guess to use it in this type of situation. I take off my work shirt and wrap my hand with it then I pull out the remaining broken glass out of the window. I open the door then let myself in, my hand pulls down the visor and found no keys.

Without the car keys, my only choices it to hotwire the car, but before I do that, my hand reach for a lever beside my seat which opens the trunk. I left the driver seat then make my way to the back of the car where I open the car trunk and discover a tire iron. That's all I can find in the car trunk except for a half-empty jerrycan filled with petrol. My hand grabs the tire iron and slide it down between my belt.

After getting back into the driver seat, I break open the plastic cover underneath the steering wheel and reveal a bunch of wires underneath it. A lot of wire, but I found what I need, two brown wires and two red wires. I cut all four wires and connect the brown wires first which cause the indicator light to turn on. My fingers were jolted by the flowing current when I try to join the two red wires, but it manages to start the car.

If I could feel annoyance, I would let out a groan right about now as I realize that the car is a stick shift, it has a manual transmission that means I have to use the clutch and gear stick to drive the car. Praise to God, that I remember how to drive a manual from driver's education.

The car body jerk at first as I adjust myself to the clutch pedal and the gas pedal, then I turn the vehicle around and face the other way while the back of the car is aiming at the warehouse. My eyes look up at the rear-view mirror and make sure that the angle is perfect, so I don't hit the young girl with the rear bumper. Now, I need to hit the fuse box to cut off the light.

My hand moves the gearshift to reverse and slam the gas pedal with my foot while lifting the clutch pedal slowly. I could see the trail of white smoke in front of me as the car drive backward and smash through the warehouse sliding gate. In the rear-view mirror, I could see the large man with a bald head and thick beard got hit by the corner of the rear bumper, and get thrown at the same wall with the fuse box, but a bit further away.

I raise my hands to cover my face when I feel the force of the car crashing into the wall is pushing my body forward into the steering wheel, so strong that it left a small cut on my bottom lip.

"Seat belt..." I whisper to myself as I crawl out through the passenger door.

The lights were off, and darkness overwhelms the entire warehouse then I could hear the two others of my target panic while calling out to each other and asking what happen. The big guy must be out after getting hit earlier because I couldn't hear his voices, then two more left. Using the limited light around me, I sneak toward the wooden crates and hide behind it.

"Malaka!" The man curses.

"What the hell just happened, Owen? Where is Orrin?"

"Like I know!"

"Is it the cops?!"

"No, I didn't hear any sirens, but just in case take out your handgun, Arete."

I pull out the tire iron between my belt and bring it closer to my chest, my chest heave for an unknown reason as I wait for one of them to come closer to my position. Both of my eyes are closed while I calm my heavy breathing and focus on my senses.

18