Book 1: Chapter 1: Lord: The Significant Encounter
1.3k 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Zoom*

Alright… I’m in a forest at this point… let’s look at the map and see where I’m at… I’m a bit far from the castle but certainly still deep inside the forest, now that I think about it shouldn’t this forest have some sort of name to it? Considering how infamous it is for being impossibly massive, well maybe the humans have a name for it so I shouldn’t think about it much… alright I might as well move along, I don’t want to fly around and attract any unnecessary attention so I think I’ll just walk around, it might take a while but hey, maybe something interesting will happen along the way, anything could happen in this kind of setting after all.

*Growl*

And the first event is a bunch of wolves, seems like they don’t understand their place, well it’s fine, not like they have much brain to work with.

*Slash*

Just a simple slash cause great enough shockwave to make them run, isn’t that something, well I don’t really care for EXP at this point, if I want any I could just go fight a few more dragons, no need to waste time with them.

I continue to walk in this massive forest where everything look the freaking same and I have no idea how long this’ll take, perhaps I have to walk until night time, maybe that’s when I’ll get out of here…

Nothing for it.

*Jump*

I’ll just jump really high to see everything within the vicinity, actually I could fly around here considering the lack of humans now that I think about it.

*Flap*

Flapping my wings and making sure I stay floating, I look around and there doesn’t seems to be anything interesting going on… maybe if I fly around a little I’ll see something noteworthy…

Maybe if I lower the altitude a little…

Ah. I saw a wolf doing something by it’s lonesome, what is it do-

…Oh, it’s eating someone, can’t have that now can I?

*Drop* *Slice*

I slice it in half, how is this person? Oh, a girl, why is she here?

[Apprasial]

 

Name: Reese Gretaliza

Gender: Female

Age: 16

Race: Human

 

Level: 12

Class: Novice Swordsman

HP: 9/103

MP: 32/32

Strength: 34

Magical Prowess: 21

Dexterity: 23

Agility: 24

Luck: 25

Vitality: 19

Magical Resistance: 20

 

Special Trait: [Incompetence (Cursed)] [EXP Boost (Locked)] [Growth Boost (Locked)]

 

Weapon Proficiency

Sword: E+

 

Elemental Proficiency

Light: E

Life: E

Mind: E

 

Crap she’s almost at her deathbed need to do something quick!

*[Heal]*

... Did that do it?

[Apprasial]

 

HP: 103/103

 

Yep, she’s fine though still unconscious, what to do with her… I should carry her back to a human settlement or something, from her name she seems to be a noble of some kind, though that makes the fact that she’s here all the more strange, I mean who would throw a noble into a forest to fend for herself? Also what’s with this curse? Seems like people really hate her for some reasons… but I can’t see why, maybe it’s more of a proxy thing more than anything else, anyway if she’s here then the one doing this will likely try to do it again if she’s discovered alive, so maybe bring her back isn’t the best idea? I mean she’s basically meant to die if she’s abandoned here… maybe I could try something out? Maybe? I mean… what could I do?

...

Ah! There’s this thing I want to try but have basically no one to do it on, and by that I mean I kill the only human captured, but then again I didn’t have the skills back then… right, [Demonic Corruption] and [Demonic Modification], it sounds like a really antagonistic power, and it certainly is. I have appraise the two skill before without really asking anyone, [Demonic Corruption] is the ability to forcibly turn someone into a demon as long as you’re significantly stronger than them and the victim is very vulnerable, like being unconscious at the moment after almost died, and [Demonic Modification]... is actually pretty crazy, it not only allow the demon you’re targeting to be modified in term of looks, but also powers as well, the modification is a bit limited, basing on things like knowledge and your current power, kind of creating a new race if something like that doesn’t exist beforehand, I think I want to try it out on her… I mean it might be best for her at this point, I don’t see why not. Also I should dispel the curse too, what rank is it?

[Apprasial]

 

[Incompetence (Cursed)]: Rank A curse. Need rank A mana manipulation, rank A life, and rank B mind to dispel. Reduce the EXP and proficiency gained by half. Reduce memory storage. Reduce learning capabilities. Reduce growth by half.

 

Good lord the penalties is absurdly bad, I’m amazed she live this long. Well I can dispel this, so might as well.

*Grab*

I grab her neck and began concentrating… [Dispel]... 

“H-Huh?” Crap, she’s waking up from that, well, I just have to forcibly make her fall unconscious again. For some reason her reminds me someone… but that can wait.

“Everything is going to be fine” I said in a calm tone, and then.

*[Sleep]*

I use a spell on her, if she wakes up again I’ll just do the same thing again. Anyway… [Demonic Corruption]... I can feel the darkness encroaching on her and began changing her form, she unconsciously let out her voice in pain, usually the corruption change the person in question into a random kind of demon… let’s see first what she becomes… I can see horns, a spade shaped tail… no, a heart shape? Whatever, seems like she became a succubus, I think it’s fine to leave her as is, but I think I should modify her further… [Demonic Modification]... Let’s see… maybe something more attractive?... I mean why not? Pink hair and eyes then, that sounds nice, also make her wings, which I think a succubus have, to be pink as well, I mean why not… I think she could do without horns or tail, so let’s remove those… I think I should give her some race traits as well, to make her different from other succubus… maybe [Regeneration] and [Mana Regeneration]? Oh, maybe give her boost in space proficiency as well, also maybe [Longevity], I mean why not? Also giving her something related to consuming human… so there’s some similarities between us… well, there are some flesh eaters about, I could give that trait to her as well… but that won’t be enough, I should make it so that she gains something from it as well, I don’t know if that’ll work or not, but considering I have a trait relating on targeting humans specifically it might work out… she’s also pretty short, maybe gave her a couple centimeters? Also she needs way fairer skin than this, hers is all rough and dirty, she also don’t need any extra pink tint to her skin, she’s plenty pink already… her body at this point is covered in darkness and dark purple miasma, perhaps it won’t go away until I finalize the design… I know, since she’s pink, her race should also be pink color related… pink… rose… rozu… sakura? Something along those line?...

…Zurora? Yeah let’s go with that… the darkness and miasma disperses to show…

*Gulp*

Something beautiful… to put it bluntly… let’s check her stats first before anything else.

[Appraisal]

 

Name: Reese Gretaliza

Gender: Female

Age: 16

Race: Zurora

 

Level: 12

Class: Novice Swordsman

HP: 1,122/1,122

MP: 133/133

Strength: 98

Magical Prowess: 100

Dexterity: 81

Agility: 89

Luck: 80

Vitality: 94

Magical Resistance: 95

 

Race Trait: [Human Consumption] [Longevity] [Regeneration] [Mana Regeneration] [Wings Manifestation] [Lust Eater] [Lust Magic] [Dream Walker]

Special Trait: [EXP Boost] [Growth Boost]

 

Proficiency

Sword: E+

 

Elemental Proficiency

Light: E

Life: E 

Mind: E 

Space: D

 

Huh… seems like dispelling that curse and corrupting her change her stats in a pretty big way, well it’s all fine with me… she could use a new name to go with hey new looks though, no one would recognize her anyway… since she’s pink and all I might as well go with a rose theme… Rosia? Something along those line, and while she doesn’t need it maybe she could go with a last name if she finds it strange without one… but what last name? I think there’s something in my head about those… Sana… Sanad… Sana… Zana… Yeah let’s go with Zana why the heck not. Though how am I supposed to tell her that? Not to mention having to secure a place for her and all that. Now that I think about it I could go with a last name as well, maybe I should think about one for my family when I go back, anyway I should have her go somewhere safe. Let’s look at the map… okay I have to go that way...

*Lift*

Lifting her isn’t a problem… but damn it my face is really hot right now for some reason… I need to calm down she can’t do anything dammit! Really need to chill and just move forward and don’t think anything strange, don’t think… anything strange!

Just walk and walk along, n-no need to get heat up about anything…

...

*Zoom*

...What the heck?

“Hey Maova I know this is kinda awkward but… Oh my~” What now!? Why is Kaa-san here all of a sudden!?

“Wait this isn't what it looks like!!!” I embarrassingly cried out, I’m not planning anything strange I swear!

“So you don't need my help to change her huh… quite different this time around… well whatever, seems like you get a girlfriend already, I’m proud of you, not sure about Ver-Chan though, she’s not what you’ll call your typical mom after all, I mean what kind of mother slice off her daughter’s left arm to show off how effective regeneration is am I right?” Please don't look at it that way, why are you even here!? And please don’t bring that up!

“It's not like thattttt!!!” I yelled out again.

“Yeah sure, as if that expression is convincing me, anyway where are you planning to do the deed? I’ll teleport you anywhere you want as long as it doesn't involve the other two worlds, those are troublesome to go to when teleport in a group” You're killing me here…

“No! I just wants to find some place for her to rest! Nothing more!” I protested.

“As if that's convincing anyone, so you want somewhere for her to rest is it? I can managed that myself, just give me a few moment” She said and the surrounding seems to move around, considering her power I’m sure she can managed this in a few-

“Done” Kaa-san dully said… suddenly a small house made out of wood appeared… damn she's absurd, at least that problem is solved.

“O-Oh, thanks” I said to her.

“No need, your girlfriend needs hospitality right? As her mother-in-law it's my duty to help, or maybe father-in-law? I’m not really sure which part of the family I fit in more to be honest” Please stop saying it like that you're embarrassing me more and more.

“Please stop saying things like that… what are you doing here anyway?” I asked.

“Oh right! I came here to give you a magic tool for appraising someone, you know, not everyone knows about the system so having a magic tool that demonstrates it will be quite nice if you ever want a party member or two” She said and pull a tablet of some kind from her [Item Box].

“Here, take it” She said handing the tablet to me… I think I won't be needing it, like there's any human willing to join me anyway if they figure out who I am or perhaps abandon me because of that, I think I’ll pass… I’ll just give it to her instead. 

“I’ll pass on that, I’ll give to her instead” I said looking at the still unconscious girl in my arms, damn changing her was more dangerous than I thought…

“Well that's fine with me, also I think you should bring her into the house already, or are you planning to hold her forever?” Kaa-san said to me teasingly, I really have to move her to a place to rest that's not in my arms.

“Alright” I said and walk into the house Kaa-san pulled from nowhere and find a bed… seriously how did she managed all of this? Anyway I put her down on the bed and walk into the living room with a table and a few chairs, with Kaa-san sitting on one of them.

“So… do you have anything you wants for your girlfriend besides the magic tool?” Stop calling her that dammit!

“Please stop calling her that… I think I need a few paper to write a bunch of explanations for her when she wakes up” I said.

“Is that so? Going your separate ways already? That's quick, anyway I can certainly do that for you” Kaa-san said and a bunch of papers appeared along with a pen.

“Oh, I should also give her some gifts as well, like an auto-repair sword, a water bottles, some potions, yeah those kind of stuff… Oh! Also clothes as well! I make sure to make them self-repair and self-cleanse and auto-fit and all that, just like yours, and armors as well, and a cape! And of course the undergarments” Each time she said something she made them pop out, how many things does she have inside her [Item Box] anyway? The clothes she take out is a pink coat with gold outline not dissimilar to mine aside from mine being sleeveless and hers being a bit shorter in length, her shirt is a simple black and her pants is like pale brown, also her shoes is standard brown. Her armor set is white in color and her cape is pink, how come she have all of this? Like it’s quite a big coincidence that she have all of this, with color scheme matching her new look, it’s quite… something I guess you could say…

“Anyway anything else?” Kaa-san asked.

“No, nothing” I replied…

“Well, I’ll leave this mess to you then, good luck” Kaa-san said standing up and teleport away.

…Alright, time to write stuff down… Also I think to help her out a little more I should put her in her new clothes myself… This is going to be my most nerve wracking moment yet… Must not try anything… funny...

34