Book 1: Chapter 28: Lord: Calm Thoughts
559 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Right now we’re simply waiting in my living room sitting at a table next to each other, I think there’s some more furniture in here, either that or I didn’t notice it last time I was here. There’s a fridge, a sink, and actually like an extra space for the new stuff. Like it’s meant for more than one… oh damn her, she did this on purpose didn’t she.

“What are you thinking about now?” Rosia asked.

“How this place changed so quickly since the last time I was here, I think Kaa-san give it some extra touch since she expected to you to live here” I explained.

“Kaa-san, is that the woman in grey?” She asked.

“Yep, well her name is actually Yeig, she’s rather eccentric and speak in riddles a lot… which is a habit I pick up and sometime used. She’s one of my parents, a sage, and a powerful one and that” I answered. Perhaps not the best trait I inherit from her, but it only annoy people at most right?

“How powerful exactly?” She asked feeling somewhat curious about Kaa-san’s strength.

“I mean if you could’ve just use [Appraisal] then maybe you’ll know. But in practice her power should be enough to eradicate almost everything on Earth in one go” I answered, then Rosia took a while to ponder on what I said.

“Huh… that’s definitely rather dreadful… guess it’s a good thing she doesn’t actually use it to do so” Rosia said.

“Yep, I have no idea why she simply settle down and have a family, but it’s better than doing that” I responded.

“...Say, what am I supposed to do here? I mean you did something here as well right?” She asked.

“Nah, nothing like that, my mothers usually manage everything here, so we don’t have to take any responsibility yet” I replied. 

“Is that so… speaking of that who is your other mother?” Rosia asked.

“She’s the one who is a vampire. I’ll introduce her after she get here” I replied.

“I see… wait, so that woman in grey isn’t a demon?” Rosia noted then asked further.

“Nope, just a human, and still much stronger than us all combined” She’s the third strongest one I know so far, I mean she was the first before I adventure out, really though she could’ve warn me.

“How surprising” She said.

“Well even if humans are generally unspectacular, that doesn’t mean they can’t become stronger than us” I responded.

“So what does that mean for us?” She asked.

“If you mean how stronger we could get if we’re supposed to be superior to her, I would say it would take us less effort to reach her level, it would still be a long time, but nowhere near as long as hers” I explained.

“And how long are we talking about her?” She asked.

“About a few millennia give or take” I replied.

“A few millennia? How can a human live that long?” Rosia asked.

“Those extremely proficient in magic and use all sort of spells to de-age themselves, or give themselves eternal youth, with someone of her level it would be easy to imagine she did something along those line” I explained.

“I see” She said.

“...Anything else you want to ask?” I said.

“Not really, I mean I have more to ask, but I think I’ll wait for later” She replied.

“Very well” I said.

“There is one thing though” She said suddenly.

“What?” I asked.

“Do you think we could deal with those two?” Rosia said.

“Those two?” I repeated not really sure what she meant.

“My sister and her friend, no doubt they’ll be somewhat difficult to deal with, even if she’s a good kid” She explained.

“I mean I pointed my blade at the friend’s neck, gotta be hard to excuse that” I said somewhat jokingly.

“And what about what comes after? If we managed to convince them to stay, what could be done for them?” She asked.

“I mean… I know a group of kids around, maybe they’ll like getting acquainted with them” I replied.

“And where they’ll live and such?” She followed on her question.

“Kaa-san can prepare that in less than a day, no need to worry, heck for all I know that room they’re in is in fact the room she prepared, she could’ve prepare all of this in advance for all we know” I replied with a smile of reassurance.

“Isn’t that reassuring” She said somewhat half-assured.

“If nothing else I’ll try to provide something if she can’t” I said.

“It’s good to hear that from you, but you don’t have to go that far for my sake, you already take her back for me” She replied. I mean she’s not wrong on that, she’s technically in my debt and so I have no need to do anything else for her, but…

“I’m just being caring for someone I love okay?” I said in return.

“I appreciate the sentiment, but you shouldn’t over do yourself if that’s fine with you” She replied.

“As if someone like me could over do anything, but I’ll keep that in mind” I said.

“Glad to hear” She replied.

“So… what do you think we should do after we’re done with the introduction?” I asked.

“We could go for another round if you can’t think of anything” She nonchalantly replied.

“Well, I doubt we can do that all day long, this is still only in the midday after all, we have a lot of time left” I said feeling a bit awkward… 

“That’s true… I guess I’ll check up on my sister’s condition, if I can ask for your mother’s permission to help look into it” She said.

“That’s fine with me” I replied.

Still waiting for them, guess it’s a bit much to expect them to come so quickly. I should think about something else to kill time… there’s the matter of the capital being somewhat in ruin after the whole dragon business, from the looks of it majority of her power is use to maintain it, and when she’s eventually released the place crumbled down due to the lack of it, seems the place mainly run on the mana taken from her, and perhaps that’s why monsters appeared down there as well, place full of mana attract monsters and they usually use such a place as a breeding ground… yet that place is open for people to go in without any security, sure the place on the lowest floor have the path to the dragon hidden, but the sheer fact that they let people get anywhere near the foundation of the capital is ridiculous, it’s like they didn’t even realize how important that place was… maybe that’s the case considering how long the dragon is supposed to be in the place… well it’s not a big deal in a grand scheme of things, but still a topic to ponder over, anyhow it’s quite amusing thinking about it like that, they turn their most precious location into something easily accessible, and they suffer because of it.

Now onto another topic to think about… what would those people do now that their glorious city or whatever is in shambles, in an extreme case perhaps they’ll try some crazy stuff like back during the first Demon Lord incarnation, hopefully it’ll never come to that. I think maybe after some time I’ll go check up on that, but right now I’ll stay here along with everyone else, it’s unlikely they’ll pull something like that within such a short time after losing a major power source.

“What do you think people from the capital is going to do after that?” Rosia suddenly said as if to break the silence.

“Hm? You mean after the earthquake and loss of power?” I asked for clarification.

“Yeah, from the looks of it it’s likely they’ll pull out some desperate plays” She replied clarifying what she’s talking about, guess we were thinking about similar things during that brief silence huh.

“Yeah true, but I don’t really know what they’ll do aside from the obvious like searching the capital and questioning people” I answered.

“What if they summon an otherworlder to here? From what I read it’s one of the possibility of these well-known and powerful figure showing up at the right time” She purposed.

“Otherworlder huh… guess that’s not out of the question” I replied with a slight bitter tone. It’s possible that someone from my world might ended up here because of my action… isn’t that something, still I will not hesitate in cutting them down if I must, my life here and then are too different for it to matter, and part of me isn’t even from that world, so the connection is even more thin.

“Say speaking of otherworlder, considering that the Hero have that title, isn’t it likely that she’s from a different world?” Rosia ask for my opinion.

“Well yeah, most likely” I replied. Herself before everything that was done to her was probably either a reincarnator or a summoned person, just to give the end product a finer quality.

“And you, you are in a similar boat aren’t you?” She said sounding rather confident in her conjecture, well it’s not like she’s wrong, even if there is difference in circumstances.

“More or less, I’ll clarify it along with Kaa-san since she knows about the whole things more than me” I replied.

“Rather surprising that you admit it do readily, but it’s a pleasant surprise” She said with a small smile on her.

*Open*

“Ah, there they are” I said as I turn to look after a sound of door opening can be heard. Mom and Kaa-san open the door and walk inside and then close the door, then walk to us and sit down on the opposite side of the table. Mom look as cold as ever with that expression, with contrast with Kaa-san’s usually smiley face.

“So this is your special person” Mom said while eyeing Rosia.

“Mom, Kaa-san, let me properly introduce her. Her name is Rosia Zana, my one true love” I introduce her trying to not stutter and make anyone lose confidence in me.

“Greetings mothers of Maova, I’m Rosia” Rosia followed up nicely, though it’s pretty clear for me she’s slightly nervous as well.

“How lovely you are, I shall properly introduce myself as well. I’m Yeig, sage extraordinaire, call me Kaa-san” Kaa-san then introduce in kind with much enthusiasm.

“And I’m Vermilla, Maova’s birth mother and a swordswoman, as well as a vampire. I hope we can get along, you can call me mom, mother, or whatever as well” Mom then introduce herself in her usual tone.

“Yes… I hope we can get along as a family as well. Kaa-san, Mo…ther” Rosia followed up once again pretty well after their introduction, not including the word swap at the end.

“What do you say Ver? She’s a good kid isn’t she?” Kaa-san said to Mom.

“She have presented herself quite well, I think Maova have a good hand on her shoulder, if you want to call me mother then do so” Mom responded in her aloof tone that still make it quite difficult to discern her actual tone at first hearing, so hopefully Rosia didn’t take it at face value.

“So yeah, congratulations, you’re part of our family now Rosia, and I’ll make sure you get everything taken care off, well unless there’s something you need to do yourself of course” Kaa-san said with a smile. Rosia look a bit concerned if still appreciating Kaa-san’s hospitality.

“Perhaps you aren’t fine with being taken care of, and that’s fine, you can help me out sometimes if you want, some extra arms in rounding out the troops would be nice” Mom said responding to her rather obvious expression.

“Ah, I’ll take you up on that” Rosia replied.

“No need to be hard on yourself okay?” I said concerning about her.

“You don’t have to take up on my offer right away” Mom added.

“I’ll consider that” She said. How many time has she responded that way I wonder. Well she’ll come around soon hopefully.

“Let’s throw a party in the throne room for this momentous occasion! I’ll provide everything necessary!” Kaa-san said with a grin.

*Zoom*

Then teleports away. Leaving just us three. That was certainly abrupt.

“Hopefully you can tolerate her behavior” Mom said to Rosia as if apologizing to her, while also paying close attention to her specifically, she have been doing that this entire time.

“It’s fine, this one over here pull a few shenanigans as well” Rosia replied while patting my shoulder, guess she meant me. Mom look slightly amused.

“Well if you can tolerate a thousands of her then you’ll be fine” Mom said jokingly, probably one of the few times she actually did that.

“Really though I want my sister to get up and well before this celebration” Rosia said somewhat melancholically and bitterly, she did say something about this before didn’t she.

“Right, should’ve said that before she scurry away” I followed up.

*Open*

“Ah, I kinda forget about that didn’t I. Sorry for being inconsiderate. Welp, party’s off for the time being, we’ll continue later” Kaa-san suddenly barge in saying so in a really depressing tone very different than her usual tone.

“Whew, things almost get really bad there” I commented feeling relieved.

“Indeed, hey… Yeig, can I go check my sister right now?” Rosia asked.

“You can call me Kaa-san you know? But yes I’ll bring her to you, no worries” Kaa-san said as she walk up to Rosia quickly turning her facade back on and-

*Zoom*

Teleport both of them somewhere else. Isn’t that something. Guess it’s just me and Mom here… I didn’t even get to say anything.

“Won’t you go check up on her as well?” Mom asked.

“I guess I should, not like we’ll accomplish anything by sitting here” I replied while standing up. She have me now after all, I can’t just choose to not be at her side. I’m the one who loves her and she does so in return, that’s all the reason I need to stay by her side. 

*Zoom*

22