Book 1: Chapter 30: Lord: New Life
582 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It seems they’re starting to wake up, Rosia and Kaa-san must’ve noticed this as well, Mom doesn’t seem to care that much though.

“A-Ah… what?” The girl that I put to sleep wake up first, considering the lack of physical trauma and me not particularly using a strong spell on her it’s pretty obvious she’ll wake up first.

“Where am I…  Revia!” She said then noticed her friend next to her and hold her tight, she’s responding but no doubt unconsciously, she’s still not fully awake yet.

“Please be okay! Huh? Why are you people here!?” She finally take notice of us and panicked, I mean it’s pretty obvious she’ll panic.

“What? We’re the one talking you here, your friend was in trouble and you were sleeping so we take you to a nice cozy bed” I said feigning innocence.

“B-But you…” She tried to retort but no doubt too scared to say anything.

“Now now, no need be afraid” Kaa-san said with a smile. The girl turn to look at her and unable to comprehend the new face.

“Just stay calm, we won’t do anything” Rosia followed up sounding rather dull.

“Yeah, like we’re going to kill anyone” I said with a friendly tone. No doubt the difference in treatment compared to the last time make her more confused than ever.

“We save you and have you both here, can’t you be even a little grateful?” Rosia asked.

“I’m… but you” She said while pointing at me, still confused no doubt.

“What? I’m just trying to be assertive, need to ask you something” I said trying to sound as innocent as possible, sounding nonchalant and guilt-free.

“No need to be so scared, we’re trying to help you is all” Kaa-san said.

“Ugh… Yuuna… where are we?” Suddenly Rosia’s sister open her eyes and asked her friend a question.

“Revia! You’re alright! I’m so glad you are alright!” Her friend said.

“Huh? You are…” Rosia’s sister look around and noticed Rosia immediately, Rosia look visibly nervous and stressed, no doubt wondering how her sister will treat her new appearance, if she will remember her. She stays silent waiting for a response.

“Sis? Is that you?” Her sister replied. At that one moment a tear can be seen rolling down Rosia’s face. Her face usually stoic in expression now show clear emotion of relief and happiness.

“Yes, your sister is back. I’m back” She replied with sincerity in her voice.

“Huh? Sister? This person is your sister? But I thought your sis-” 

“Sis!” Rosia’s sister jump out of her friend’s embrace and embrace Rosia in turn. Certainly surprised but very pleased, Rosia return her embrace.

“I-I thought you were… Wahhhh!!!” The sister said while crying. I turn to see the completely perplexed friend of hers who have no idea what’s going on, it’s amusing to see but leaving someone in the dark is rather mean spirited isn’t it.

“Don’t cry like that” Rosia said trying to comfort her sister, overwhelmed by emotions of seeing someone close to her once again. Their bond must be quite deep all things considered, she wouldn’t recognize her otherwise.

“Say, how about you don’t interrupt these two?” I said to the friend of Rosia’s sister, maybe I should address her as Revia as well, she’s part of the family as well. Anyway the girl just silently nod and watch on.

“What happened to you? Where are we? How did you survive? Who are these people? I wanna know!” Revia bombarded Rosia with a lot of questions. Rosia is clearly a bit overwhelmed by her sister’s rapid questioning.

“Revia calm down, I’ll explain everything okay? Please calm down” Rosia said trying to calm the girl down. The girl finally stop crying after a while.

“Please sit down and listen okay? I’ll explain everything” Rosia said. And Revia go and sit at the bed. 

“Okay then Revia, please ask one question at a time” Rosia said.

“Sis… what happened to you? Why do you look like that?” She asked both curious and concerned. An obvious reaction to seeing someone you know well changed drastically.

“After I was disowned by that family I encountered someone who changed me, perhaps to fit their personal taste, but that change help me survive and reach you” Rosia explained. There’s a lot of detail excluded but that’s the essential. Also I felt like she’s throwing shades at me.

“Who is this someone?” Revia asked further.

“Her” Rosia said turning her head to her left to look at me. Revia also turn to look at me then back to Rosia.

“Um… are you feeling strange? Being changed like that” Revia asked.

“Everything is fine, I’m still perfectly… humanoid” Rosia replied. Won’t she pick up on the humanoid pa-

“Humanoid?” Revia repeated. Rosia have a pained look on her, no doubt having to reveal her new nature might make her sister reject her.

“I’m… no longer human, because of the change I went through” Rosia said. Revia and her friend take a while and consider what she meant by that. Suddenly the friend’s eyes are widen with realization.

“A-A demon!?” She let out starting to panic. Revia hearing that also immediately react with shock. Rosia look at the girls and give them a somewhat disheartening look.

*Flap*

“Wah!” The girl let out.

“Eeeek!” Revia let out. Both of them are surprised by the appearance of Rosia’s demonic wings.

“Yes… I am a demon now, that’s what I am, are you afraid of me? Are you unable to accept me as I am now? Those who opposed and prey on humans, I’m one of them now” Rosia asked bitterly. 

“...You’re still my sister right?” Revia asked rather nervously but trying to stay compose. At this point Rosia put her wings away and look at her sister eye-to-eye.

“Of course I am, as if something like that can change that fact” Rosia replied.

“Then… I’m fine with this… I’m alright, I’ll accept you!” Revia gather to courage to say that, and Rosia face lighten up.

“Thank you, Sis” Rosia said with a genuine smile.

“Yuuna, you’re fine with that right?” Revia said to her friend after a brief silence.

“If you’re fine with it then I’m fine with it, I’m your best friend after all?” She replied without hesitation.

“Thank you Yuuna. Sis do you remember her?” Revia asked.

“...I have seen her somewhere before but I can’t say I quite remember” Rosia replied.

“She’s my best friend” Revia said while gettting close to her friend.

“I can clearly see that” Rosia replied.

“Well Sis, anything else you want to ask?” Rosia said.

“Where are we right now? Who is she? And who is her? Who are all of these people?” Revia asked.

“Right, you would want to know about that. This here is Maova, the one who changed me, no doubt you’ll know what race she is” Rosia said. Getting close to me and tap me on the shoulder.

“She’s also a demon?” Revia replied.

“Exactly, but she’s also… no, Maova you explain that part” Rosia said before handing the explanation to me.

“Greetings to you two, no doubt… Yuuna know a little about me at this point, but to keep it short, I’m the Demon Lord, and a vampire” I said being totally tactless on the last part with a smile.

““Huh?”” Both of them let out a similar sound of confusion but also of terror.

“No need to be hung up on that, anyway the person on my right, this eccentric person is Yeig, she’s a human” Rosia then introduce Kaa-san.

“Hi there” Kaa-san said in response.

“And the one sitting there is Vermilla, a vampire, Maova’s mother” Rosia said pointing at Mom sitting down and looking bored.

“‘Sup” She replied half-heartedly.

“...They won’t hurt us right?” Revia asked no doubt concerned.

“They won’t” Rosia replied while holding her chest.

“But she-” 

“Hm?” Rosia glaring daggers at the friend trying to point at me.

“Eeeep!” She immediately back down after seeing that.

“Now then Sis, right now we’re in her castle, the Demon Lord’s castle you could say” Rosia explained further without addressing her threat just now.

“Yep, this place is my castle… kinda, I didn’t really do much here” I followed up.

“And you’re both safe and sound here, nothing to worry about” Rosia said. 

“Really? But why did you bring us here Sis?” Revia asked.

“Because you’re my sister, I want you back from them, it’s as simple as that” Rosia replied without missing a beat.

“Them? You mean mother and father?” Revia asked.

“Yes, I can’t trust them taking care of you, you won’t have a future with them, that’s why I bring you here” Rosia once again replied without hesitation or doubt. 

“Sis… then why did you bring Yuuna along?” Revia asked once more.

“She’s your best friend is she not? Otherwise she won’t find similarity between you and I, the way Maova make her confirm it was admittedly heavy-handed, but we don’t want to linger around for long. Either way she’s important to you so she have to come along” Rosia replied.

“Thanks Sis” Revia replied.

“No need for that” Rosia replied. 

“Well as for me I’m going along with Revia wherever she goes, even if you haven’t brought me along I’ll find her eventually, but thanks for being considerate, still please don’t do stuff like that” The friend said while pleading for me to not do the blade thing again.

“Hah, no I won’t. Maybe” I said with tint of amusement in my voice.

“Regardless of that, you truly are fine with this right?” Rosia asked.

“I’ll be fine!” Revia replied.

“And you?” I said to the friend.

“If Revia is here then I am fine!” She said full of conviction.

“Well onto the next step then, Maova, ready to do the deed?” Kaa-san asked while looking at Revia.

“Of course I am, I want to try it out again” I said with perhaps too much enthusiasm.

“You get a turned on by this or what?” Kaa-san snarked.

“Don’t word it like that please” I said.

“Huh? What do you two mean?” Revia asked.

“A simple matter really, I just think changing your body to be more befitting of this place would be better” I said.

“What… does that mean?” Revia asked grasping the idea somewhat but perhaps too scared to confirm.

“Be a demon just like your sister, how about it?” I said in a somewhat sinister tone, I can’t help it.

“I-I…” She seems undecided, seems becoming one is more concerning than living with one for her. She then look at Rosia for an answer.

“I’m fine with it, so you should be as well” Rosia said.

“Then… I’ll do it” Revia replied still not completely sure of herself.

“Good to hear, and you” Kaa-san said while looking at the friend.

“W-What is it?” She asked.

“I think you shouldn’t be left as a human if your friend won’t be, I think of a transformation for you, how about it?” Kaa-san said.

“Well… would you be fine with it Revia?” The friend asked.

“She won’t be anything scary or monsterous right?” Revia asked.

“Anything but that, I think something like that in our household would be the most terrible” Kaa-san replied.

“Then… I think I’m fine with it” Revia said.

“If she’s fine with it I’m fine with it” The friend said confidently.

“Very well, guess it’s time to work on that, you come here, and you’ll stay here” Kaa-san said as she beckon the friend to come over to her, which she does albeit somewhat wary.

*Zoom*

“Wha!? Where did those two…” Revia got surprised by the sudden disappearance. It’s understandable really.

“It’s nothing, they’ll come back soon” Rosia replied.

“Anyway, let’s get this over with” I said as I reach my hand and touch her left shoulder, I think this amount of contact is enough… [Demonic Corruption].

Her face turn pale as she saw the darkness creeping up on her body, the last and only time I did this Rosia was unconscious. No doubt this will feel uncomfortable for her. I know what I want her to be, and I’ll not fail in making her so. Her body changes, it’s not instant and she probably notice the changes as well, it’s probably not the most uncomfortable nor unsettling considering that she’ll still be humanoid, just not human. I can definitely feel Rosia staring at us hard right now, all the more reason to not mess this up.

Then the darkness clear, revealing a girl who doesn’t look much different from the one before the smoke clears. Her mundane brown hair now replaced with a light pink color, compared to Rosia’s maybe it’s a tad too bright, it looks pale in color compared to hers. That aside her eyes are emerald green and her skin tone is a tad whiter as well. Rosia and I gave her some space to inspect herself.

“How are you feeling?” I asked. Revia look at her body and inspect it, the change I made is not as drastic as with Rosia, so maybe she won’t have much trouble, not that I know how it goes with Rosia anyway.

“I’m… not really feeling any different” Revia said still inspecting her new body.

“I see, well it’s good that that’s the case, otherwise-”

*Zoom*

“Yo! I’m back with the girl. So you’re done on your side as well” Kaa-san said. The person who is next to her is a girl who seems to have some balancing issues as her red tail move around without her being seemingly able to control it, her sky blue eyes are observing Revia in her new form while her red fox ears are twitching slightly.

“Revia? That’s you right?” The girl asked.

“Yes Yuuna, it’s me” Revia replied… they stare at each other for quite a while.

“So are you both done?” Kaa-san asked completely shattering the silence atmosphere for the two to process the changes. They jumped slightly and look at her.

““Y-Yes”” Both of them said. The friend… well no need to address her like a stranger that this point, Yuuna clumsily walk to Revia and sit on the bed as well. On a different note Mom is still sitting there looking completely apathetic to this whole situation.

“Anyway, let’s all introduce ourselves one more time so we got all name memorize, capiche?” Kaa-san said. I kinda get what that last word was supposed to mean but really?

“““Capiche?””” Rosia, Revia, and Yuuna repeated, showing their lack of understanding, Mom also look rather exasperated in the background.

“Ah, it means ‘do you understand’” Kaa-san explained.

“Please don’t try to use any foreign word you might know Kaa-san, it’s confusing the people here” I said.

“Yeah I should keep that in mind shouldn’t I. Anyway let’s introduce ourselves, we’ll start with you two” Kaa-san replied dismissively and began the roll call, starting with Revia and Yuuna.

“Do you wanna go first?” Yuuna asked Revia.

“I… I will” Revia replied, then gather her breath.

“My name is Revia, I’m the sister of Re... Re… ummm” Huh? Does she forgot Rosia’s former name? That’s ridiculous isn’t it? That shouldn’t be possible.

“Huh? You don’t know?” I asked completely perplexed by the situation at hand.

“I… I honestly don’t quite remember, no one really said her name out loud, and I’m barely allowed to interact with Sis when she’s there” Oh jeez, what kind of screwed up situation are they raised in? Well at least we won’t have to worry about the whole new name thing.

“Just call her Rosia then, that’s what we call her” I said.

“Rosia… that’s a nice name Sis” Revia said. 

“Yeah… I guess” Rosia said while gazing in my direction.

“Anyway please continue” I said before things derailed anymore.

“Ah right, I’m Revia, sister of Rosia, please to meet you all” Revia said with a nervous smile.

“Then I’m next, name’s Yuuna, Revia’s best friend!” Yuuna said proudly. The others then look at me for some reason… oh.

“What? I’m up next?... ahem. I’m Maova, the Demon Lord and Rosia’s beloved one” I said, I think I nailed it?

“Beloved one?” Revia repeated finding that particular detail worth noting.

“Now now, let’s all talk about this later, Rosia you’re next” Kaa-san thankfully interrupted the derailment.

“My name is Rosia, Revia’s sister and the one close to the Demon Lord… Ah, I also got a new family name from her, Zana. Rosia Zana” Rosia said. I think I should elaborate on that.

“Yeah about that, weird thing is that I actually don’t have a last name myself, I just think maybe I should give her one to replace the one of her old family” I explained.

“Well I think it’s nice of you to give one for her, and now she’s officially part of the family how about we all adopt the same last name as well?” Kaa-san said cheerfully.

“I mean, that’s fine… but let’s worry about that later, your turn to introduce yourself Kaa-san” I replied. Actually didn’t I think about giving my family a last name at some point? It kinda resolved itself without me thinking much into it isn’t it.

“Right, even though I’m called Kaa-san by my daughter and my daughter-in-law which should include you as well Revia, my name is Yeig, a sage, the only human around, I do all sorts of shenanigans to make things more entertaining, of course no harm shall be done intentionally on my part” Kaa-san said, then eyeing on Mom who notice her gaze.

“My turn isn’t it. Vermilla, a vampire and a swordswoman” Mom said with little enthusiasm. She’s definitely not a type of person to open up.

“Well now that we’re done with the introduction-”

“Wait actually, there’s one more person isn’t there?” I cut in to Kaa-san’s statement.

“Who?... Oh you mean her? She’s not really that important but if you insist…” Kaa-san said.

*Zoom*

Then warped away.

*Zoom*

And back again with the librarian, Belphi if memory serves.

“Huh? This again? What now?” The librarian asked.

“Just want you to introduce yourself to the people here, since you’ll stay here and such. Just state your name and small tidbits of yourself” Kaa-san explained.

“Well if you insist… I’m Belphi, a librarian of the royal academy, sometimes a teacher there, and a former mythril ranked adventurer” She said with slight firmness in her voice. A former mythril ranked adventurer… I wouldn’t have expected that. She then look around and notice the changed girls.

“Hm? What happened to them?” She asked as she look at Yuuna’s fox ears and tail.

“Just some changes to them that you don’t have to worry about. Anyhow with the introduction done it’s time to party!” Kaa-san said excitedly. 

*Zoom*

And teleport away again.

“What was that all about?” The librarian asked.

“We’re just introducing ourselves, she wants to hold a big party with new faces here” I explained.

“I see, guess I’ll be invited as well?” She asked.

“If only because she only almost forget about you, yes” I bluntly replied.

“Isn’t that something…” She replied.

*Zoom* 

“Alright everyone! The preparation are complete” Kaa-san said.

*Zoom*

And teleport us somewhere else… this is the throne room but it’s full of… lights? Like a rave party or something along those line, even a giant speaker putting out music, it’s in Japanese because of course it is.

“Where did those noise comes from?” Revia asked as she look around, then noticing the giant speaker.

“That thing can play all kind of noise, you don’t have to worry about it” I explained. She don’t reply to that but also don’t ask anything further.

Due to it being the music I listened to while writing of this part. [Fall In the Dark] by [ShibayanRecords] played during this party

There are air conditioners everywhere as well, and many stands full of food definitely not from this kind of setting, like sushi, pizza, ice cream, and even soft drink, also I think that’s a chocolate fountain over there. she really go all out with these stuff didn’t she, managing to use up most of the space here with so much food. Also there are a bunch of golems managing these stuff. Where did she even get those? This is basically all you can eat buffet and honestly it’s a bit overwhelming.

“Aside from Maova probably no one have any idea how this works, basically you get your plate, saucer, eating utensils, glass, and go around picking up anything you want to eat, you can also command the golems to assist you if you’re having trouble, and after that find a table to sit at, and eat to your heart’s content!” Kaa-san said as she walk around and demonstrate how it all works.

“Ah also, don’t eat pizza with knife and fork okay? Same with the burgers” She said as she go around picking up food. All of us just watch her for a while.

“While this atmosphere isn’t bad, I would like a more flowery scenery” The librarian suddenly said.

“Say Maova, since you have an inkling of how this works, mind showing me around?” Rosia asked.

“Sure, just follow my steps” I said as I walk to grab a plate, a knife, a fork, and a pair of chopsticks. Then pick up a roasted chicken, a few slice of pizza that have pineapples on them, some salmon sushi, a fish steak, few pieces of karaage… I think I pick a bit much there, thankfully [Item Box] is a thing so I can just store it for now, I think a bowl of miso soup would be nice as well, and a bowl of salad perhaps… 

“Hey Rosia are you following… Nevermind” I turn to look at how Rosia is doing and she’s following the example pretty well, picking up a bunch of breads, sashimi, and a glass of water. I still haven’t choose a drink now have I, I think I’ll go with… actually maybe I should ask her first.

“Hey Mom, how tolerant are you toward alcohol?” I asked. Then realize something.

“Hm? I can drink a lot, why?” She said while holding a massive mug of beer.

“Just thinking if I can try as well is all” I replied.

“Go ahead, I’m not stopping you” She said as she continued chugging down. Guess I’ll go get a glass of that, and some other beverages as well.

 

#####

 

Rosia, Revia, Yuuna and I sit down at a table together. Kaa-san and Mom sit together. The librarian is alone.

“This is wild” Yuuna commented.

“Yeah, I have never seen anything like this, or these cuisine either” Revia followed up. She have some trouble with the sushi due to not knowing how to use the chopsticks right now, compared to Rosia she’s not a quick learner is she.

“Do it slowly” I said with a smile. 

“Is it fine to bring a cuisine from a different world here?” Rosia asked.

“I mean there’s nothing wrong with that, things like fried chicken as such shouldn’t have been discovered for maybe a few millennia” I explained.

“Why is that?” Rosia asked.

“People from different world also ended up here one way or another, they tends to come from a time more advanced than now where magic isn’t relied upon, they also share their knowledge” I explained.

“That make sense” Rosia noted.

“What’s with all of this other world talk?” Yuuna asked.

“Nothing important, anyhow are you two enjoying this?” I asked.

“Yeah, these stuff are great and the music is nice, though I honestly have no idea what the lyric means” Yuuna responded as she pick up another pizza. 

“Say, what would we do after this?” Rosia asked.

“I mean we’ll probably stay here and chat for a while, I think Kaa-san is going to introduce your room properly and thing will sort itself after this, just do it slowly” I replied, then take another shot of sake.

“By the way, what do you think of doing after some time have passed?” Rosia asked.

“I dunno. I’ll just do it slowly” I replied. Taking another shot.

“...I feel like there’s a joke I’m missing here” Rosia commented.

“Do it slowly” I said. Taking another shot.

“You’re not drunk are you?” Rosia asked.

“Nope” I replied. Taking another shot.

“Then what’s with you repeating ‘do it slowly’?” Rosia asked.

“Just a running gag related to this song somewhat is all” I explained. Then take another shot.

“How exactly?” She asked.

“You wouldn’t get it” I replied.

“With your way of explaining things of course I wouldn’t” She snarked.

“Anyhow I think I’ll chug down this whole bottle of sake” I said. Then did so.

“You’re alright there?” Rosia asked.

“Yep, apparently vampires can tolerate alcohol really well” I said, I mean my face feel a bit red right now but that’s all.

“Glad to hear that I guess” Rosia said.

“Just relax and take it easy” I said. I look around and see Mom and Kaa-san having a small chat, the librarian simply sit there eating and not much else. This is a real nice party Kaa-san set up, even if it really didn’t involved many people.

 

#####

 

I stand at the balcony to look at the night sky, I wouldn’t say that the light show during the party was bad, but I think this kind of scenery should be appreciated as well.

“So this is where you were” Kaa-san said as she walk up to me.

“What is it Kaa-san?” I asked.

“Was wondering how you’re faring is all… Say, I hope those stuff don’t make you too homesick of that old world, even if you probably don’t remember much of your personal life” Kaa-san said.

“Heh, I didn’t even pay attention to that, no need to be so worried Kaa-san” I said as I began walking back to the party.

“So, you wouldn’t want to go back to then right?” Kaa-san asked. I stopped and stood there in silence for a while.

“I can’t return to those days… that I have forgotten” I said as I continue to walk on. For a different day.

And with that Book 1 reach its end. I’ll have the Book 2 start releasing at the end of the month so I have some time getting a bigger head start. Hope you’re all enjoying this so far for those who managed to stick all the way to here.

18