Book 3: Chapter 74: Rose: Morning Seeing
205 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Yawn*

I yawned as I woke up, early as usual. Today I have a few things to do, mainly having those kids come here and having to keep an eye out for this Reiza character. At this point and time I’ll just get some morning stretches and wait in the living room, this is still very early so we don’t have to do anything yet at this time, and by that estimate I don’t need to wake Maova up right now, always more of a heavy sleeper than me.

Now then, what to do… We need to go get those kids that much is already established, but for now perhaps I could just sit in the living room, maybe enjoying an early breakfast while at it, time always seems to move slowly as the new day unravels.

 

#####

 

*Yawn*

I heard a yawn from the bedroom. I looked in that direction and saw Maova walking over without her coat on, leaving her with the rather large sleeves shirt and pants. She sits down on the other side of the table as her eyes still look a bit tired.

“Wakes up early as always” She noted as she simply stares at me. I stare back as I think of how to respond.

“It sure doesn’t give me much to work with, so when should we go get those girls?” I replied as I asked a question quite important to today.

“It should be very early since those rascal girls get up very early, I wouldn’t be surprised if they already start their journey, without considering what Tana’s mom might have to say” Maova said as she rubbed her eyes and stood up, manifesting her coat and looking ready to go to that demi-human neighborhood.

“Alright then, let’s get this over with quickly” I said as I stood up as well and grabbed her shoulder.

*Zoom*

We are now in the demi-human neighborhood, with me waiting to follow her as she reminds herself for where we need to go. She walked to the same house as yesterday and-

*Knock* *Knock*

Knocked on the door as she waits for a response, which she gets, but instead of a wolf woman it’s a wolf man instead.

“Ah! I’m glad you’re here early, the kids were getting restless already!” He said cheerfully as he walked in, beckoning us to do the same. Maova and I don’t exchange any words as both of us went in without anything a word.

The house is small and modest, and what should be the living room has a few kids and the woman from yesterday inside. Seems they haven’t gone anywhere and caused us any trouble.

“Miss Maova!” The wolf girl cheerfully called out to Maova as she jumped up and waved her hand.

“Hey there Tana. Good to see you all still here…” Maova said as she waved back, all the while looking around and seeing that the bunny girl from yesterday isn’t here. Seems she’s not even going to bother coming, probably a bit paranoid of what we may do, if it was any other circumstances it would’ve been true, but ironically this is when we really have no ill will of any kind.

“So we get to see the two again?” The fox girl asked as she tilted her head.

“Seems like it” The bull girl added.

“We get to go see them again right?” Tana the wolf girl asked just to be certain.

“But of course! I’m sure you two and the other girls’ parents don’t mind right?” Maova said as she keeps a friendly expression.

“We don’t mind, in fact we’re all pretty relieved that they won’t be going out on some crazy adventures for a change” The wolf man said jokingly.

“As long as they come back in the afternoon then we don’t mind” The wolf woman added.

“I see… Let’s go then you three, follow us outside!” Maova said as she walked out with me following her silently. The girls follow us behind.

“See you later ma and pa!” Tana said as she waved her parents goodbye. I have never seen such a dorky family interaction before, honestly a bit off-putting, but what do I know.

All of us five walked outside and a bit away from the neighborhood to not catch any attention. The girls are chatting amongst themselves a bit but nothing particularly interesting and more importantly not too loud.

“Alright girls. Close your eyes… All of you hold my hands” Maova said as she opened her hand up, with me silently touching her back. The girls do so a bit clumsily as they go over one another, thankfully nothing they could possibly mess up badly. They closed their eyes after doing as they’re told, waiting for what Maova might do next.

*Zoom*

Maova predictably teleported all of us to somewhere else, specifically the living room of my sister and Revia. The two aren’t here so they should be in their bedroom.

“Guess they’re still sleeping… Sorry girls but looks like you have to wait for a while before you all can hang out…” Maova said as she looked around the room. She walked over to the shelves and checked what was inside, grinning slightly as she looked at the content.

“Figures something like this would be here” She said as she grabbed a few items and walked back to the middle of the room with the tables and seats. Seems to be a few boxes of items I don’t recognize.

“What’s that?” The wolf girl asked as she picked up the box and began reading the words on it, probably some sort of game if Maova’s expression is any indication.

“It’s a party game. Don’t know much about it myself but I’d imagine Kaa-san knows a bit about it” She said as she kept reading.

“Right… Guess they’re for these kids” I commented. Not a big fan of these things myself but I guess it’s in case we have nothing better to do. Those kids meanwhile just walk around and take a look at all this room has to offer, it is much bigger and more clean than the home we just visited, probably very new to them, even if they have been here once before.

“You don’t need to stick around for this you know?” Maova noted, no doubt seeing how disinterested I am.

“I don’t dislike it so there’s no need for me to do that” I replied, not wanting any misinformation. Maova has a small chuckle as she sees the other girls trying to read what is on the box as well.

“Go check on those two while I keep these three girls entertained okay?” Maova said as she is eyeing the girls. Guess that’s my role since I’m not a good entertainer.

“Alright then” I said as I walked over to the door to their room, try eavesdropping on what they are doing, all the while ignoring whatever Maova is doing with the kids. Hmm… It seems they are still sleeping, hopefully it won’t go on for too long, we have other things to deal with.

Maova is over there explaining the rules of the game as she opens the box and shows a bunch of cards on it, full of cartoonish arts on it.

Perhaps I should knock on the door once just to be sure, maybe they aren’t aware that we’re here just yet.

*Knock* *Knock*

Let’s see if they’ll react, I’m pressing my head against the door and trying to listen here… I think I hear some moments but not a whole lot, they aren’t really rushing anything as of now, at least they’re doing something.

Maova is still talking to the girls and explaining how the game works, hopefully she doesn’t have to repeat it again when the two girls get out of their room. This turns out a bit less ideal than I thought, would’ve imagined us talking to them about these girls coming will make them wake up a little sooner than normal.

I leaned next to the door as I heard the doorknob turning. It seems they’re finally done and ready to greet their friends, and then Maova and I can go on and do whatever.

The door opened with me just standing to the side silently as the two girls looked out and saw Maova with the three girls. They all began greeting each other as I simply waited here in the corner.

“Seems they didn’t notice you did they?” Maova commented as she walked over to me as the girls were hanging out.

“None of my business, if my sister is enjoying something then no need to interrupt it” I replied as I walked to and grabbed her shoulder.

“Get going already?” Maova said a bit teasingly, knowing full well the meaning of my gesture.

“No need to hang around, let’s just go” I said as I turned my head to look at her, who is a bit taller than me.

“Hear hear” She replied with a sigh.

*Zoom*

And so we are teleported back into my room. I could’ve done that myself, but we might as well come together.

“Need me for anything before going off to meet that woman?” Maova asked, sounding her consideration.

“Tell me more about her first of all” I said. She has been hanging out with that woman for quite some time and so far doesn’t give me much to work with. She seems to be quite powerful yet rather neutral in this conflict.

“Well her schedule I supposed. If you can even call it that. She’ll be around the academy in the morning usually, disappearing soon after during sunrise, and then you should be able to see her in the barracks to the east. About near the end of the afternoon she should have completely vanished and your observation over” Maova detailed this woman’s behavior. A bit more detailed than what that king gave me.

“So near sunset is when my job is over” I muttered.

“Yeah that sounds right… What else have I not told you… I think the most important part is to not agitate her in any way, it seems like she would retaliate if even one of the otherworlders is harmed so there’s that. Oh also, it seems she’s caughting on that I’m more than just your companion, and so don’t try showing anything remotely inhumane around her… Well honestly it feels like she’s already caughting on anyway so eh… maybe it’s a wasted effort” Maova explained while sounding a bit defeated. This woman is much more dangerous and perceptive than any of us would’ve liked that much I’ve gathered. Deception probably wouldn’t work on her.

“So trying to deceive her in any way wouldn’t even matter. What can we even do in that case then?” I asked. If she’s already aware of our side then what’s stopping her from doing something behind our back? Even her neutrality shouldn’t make her so complacent.

“Just trying to stay friendly I guess. I mean from her perspective we are still a massive problem for her to deal with. I don’t think she’ll try to jeopardize our situation if it’ll inconvenience us and make us attack her” Maova noted. So basically a sort of stalemate.

“I see. Guess I’ll keep a safe distance” I replied. Not much I can do with her without messing everything up.

“Best choice you have to be honest. I mean you could talk with her a bit if you want, just try to not be too personal” Maova suggested as she walked over to the door.

“I’ll keep that in mind” I said as I already concluded that she’ll go out and do her own thing as well.

“Good to hear. See you later Rosia” Maova said with a smile on her face as she opened the door and walked out. So it’s just me… Now I just realized that I didn’t convey the mission well to the Princess at all, and she might come here when I’m out, so hopefully I find her somewhere so I can tell her when I’m available, as all this time I’be mainly been on standby. Let’s go out and look for her now just to be efficient. 

Walking out of the room-making sure it’s locked of course-and walking around the corridor of this castle to look for her. Perhaps one or two cycles around the place will be good enough if I really can’t find her.

Walking about the corridor in circles, going downstairs and walking around as well, getting a bit of a morning stroll or whatever. The place right now feels rather quiet, with only servants around to make sure everything is nice and tidy, preparing anything people here might need. No doubt my presence so early in the morning is a bit worrisome, if dared not to speak up about it even in the slightest. If the Princess isn’t around here either then she’s probably holed in her own room or… Will she even be there so early in the morning? I guess I have to find out for myself.

The garden is in the middle of the castle, the scenery quite nice and serene, and a great place to hang out. She usually came here so her presence is quite likely, at least more than with other people during this time anyway, it’s still early she could’ve been getting up from bed right now.

…Yeah she’s not here. What did I expect honestly… Hm? Who is that over there? I think I recognize her from somewhere… That well-kept grey hair, a maid… Ah I think I remember her, if she’s who I think she is then seeing the Princess isn’t necessary.

“Hello there… You are Zeline’s personal maid are you not?” I greeted the maid, seeing her walking over and probably to do some maintenance on her royal highness’ gazebo. She flinched at my greeting and looked overwhelmed by my presence. I’m certain I think of this before, but I’ll make sure she’s mine as well, as a bonus of sort. If the Princess can be swayed then getting her wouldn’t be that hard I’d imagine.

“Y-Yes I am! I’m sorry for freaking out like that Miss… I’m sorry, how shall I address you?” She freaked out a bit as she seemed unsure of how to address me. Hmm… I guess just Rosia is fine.

“Rosia is fine” I said dismissively. Perhaps it would’ve been mistress later, but for now just whatever.

“Very well Miss Rosia… What business do you have with my humble self?” She still attached a honorific anyway, whatever.

“I want you to convey a message to the Princess, if that’s within your capability” I answered. 

“Of course! What do you want to say to the Princess, Miss Rosia?” The maid confirmed. 

“Say that I’ll be busy until late afternoon. I don’t want her to wander around looking for me when I’m busy, it would be bad for both of us” I conveyed. The maid nodded in response.

“Message received Miss Rosia” She said while giving me a reassuring smile. What a cutie, having her as extra will be great.

“That’s all I have to say, continue on your way” I said as I walked away with this done and over with. If there’s any problem in regards to this message then it won’t be on me. Now time to go to the academy and see how our person of interest is doing…

The academy is to the west of here, it’s a bit of a long walk but perfectly manageable. While I’m there I might as well get a good look at any girls I want as well, surely there will be some youthful beauty in the mix… Perhaps I should console Maova about this, if I can take any home as we began the warning, whenever that even happened.

Hmm… Just some guards at the gate. Pretty sure they’ll be fine with me just going about, hopefully they get the memo as to who I am.

“Halt!... Uhh…” One of the guards announced, with his strong posture and word immediately turning weak.

“May I pass?” I asked politely if sarcastically. Seems he’s having a hard time recognizing me, probably just a short description as to what I look like.

“Y-Yes…” He said weakly as he walked out of the way, with another guard just looking rather embarrassed at his partner’s fumbling.

Pass the gate, into the academy, and in the corridor… Wherever could this woman be? Perhaps I should ask the people here where she usually is… This office should provide me some information.

I opened the door to see a rather messy yet youthful man looking through the documents. He seems a bit startled as I come in, and even more startled as he realized who I am, at least that seems to be the case.

“Y-You are…” He stuttered on his words as he looked at me. I would’ve imagined that old man to be here, but I guess he’s gone or whatever.

“Who I am is of no concern. I’m simply here to ask something of you, if that’s alright” I said to him, ignoring the rather embarrassing reaction he has.

“T-That can be arranged… What do you want to know?” He replied as he tried to regain his composure. I walk closer and think of what to say.

“Where in this academy are the otherworlders?” I asked. He sighed briefly before bringing out something, and it seemed to be the map of this place.

“These are their rooms. These two are for the girls, another two for the boys…” He said as he pointed at the specific rooms.

“And this one here?” I asked, seeing a room he pointed to but didn’t address just yet.

“It’s where… The peculiar one is at” He said, looking a bit troubled. Seems he doesn’t have the best time dealing with her, and I myself don't know much about her at the moment. Even if it probably won’t work all that well I need to be on my guard when talking to her.

“I see. Thank you for your information” I said plainly as I walked away, after memorizing what he said and where to go.

This should be the corridor where they are at.

*Creak*

I turned to see a door opening slowly, and saw someone coming out…

“What is your business here I wonder?”

3