Chapter 4
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In 5 weeks will begins the training, each year everyone between 15 and 21 years must participate in the training to learn how to control their powers. The first 3 years of training are entirely theoretical and last only 3 months per year, but the last 3 are years of practice and usually last 10 months per year. 

     It is illegal to use your powers to work without completing fully the  practical training or in public spaces without the supervision of a person who has obtained a validation pass at the end of training. 

     Everyone at the age of 18 must therefore participate in the practical training that is done in specialized camp, no one has the right to use his powers in public spaces until they have finished at least the first year of practice training, even if they are under the supervision of a person with a pass. 

     This year it was Lily and Tony's turn to start their first year of practical training, they will leave for 10 months to one of the specialized camps of the region.  Lily being a Class A healer and Tony a Class B magician, they were both considered prodigies and were recruited by one of the best camps in the state 'Zion' during their first year of practical training.

Being defective, Iris still had to participate in the theoretical training, but this year she was removed from the program for practical training being considered unfit for it.

Lily, Tony and iris finally made their way to the bus, after their supervisor had confirmed that their authorizations were signed. Iris sat by the window and Lily took the seat next to her, telling Tony to take the one behind her.

5 minutes later, the supervisor and his assistant joined them on the bus, they made sure that the class was in complete and then reported the departure to the driver.  

     After an hour and a half on the road, the bus arrived at the museum of rock where was exposed 'Lucy', it was the name of the stone of origin exhibited in Sindara. It was the third stone of origin discovered in the world. The bus crossed the first control barrier before arriving at a huge open parking, half full of several other buses and groups of people of all ages. Their bus parked and the supervisor got up to give some instructions. 

"In a few minutes we will distribute you cards with a description of the stone 'Lucy' its origin and also the restrictions and rules to follow inside the museum, which you will have to read fully before entering the museum. Are we clear ?"

"Yes, sir" answered the students.

"Okay, everyone let's go"

Iris got off the bus and took the card distributed by the security service before heading to the entrance of the museum with her class. 'Strange' she thought, since getting off the bus, she felt like she had been covered by something she couldn't really describe. It was not uncomfortable but also not particularly pleasant.

"Do you feel that, Lily ?" asked Iris.

"What?"

"I don't know, like something around you."

"No, are you okay if you don't feel well I can tell the supervisor."

"No it's fine, it's probably fatigue"

"You're sure"

"Yes it's nothing, let's go"

It was finally her class's turn to enter the museum after 30 minutes waiting. From the outside, the museum looked like a normal modern building, similar to every other building in Sindara or rather to every other skyscraper, but the interior seemed to come straight out of a futuristic movie of the last millennium with its walls entirely white, the overpowering presence of glass, and the monotonous grey uniform of all the employees accentuating even more the sci-fi universe of the end of the 20th century movies that this place was giving.

0