Chapter 5
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ok everyone, make groups of 3 or 5 people to visit the part of museum that you are interested in, and in 30 minutes, everyone will meet in showroom number 7 to see the stone of origin before finishing the visit, and remember to take notes you will have an assignment about what you've learn on today's visit." Said the Supervisor.

Lily, Tony and Iris forming a group, decided not to add other people and began their visit. 

25 minutes later their group and the others meet in front of the showroom number 7. For Iris this visit was really strange, during the entirety of it, she felt like floating on a cloud but after arriving at the showroom of Lucy the feeling had completely disappeared. In front of her stood a humongous door that could certainly not be open by people like her. They were the only group present 'surely the exit is on the other side' she thought. Iris inspected the door in front of her, contrary to what one might have thought, this one was made of wood, the details and decor seem to have been hand-carved. A tree whose trunk partially covered with ronses was beautiful sculpted in wood and stood majestically in front of them. 

After several minutes waiting, the door finally opened in front of iris, the tree slowly separates in two and revealed a huge room containing a central pillar cut in the center by a glass wall of about 30 centimeters, exposing the stone of origine contained in it.   

     Several students a little too existed started to inspect the room and all its cornes, others went straight to Lucy, each trying to recall all the legends they might have heard about the stones. Iris, on the other hand, could not move, the feeling she had when she got off the bus all came up tenfold 'what's that feeling, am I dying' she thought. 

"Iris hurry up, come on, we've started."

Lily, who was near the stone with the others, returned to iris, took her arm and then draged her with her to the group.

"It's your turn to touch the stone, Tony and I have already tried but nothing has happened"

Iris, who could still not figure out what was going on around her, managed to follow Lily, despite the fact that her body felt detached from the rest of her. 

"You know that some people have managed to increase their powers after touching the stone, maybe yours just need a boost," said Lily with a smile before taking her hand and laying it on the stone.

     Iris, who until then was still in transe felt like she was slowly regaining control of her body.

"Iris, do you feel anything? Something special ?"

After a few seconds, iris answered "no, except the fact that it's cold"

For a moment the marbled red stone, covered with golden luminous veins, appeared to shine more intensely before returning to its normal colour. The moment was so brief that Iris wondered if she had not dreamed it. 

"Sorry I thought that..." said Lily with a disheartened look. 

"It's nothing Lil, I understand"

A few minutes later the supervisor announced the end of the visit and directed the students to the exit. 

Back home, Iris went to the kitchen, opened the fridge to pick up a sandwich and some leftover pasta from the day before. Katherine had a meeting with the teachers tonight and won't be home until 10 p.m. Iris finished her dinner and then headed to her room to take a shower and sleep. An hour later she heard her door open, her mother enters.

"How was the trip?"

"Ok"

"It's that all ?... nothing special?"

"No, nothing special, even though I felt a little weird for a moment, it quickly passed"

"You're sure" 

"Affirmative"

"Okay, good night, darling."

"Good night, mom"

0