Chapter 6 : Anck
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

September 22, 2312. 2:34 a.m.

Anck.

A drop of perspiration crossed his face from his forehead to his neck, intense heat passed through his body like an electric current. The frantic movements of his torso seem to be subsiding, but Anck knew it was only starting. Unbearable pain lacerated his body, as if thousands of micro cuts were made in his flesh. Struck by the intense pain that was progressively covering him Anck opened his eyes, tried to extend his arm but the pain was too strong, panic took hold of him, the anguish filled him, a strange feeling of suffocation covered him and consecutively aroused a torrent of heat and a freezing cold feeling in his bowels. 

    He tried to get up but the pain kept increasing, with great difficulty he managed to reach his bedside table by extending his trembling hand and grabbed several pills that he immediately threw in his mouth and swallowed. His mouth was so dry that the Pills kept sticking to his throat and it took him many tries to swallow all of them. The pain that had then covered his body dissipated, a few minutes pass before he could sit on his bed. His gaze turned to his alarm, 2h45 'this is the third time this week' he thought as he stood up. 

     

Anck walked out of his room to the kitchen, grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and sat on the counter. A voice coming from the hallway was heard. 

"Anck is it you?"

"Mom....., yes it's me, I just needed a drink"

"It's 3:00 am honey ! Did you have another seizure ? "

"This one was short, but maybe I should go to the doctor"

"Your seizures are becoming more frequent, are you sure you're okay? I can spend the night with you if you want ?"

"I'm not five mom" said Anck in an exasperated tone. 

"But you'll always be my little baby," said Celine with a smile.

Anck sighted before adding with a slight smile on the corner of his lips. 

"The worst part is that I think it's normal" 

Celine slowly caressed the side of his face, her eyes as always betrayed her, fear and doubt was written in her eyes like black ink on white sheets.

"I'll make an appointment in the morning, you should go to bed, are you sure you don't want me to sleep with you?"

"I'm 120% sure, good night mom"

"Good night honey"

Anck got off the counter, throws his empty bottle in the trash can and headed to his room. At that moment, the pain that had disappeared suddenly reappeared 'hah' he cried, the intense pain tormenting him could be perceived in his tone. Several cries of sorrow following the previous one, frantically escaped his mouth. His body appeared to have been set on fire, ignited by an unbearable heat. Anck collapsed, his eyelids got heavier. Then silence, not a single sound, all his senses seemed to have been disconnected, time seemed frozen, he tried to reopen his eyes but in vain, his consciousness was slowly enveloped by the unconscious.

0