Chapter 9 : Brian And Alice
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

May 2310

Brian And Alice 

Brian's gaze was fixed on Alice, her amber eyes accentuated by the sun's rays, so similar to those of their father, painted for the first time in four years the portrait of an expression he had long seen escape from their lives. 

A small smile appeared on her face, a real smile, like the one she had when their parents were alive. The last four years have been hard for the both of them  but their nightmare was finally coming to an end, the end of the tunnel was finally visible. 

After several years of research, their social worker had managed to reach their uncle, the only family they had left. He had been deployed to Lu'um for 5 years and had just returned when he received the news of his sister and her husband's death, they had an accident, had not survived and  he was designated to be their children's guardian. 

     The first time Alice and Brain met their uncle was in the social worker's office. Their mother had told them about him, their uncle was a hero she said. As children, she told them several heroic stories about him, their childhood was full of stories of his prowess 'your uncle jack is super strong, he fights the bad guys on the other side of the world, he saves lives every day' she often told them, but Brian, couldn't help but wonder where was he when his family needed him the most. Their uncle was a Class B healer, he could have saved their mother if he had been there. 

He knew she could have survived if only there had been a healer in their town, he had heard Mary their social worker say it to her colleague at the hospital, he recalls.

 

[ "Looks like the father was trying to protect them by using his powers to create a protective barrier but it didn't hold long, he was just bottom tier" says the social worker. 

"What about his wife ?"

"The mother could have survived if a healer had taken care of her case, but this kind of small town does not have such a person"

"What about the kids? They're twins, aren't they?"

"Yes, Brain and Alice only had a few scratches, I think that their parents tried to absorb the majority of the impact to protect them"

"I read in their file that they are both defective, it's very rare"

"yeah, they both inherited their mother's condition"

"For now, the most important thing is to find them a foster family until we can reach their uncle"

"I'm going back to work maybe this time I'll get someone"

"Ok, see you later. ]

     Five years had passed before the social worker was able to reach their uncle, in the first year after their parents' death, they went from foster care family to foster care family, when their second year had just started, Marie the assistant in charge of their case had informed them of their uncle's disappearance and that it had been decided to transfer them to an orphanage because they had not found a trace of their father's family in Jorden. 

     Alice and Brian stayed in an orphanage for 4 years, who would have wanted to adopt two defective pre-teens. Just a few weeks before their 16th birthday, a new social worker showed up at their orphanage announcing that they had found their uncle and that he was coming in a few days. 

     Today was finally the day their uncle came to remove them from the orphanage and take them to their new home. Even though Brian stil had some apprehension about their new situation, he knew well that they had no other choice.

0