10. Peacebringer
894 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Dragon though unmistakably shrunk, was still as big as the Helicarrier. It slowly descended, and while everyone was waiting for its descent to the ground, it became stationary at a level just above the Helicarrier.

~THUUMP~

With a quick flash, something from the Dragon jumped and landed with a loud thumping sound. As expected, when the dust settled, they can see it's the Chinese-Looking Guy and behind him, Tony was floating.

It only took them a second to find out what was wrong with the picture.

First, Tony was floating, like, literally. Both his boot and hand's thrusters were in a dormant state. It was as if he is flying with magic.

Second, Is this guy even Chinese? The only thing pointing towards his Chinese ancestry was his clothes; it's like he ran out of a medieval Chinese play.

Third, His face can be said to be so common that it looked like every second guy you could remember. He looked nothing like the guy who's capable of riding a dragon. Rugged face, even a little dirty, neither too old nor too young. The only redeeming quality would be those obsidian black eyes, deep enough to suck your soul without even letting you know.

Fourth, How the FUCK did he survive in space wearing those Flimsy-ass clothes? When the FUCK did 'space' decide, it was high time that it regulates its pressure and oxygen content for human survival?

"Well, definitely not the welcome I was expecting," said Li Qiye, giving a glance over to what looked like an army of amateurs, a one-eyed baldy, a joker in a blue dress, a big angry green kid, a woman-eye candy, some guy, a sly snake, and lastly Goldilocks(?).

"It's good to know, because we had no intention of welcoming you, anyway. I repeat. It would be in your best interest to return from whence you came. We don't welcome illegal aliens," said the one-eyed baldy, obviously unaware of the consequences.

The moment the last word of the sentence left Nick's mouth, it was as if the whole earth plunged into darkness, every being on earth regardless of their species felt oppression so high that it brought them to their knees. The only thing illuminating this devilish darkness was the red orbs that were that Dragon's eyes. Everyone at that moment had the same thought: Death, is that you?

"It's alright, Lil' Autumn. Come here. It's only natural to protect your home," said Li Qiye, while casually waving his hands.

That casual wave of the hand felt like a life pardon from death itself, that wasn't all the once huge Dragon quickly turned into a mere Earthworm and slowly floated to Li Qiye's shoulder. It looked kinda cute.

"Loki, is he also one of yours? Another one after the Tesseract?" said Goldilocks, gritting his teeth towards the sly snake.

"If I had access to someone like him, I would have taken over Asgard, not mere earth," said the sullen-looking snake.

"Then we have to act first without giving him time to let his worm friend grow once again," Commanded the Blue Joker, unaware regardless of how softly they plan, Li Qiye can hear it all.

"We also have to be mindful of the fact that stark is in his control," reminded the Eye candy, Mm..definitely maid material.

"Open Fire. The weapons you hold are capable enough to take down Class-5 intruders," orders the one-eyed baldy, this time with all the power he could muster in his voice, something like a war-cry.

~SWIISH~ ~SWIISH~

Amidst the dumbfounded eyes of everyone, Li Qiye casually dodges the torrent of plasma bullets, and if one or two even came close to him, he swats them away.

"Woah. Woah. You guys calm down I have no bad intentions," said Li Qiye, while sending part of the army flying, with a casual wave of the hand.

"Yeah. Why don't you say that after releasing stark and handing yourself over for peace talks?" said the Blue Joker, while running towards him and simultaneously throwing his Shield towards Li Qiye.

It was Li Qiye's turn to be bewildered. Did this guy not see how he casually swatted those plasma bullets? Did he think throwing a piece of metal towards him will be effective? It was almost as dumb as all those Young Masters.

Li Qiye indifferently caught the incoming shield and without even looking threw it again to his left. The shield flawlessly blocked an incoming arrow's path, and went right through its middle, slicing it lengthwise. The shield not losing even a bit of its impetus hit some panicked guy with a bow and sent him to dreamland.

By now, the Blue Joker came quite close to him, with a left hook in tow. Li Qiye caught the offending joker by the neck and threw him towards the big green guy, who was about to swing his big fist towards his head.

Cap crashed into Hulk so hard that both of them were sent flying. Yes. It was Cap who smashed into the Hulk, not the Hulk smashing into Cap, the strength behind the throw was so strong that it even sent hulk shuttling along with Cap.

"Launch the Peacebringer," said the one-eyed baldy, clearly anxious.

"B-But Sir, it's a Class-8 weapon. It would also cause substantial damage to the Helicarrier. The conseq-"

"Let me worry about that. Did you not Fucking see him sending The Hulk flying? Even hulk himself can't do that," shouted Fury, "Thor, if you are an ally, then I want you to bring out your A-game and coordinate it with our Peacebringer."

"What's Peacebringer?"

"You know what's left after absolute destruction?"

"N-No."

"Let me tell you: It's lasting peace."

Thor and everyone else was utterly horrified by what Fury said, but it took them only one look at the battlefield, where Li Qiye had made quick work of more than half of their forces, to steel their resolves.

"Alright. It looks like you are about to bring your best. Let me give you a handicap. I will only use my physical body to take that attack. No cultivation, no physiques, no fate palaces, just a head-on confrontation," smiled Li Qiye, wanting to see them bring out their best.

"Well, we hope that you stand by your words," said Fury, even though he wasn't completely sure about physiques and fate palaces, but he knew that it could be nothing good.

The sky darkened as thor harnessed the power of lightning. Helicarrier stabilized itself and pointed a cannon about one-tenth of its size towards LiQiye.

~BOOOOM~

With the loud sound of Lightning crackling along with the sonic boom caused by the Peacebringer, a massive strike made its way towards Li Qiye.

~KABOOOOOOOM~

The strike landed and caused an explosion so big that nearby buildings were destroyed by the sound waves alone. Strangely, the attack only concentrated on Li Qiye's position, a vertex of flames encircled by lightning formed around Li Qiye.

While everyone anticipated with bated breaths, the vortex finally dissipated after what seemed like a lifetime.

The dust settled...

------------------------------------------------

I just found out that Ibrahim and Valyndral became moneybag Patreon's. Thank you guys for your patronage and I hope you liked the chapters. Looking forward to your future support.

BTW Happy Ramadan to you Ibrahim.

8