Prolog
393 7 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...I opened my eyes. I see darkness, darkness and nothing else. I look around and still see nothing but darkness. I'm not going to say I'm starting to panic a little, but it's no wonder in the end the last thing I remember is that I took the train home after a hard day's work, all the rest is cut off. I try to remember but I can't, and what's worse, my head starts to ache. I try to grab my head, but something unexpected has come up. A white cloud.

Ohh, so it's not dark. It's just the background of where I am black.

Not that it's not important now! What is it? It's trying to touch it and it moved. Not bad. I couldn't move my hand like something was holding me. It reacted anyway, as if it was trying to replace my ...

No!! Impossible! It can't be my hand.

I look at my body and see the same white cloud in the shape of a human body of the trunk, legs, hips, everything. Ha ha ahhh. I look like a ghost. A ghost? Wait, don't tell me I'm dead. No, that's ridiculous. So totally impossible. After all, I just took the train, I had to fall asleep, and it's just an unsavory dream. In the end, it all seems unrealistic anyway. I'll pinch myself or wait and wake up at the stop. Yes!

I know I'll pinch myself! So, according to the previous thought, I try to move my hand again and again I feel like it is immobilized, and yet it moves with great difficulty. Maybe it's just reacting to thoughts, not muscle movement. All in all, it makes sense, after all, it's a cloudy hand, not one of flesh and bone. Anyway, I touch my face but barely feel anything. I try to pinch myself but I can't because my fingers look more like pieces of wool and it moves like that. I focus, I try to move them. They're jerking! I'm concentrating even more, okay, the cloud that they make up is getting thicker and more like human fingers, and finally I can move them normally. So I'm knocking it concentrated, it's pushing my cheek. I didn't feel anything, so I tried to use more force by concentrating on my hands and pulled. A piece of cloud broke off.

Aaaaahhhhhh..... I made a deaf scream out of myself because I couldn't speak in that form. I don't know how long I was in this state, but it seemed like forever. The pain had enveloped my whole body, a pain I had never felt before in my whole life. I broke a few bones in the past, but this couldn't even be compared. To tell you the truth, the best comparison that came to mind was the pain of the soul. The worst thing about it is that I think it just happened, I ripped out a piece of my own soul.

Ha ha ha ha haaa... Well, at least I confirmed it's not a dream. The piece that I pulled out fortunately stuck back to me. After that, there's no point in making any excuses. I don't know if I'm dead or in a coma, so for the time being, I guess I'll just try to remember what happened on the train. After all, I don't know how much I'm gonna be here or if I'm gonna get out of here at all, so it looks like I have a lot of time.

... ... ...

So it's time for a report. After many attempts to focus on the whole and accompanying headache, I was able to remember something.

As I was on the train every day, I looked out the window. The day was like any other, I got up, ate breakfast, went to work, where I was exhausted to the brink of death, well at least the weather was good. It wasn't so bad because my mother finally got out of the hospital a year ago, and I just finished paying off the loan and could quit this nasty job. So what if they paid well, I would have died of exhaustion if it went on, I even found a new offer for a better job. When everything was about to get better, something decided to shoot me in the face. Yeah something, the train didn't have an accident or any other earthly incident. The last thing I could remember was that some kind of crack appeared in the air with no angle surrounded by unknown symbols and exploded on the other side of the compartment and that's it. I don't think I died right away but it doesn't matter anyway.

I'm here now. I wonder where I am? It's probably a purgatory where I have to reflect on my life waiting for the court, or a reincarnation process where my soul will be cleansed of memories or something like that. The only option is to wait until something happens. If I have nothing to do anyway, let's play with my cloud... Wait a minute! When my body or better said soul... (I don't like the soul so the body stays), has it become five times bigger and foggy? Am I blurring or what? Focus! Try to thicken it! Let it go back to its previous state! Focus. Focus! FOCUS! FOCUS!

How's that, better? Let's see if it worked. I look, and somehow I'm even smaller than I was at the beginning and I remind the consistencies of the highly concentrated milk-colored smoke. Okay, it worked, but what now? I know! Think if there's anything missing from your memories. If I was blurry, I might have forgotten something. It's time to split up the tasks while keeping in shape and focusing on your memories. It's a difficult task but I don't have to hurry, slowly and safely, step by step.

... ... ...

It took ages, but I guess most of the things I've sorted out and I haven't blurred a bit, I've shrunk even more and I'm even denser. But going to the point, I lost some memories, less important but still memories. Things like what kind of watch model I had or what was my childhood dog's name. These two types of memories are not important, but the other type is especially painful. Well for now I will continue what I have been doing so far and wait until what happens. If something happens...

Brryy... I shook my head to get that thought out of my head. You have to think positive. So positive. You'll be fine. I'm gonna add to my job now to try and manipulate my body to focus on something. It'll help you get your head in and out of the way of boredom, after all, there's nothing here but me.

And so it's been a long time, but I've learned some new tricks. I can manipulate my body as much as I want but I'm afraid to dilute it so I've let things go. I've done a lot of interesting things with it and I think I've exhausted all options. Currently I'm in a small form resembling a crystal because I wanted to see if I can further increase my density. After many attempts I finally succeeded. Now I have nothing left to do so I'm waiting for something to happen. Hhaaaa. I hope something happens.

I started to play with the transformation again because boredom was starting to kill me. Well, that's it. End of report. You think the interesting thing happened here? No! ...Oh, no. I'm starting to talk to myself, hey... ...I'm crazy.

... ... ...

Okay! I've waited! Something's happened. The color of this space has started to change from black to white. If I had eyes, it would probably hurt from the sudden changes, but I don't have them. Well, I can't wait to see what happens. During the time I've spent on nothing but waiting, I've made some theories about what could happen.

<1> Nothing will happen and I will spend eternity here until it goes crazy or my soul blurred in this world until there is nothing left and it ceases to exist. But I'd rather not.

<2> I will wake up from a coma or a nightmare. (I still hope so.)

<3> Reincarnation, and if it is, I will probably lose my memories. Not the worst option.

<4> He will meet a god or rather his helper, probably someone low in the hierarchy. After all, I am not a vip. I'll probably go to hell or heaven. That's one of the better options.

There are a few more options but they are unlikely. Anyway, whatever it is, you have to take it with your chest out. Remember what your dad used to say, "A guy has to be proud to live with his chest out. The very fact that you could experience these things, meet those friends who are loyal to you is an honor you don't deserve." He was right. I'm sure my family will take care of Mom. They'll probably miss me, but they're strong and they can handle it. There's no point in regretting anything, whatever it is time to face it.

I'm looking for anything that could be behind this white, and I see that something is starting to gather near me. If I were to describe it, it would be a sheet of water, water from the liquefied light that is collected from the area. So I decided to take a human form and I look at it carefully. When I finished focusing the light, a mirror without reflection was standing in front of me, from which something started to emerge.

Three people, one woman and two men. They came out of the mirror ignoring me as if I did not exist. Then the mirror disappeared as if it didn't exist at all, but I didn't focus on it, only on these unknown creatures. The creatures that I couldn't describe in any other way, I certainly wouldn't call them human, although they have a human-like form.

The first is well-built man, looking around 20 years old, has almost two meters in height, wearing black boots, trousers, shirt and a dark red coat reaching, which has silver accents. The clothes were a mixture of the Middle Ages and modern style. What is more important, however, is his head, silver grey slightly long hair, crimson eyes with dark grey sclera. You can see great pride and anger in them. His face was quite tanned, and scarlet veins stretched from his neck to his left eye. The most important feature of his appearance were two pairs of horns growing out of his head just behind his ears. The first pair was shorter growing out of the skull under 45 degrees to the bottom of his head, then turning forward. They were around 15 centimetres long. The second pair grew upwards from the head slightly backwards and then turned sharply forward. They on the other side were twice as long as the first pair. The horns themselves were pretty sharp, not too thick. In general, he is very handsome, but the points are taken away from his face, the expression of his face, as if it were all a nuisance.

The other man on the other side looks as if he is only 30 years old, he is slightly higher than average. He wears heavy black leather forged boots and brown also leather pants fastened with a powerful work belt containing many different tools. He wears nothing on his chest and has no left arm, which is replaced by a black metal arm with red ornaments. He has a short cut of light red hair with a shade of grey in some places. His eyes are golden and his skin is curly tanned. He is also quite handsome and currently looks at me with his hands folded and with a light smile.

And finally, the woman who was... how to say this... too perfect in her proportions. Medium height, hourglass shape, excellent alabaster complexion. Two pairs of bat wings wrapped around her, covering her naked body, grew out of her back. She has long raven hair with tangled shades of indigo, the colours they shared with her wings. She had a beautiful face and juicy lips on which a smile sat. She was apparently satisfied with the whole situation.

After a few moments where we were burned on each other, they apparently came to a conclusion, because they took a good look at each other and the other man went out before them and started talking.

"Hello boy, my name is Siidins, the middle handicraft god, and these are..." He said Siidins, showing off his companions. First he pointed at the woman. "Tenebra Piacoe Dobili, middle goddess of darkness, fertility and lust." Then he pointed to his other companion.

"Iraet Persubia, middle god of pride and wrath, you little man." Iraet interfered, but after Siidins didn't even try to say anything, he probably expected it, which is confirmed by his slight sigh. Well, ignoring Iraet's mean words, I'm analyzing what I found out. I expected it could happen, but now it is staggering to meet a god or at least a creature who claims to be one. I guess I'm lucky they're nice, it wouldn't be weird if they established their power from the beginning, so lucky they want to talk. I'd like to think about that, but I think Siidnis has something to say.

"Since we introduced ourselves, could I ask the same thing?" He asked, but there are two problems with that question. The first one is that I can't speak, so I tried to convey it by drawing a line on my mouth, maybe it's better to say where my mouth would be with my finger. "Ahhh I forgot, you're a slight exception that rarely happens so..." He took a look at Tenebri, who then snapped her fingers. "...focus on what you want to say, you should be able to talk now."

'There's a second problem here, but I can't remember because I lost some of my memories here, so I can't give you my name, I'm sorry.' I said focusing until I felt like I could talk, that's probably because of what she did. And so I lost a decent piece of my memories while I was here and not only that, even the emotions are slowly dragging out, the proof is how calm I am now.

"It's all right, boy. It's better than we expected." Ohh, so I was lucky not to lose more memories or myself.

'It was that bad?' I asked by observing their reactions. Tenebra was impassioned to observe in silence, and Iraet, on the other hand, was getting more and more annoyed. Siidins sighed again and answered.

"Well, we're in a void, we've now created a barrier to protect your soul until we've explained everything to each other, and as for your questions, boy, that was quite a dangerous thing. Souls don't normally land here, but you got the worst piece, so it's quite possible that you got here. Anyway, we're here now so you're safe and sound, and if you want, I can answer some questions." Well, I'm sure his words have worried me, but I'll take his offer, maybe I'll find something out. So from what his words said to me, "something" happened, and that's what made me die, getting the worst piece that sent me here where my soul would probably cease to exist and they prevented it. Okay, so in that case you need to know this "something".

'So if I may, I'd like to know what happened.'

"So, boy..."

"Enough with the handling!" Iraet interrupted him, Siidins turned around and wanted to say something, but he was interrupted again this time before he could say anything. "I'm gonna explain everything to him, but faster because we don't have time to talk." And he came up nonchalantly and started talking. "In the world known as Terra Eternam, a few fools decided to try and kill the gods they blamed for their failures. They created a spell that was supposed to kill us but they overestimated themselves and died losing control of the ritual. Unfortunately, the spell fired and traveled through the void, and it came here causing several explosions across the planet. You got a piece of the spell that allowed it to travel through the void landing here. The gods who run the earth contacted us and now we have to deal with the whole mess. So ahead of a few of your questions because we got a limited time on earth set by your gods because they're a little pissed off. Those who die will be reborn on Terra Eternam as different beings. Those who have retained consciousness as much as you have retained memories. Anything else?"

I guess he's just relieved his stress with this stream of words. This whole situation really annoys him, which doesn't surprise me too much. Anyway, I guess I understood everything. I died because of their irresponsibility and now they take responsibility. It's nice to know that I'll keep my memories or rather what's left of them. So I only have two questions left.

'Only two things.'

"What?" He asked a little more calmly now. Apparently he's let off a little more steam than I thought. You could confuse his tone, with a nice one now.

"Why did the three gods come for me and what happens now? I asked him quickly.

"I will answer that." Tenebra answered, who was quiet until this time. Though her tone indicated that she was enjoying the whole situation. "As for our presence, it is because we have received information from the gods on earth about the whole life of all the victims of this unpleasant event, and as a small compensation, everyone will receive the blessings of the gods with whom they are most compatible." The greatest compatibility?!I understand Siidinis, I finally like to build things, I studied mechatronics and worked in this business, but the rest? Anger, pride, let's not overdo it, I'm no different from all people, and when it comes to darkness, I don't know what it is. Let me even mention the rest of her aspects, "Oh you seem perplexed, what happened?" She asked, sweetheart, tilting her head.

'Well, I don't know exactly how compatible I am here.' I answered honestly, looking at her and Iraeta.

"But you are, by compatibility I meant not only the personality but also the past events you've experienced." She said, like it was obvious.

'I still don't understand. Well, I was a little bit of a brawl and proud of myself in high school, but without exaggeration, and even if Iraet's got a mark, I only had a couple of girls with whom I wasn't even intimate, nothing to call lust, let alone fertility.'

"Then I'll explain to you." She said materializing something in her hand that resembled a folder of files. "Pride is in the fact that you were terribly proud of the fact that you were able to help your mother pay off her hospital debt, or the very fact that you took pride in your achievements more than once in college. Anger is because when someone insulted your family, girlfriend, friends or you, at least to a lesser extent, it was anger that spread to you, and sometimes when someone exaggerated you couldn't stop yourself and got into a fight " Ahhh... now that I think about it, such things have happened. Wait a minute. Why is Iraet nodding his head proud of something and Siidins joined him? But still, lust still doesn't fit. A studio moment, then to make some money... No. No! No! No!

"And as for lust, when you were in college to make some money, you and your friend made a small company that made custom-made adult toys. You made dozens, or counting with all the projects you created and then sold them to another company when you closed yours, it would be several thousand. Maybe not directly but you satisfied thousands of men and women. Hahaha you're perfect for lust, boy."

...I was just making money. My buddy had a good idea, I had skills, it was going well, we even had a few employees but after graduation I decided to do something better so I sold all the projects, they were supposed to be for serial production but that didn't work out and now it bit me in the ass. Heeeeeehhh... And I don't regret it, it was fun, I admit it, and since thousands of women liked it, it means that my projects were not bad. I'm trying to justify myself, I know it, it was work and I did it well I should be proud of it! And now, coming back.

'What about the second question?'

"Oh! Yes, I forgot, I had too much fun." She kept giggling. "So we're going to start your reincarnation, but before that, as a bonus for your perseverance, we'll let you take some of the things you had here. Any questions?" I won't say a nice bonus, but first you should know what I'll be. To be able to take the most useful thing.

'May I ask you what I'll be?'

"No." Really? Okay.

'What skills will I have?'

"No."

'Where will I be reborn?'

"No."

'Why, if I may, know?!'

"Because there's no fun in it." She replied happily. She's so... Don't let that goddamn thing provoke you, know your place, don't ruin your situation.

'Will you be the one to choose my new race?

"No, we'll do it together, I'll only be responsible for the little details, but don't be afraid we'll be your patrons, so we'll watch you." He said happy, too happy.

'But that doesn't mean helping in case of danger, because there will be no fun in it. Yeah?

"Exactly."

'You probably won't tell me how the other world works either.'

"You get it fast, I like it. We won't interfere, just watch, but that doesn't mean we don't give good advice from time to time." And now I know everything. I got a sadist. Those in the back are just looking, one with a hand covering his eyes, the other one apparently having fun with it. Okay, I can do it. I'll be positive all the time, even if it's just to piss her off. She won't see me down or pissed off.

'Okay, so can I get all the books from my apartment?'

"Huh" They were surprised, except of course Tenebra she just smiled.

"Interesting choice. There's a little bit of it, but whatever, I'm fine." She said, then they gathered around me and reached out.

"Shrink as much as you can, it will help." said Siidins, so I did, and I shrunk to the crystal form I learned before.

"Nice" commented Iraet. Yeah, well, thanks for the compliments, but I won't be needing them. Heeehhh. Everyone touched me and Tenebra started talking.

"Now we're going to give you a blessing and start reincarnation. And one more thing before I forget about the new body, you'll know everything. Try to survive the ciao. " Wait a minute....

...

"And it's done."

"The usual bitch."

"That's my charm."

"Okay, let's go back, it took us longer than we had."

"Interesting"

"What"

"How many memories did he lose?"

"He seemed quite serene, so probably not much."

"Rather because he was able to shrink it slowed down the process."

"Well, good for him."

"Anyway, this is going to be interesting."

8