chapter five
142 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
well another chapter, i really suck with names, but i took a page from jojos and named everyone after a song i like, yes even the name of the story is from a song. see you next week.

Azthol was feeling really bad, just being inside the building for a few minutes was enough for him to feel sick, a wave of emotions that were not his own invaded him the moment he set a foot inside. He could hear the voices in despair, he was really close to tears, he didn’t know why but he just felt it. The building itself was in a sorry state, it looked like people were doing things before suddenly disappearing, documents left in the open, food on some tables and keys laying on the floor. The more he looked around the more he seemed to understand that’s this was some sort of lounge. There tables and even a counter, a door to his right and a door that to whatever was behind the counter, he began investigating. There was a crude map of the building in one of the tables. 

It seemed like he building had a 10 of floors which was weird since it didn’t seem that big from the outside, Azthol decided to check behind the counter and saw some weird pedestals with crystal domes on it. Whatever was inside was gone seeing as the crystal was smashed someone took whatever was inside. There were some papers on the floor so he decided to see if he could learn something from them. 

Azthol saw that most of them were illegible it seemed like hey got wet and the ink got messed up. But there were some fragments that he was able to read. The words “Progress” and “eternity” were some of the most notable ones. He finally found a paper that mostly intact and decide to read it. 

It seems like we finally made some progress in the experiments, Doctor Mac managed to get a good sample, this could advance our research by leaps and bounds. We are so close to finding it that I can't wait for tomorrow. Doctor Moth said that we shouldn’t get our hopes up, but as a man of science how can I not get excited about the most important discovery since the dawn of mankind.  

Let it be known that as researchers we have sacrificed many lives, but it was all for a good cause. If stop now then all those deaths will be for nothing. We may be monsters but if that’s the burden we have to carry then I will do it gladly 

Tomorrow is the day we get our answers, if something goes wrong then nothing could be done about it. I'm not sorry about the things we did, but I'm sorry it took so long. To the kids and to my daughter I hope you can one day understand this had to be done and find it in yourselves to forgive us. Please understand it was the only way we had to stop it. 

Dr. Krenay 

Well at least he now knew what this place was, a research facility, the only thing that was leaving him uneasy was the felling he got when he was reading it. Regret and sorrow and towards the end even pity. Some fucked up research was done here. Deciding to move on Azthol hop over the counter and entered the other door. He was met by a long empty hallway, no windows and just trash scattered through it. It was a haunting image and it got worse when the wall started turning blue, it started cracking and he could hear it.  

The laughter of children, it was the same laughter as that time. Azthol stood on guard with his lance waiting for the children to appear. Instead of coming out of the blue spot. A kid appeared at the end of the hallway. Azthol was surprised, the kid looked relatively normal. Of course, that was without counting the weird symbol it had on his forehead. It looked like some weird spiral with an eye on the center.  

He looked eyes with the kid and that’s when it hit him, really strong emotions. This time there was also a voice, it sounded like a girl.  

“You... you are a new face, it's weird. Only that witch and lost can enter here, what are you?” 

Well, he thought it was a kid but the voice clearly belonged to girl. At least she wasn’t hostile. Relaxing a little Azthol took a deep breath. 

“I'll be honest I don’t know. I thought I just some “normal” guy with a mask stuck to his face, but it seems like there is something more than that. I'm just trying to find a way out of here so if you could help me with that I will be gone.” 

“A mask? That’s how you call it? Well, I guess it's true in a way. If you want to get out, you'll have to talk to Elefiro.” 

“Elefiro? What kind of name is that? Whatever, so where can I find this Elefiro?” 

“He is on the first floor; I hope you get out; it would be nice if you could help him. Good luck.” 

She disappeared and the blue was gone with her, Azthol felt the emotions leaving him as well. He really wanted to get out of here, but know he knew that he just needed to get to the first floor and talk to this Elefiro. 

But was it really that easy? Things were never like that, there was always a catch. He could investigate a bit more before going up. The map he showed there were two staircases, both of them should lead to the first floor. Azthol advanced through the hallway until he finally reached the door.  

Things got shitty really quick. That was the only way he could describe what happened when he opened the door. Blood splattered across the walls, the smell of rotten flesh and even some diagrams of what he could only describe as a skeleton and a brain. He could even see a small trail of blood leading to room to his right.  

However, the worst part were the emotions that flooded his mind, they were so strong and so many that he almost puked. Pain, madness and joy almost in sync. Like a deranged tune a symphony that would make him crazy. Azthol was surprised when suddenly a beautiful voice began to sing, the voice grew stronger as if to drown the emotions. It worked and after some minutes, Azthol was able to continue. He was grateful for that song, but the question now was who was it? He didn’t recognize the voice or the song but for some reason they sounded really nostalgic and familiar.  

He deicide he would think about it later and headed for the room where the trail of blood ended, he opened the door and found that it was a small room, like a janitor closet. He also found what leaved the trail of blood; it was just the skeleton of an adult; blood was flowing from its eyes.  

Azthol was about to close the door when suddenly the skeleton screamed and at him. He quickly used his spear and stabbed the skeleton. He forgot the fact that as a skeleton it had nothing for him to stab, the spear just harmlessly going through its ribs.  

The Skeleton seemed surprised in fact this unnerved Azthol the skeleton was able to show emotion. The bone shouldn’t move like that. 

“Hey wait, you're not one of the kids... that’s weird.” 

The skeleton could talk, now he had seen everything, but considering what Kyrie told him about the fusion he guessed there were weirder things. 

“Yeah... my name is Azthol I'm just trying to get out of here.” 

He didn’t let his guard down but he retracted his spear in case he needed to protect himself. 

“Oh, so you're going to see Elefiro, I don’t think that’s a good idea man. Motherfucker eats people, that’s why I hide in this closet.” 

“Wait so you didn’t die here?” 

“Nah, I'm from the white wall. You think there would be even bones left if I died here? HAHA, if anyone dies here, they become lost just like the kids.” 

“The white wall? Is that a city filled with Skeletons or something?” 

“Uh, you don’t know what the white wall is? HAHAHAHAHAHA and I thought that silly mask the only weird thing about you. Let me guess you come from the borders, don’t you? That’s the only way you haven't heard of the white wall. Well, the white wall is the prison where all the criminals are contained. I'm something of an inmate.” 

Great so he was stuck with a Skeleton criminal until he found a way out of here and if he was telling the truth about Elefiro then it wouldn’t be easy. Salomon made it clear that reaching master level would only let him survive while crossing the forest that didn’t mean he was at a level where he could fight the lost and if this Elefiro was a big shot here then it wouldn’t be an easy fight. 

“How did an inmate got here; did you try to escape?” 

“Nah, I love my life in prison, I get to spend all the day with my beloved Noiz and we do all sort of things in the nigh OOHHH! How I miss of her boot on my bones, or how soft and perfect her ass felt on my back. O Noiz punish me my sinful self!” 

The Skeleton began to rub his bones making it was clear he was just a masochist. In fact, some of his bones began to move round switching places and returning to their original position. It was fun to see it even if it made him feel a bit uncomfortable, so Azthol decided it was enough and asked. 

“Then why are you here?” 

“Well, it’s a bit embarrassing, but my I was licking my dear Noiz´s legs while were crossing the forest and she really likes it, she gets really wet you see. I can do magic with this tongue.” the skeleton opened his jaw and large almost cartoonish tongue came out; he even began to move it around for emphasis. “So, I tripped on the puddle that formed in her throne and well... I got here while trying to find my way out of the forest.” 

“The fuck... so your girlfriend rides a throne? And you tripped in her juices? You do realize how stupid that sounds?” 

“Hey! everyone that has reach the first-class level can make... how do I explain it, you could say it's like a ship that protects anyone inside it while traveling, it usually takes the form that best represents the user. My dear Noiz has the most majestic throne.” 

That’s weird if every first class can do that then why didn’t Kyrie use it to get them to Bastion. 

“Then why didn’t Kyrie used it?” Azthol muttered for himself but the skeleton managed to hear the name and began laughing. 

“HAHAHAHAAH! You know that bitch?! Of course, she can't use it! Do you know what the best thing to represent duality is? Her power is so great it's hard for her to even control it, that's why they always send her on solo missions. Ive heard the only one that went on missions with her went missing some time ago.” 

Hearing that Azthol remembered the words she told him back then. He was truly just holding her back, but that only made his determination stronger once he got out of this place, he would become her partner. There was also the matter with Mary, but he would sort everything once he was at Bastion. 

“You shouldn’t call her a bitch, its rude you know?” 

“I'll call her that and more, you might not know it, but she and I have history. She earned it.” 

Azthol didn’t want to pry more without Kyrie so he let it go, there was another thing he wanted to ask after all. 

“By the way you haven't told me your name.” 

“Oh, you are right! You can call me Tennin the man who conquered the ultimate S!” 

He made a silly pose while saying that, Azthol couldn’t help but laugh. 

“And I bet you are the ultimate M, right?” 

“You got that right!” 

Tennin smiled and gave him a thumbs up, Athol´s mood was better now. At least he wasn't alone anymore even if his only company was a masochist skeleton. He didn’t know if he should laugh or cry. 

“Well, I'll go to the first floor. I don’t know how strong Elefiro is but maybe I can convince him to let us out.” 

“Wait a moment! I'll go with you, if that bitch founds out, I didn’t help you it'll bring trouble to my dear Noiz.” 

“OK” 

Azthol didn’t have a problem with Tennin helping him, besides he still wanted to investigate what the hell happened here. Maybe if he found more information, he would be able talk to Elefiro. It seemed like the best thing he could do was search the whole place before going to the first floor.  

They continued exploring, it seemed like Tennin didn’t explore the place opting instead to hide in the closet until help arrived. 

“How was anyone going to find this place. I mean I found it by pure luck and just entering the lake almost killed me.” 

“Yeah, don’t underestimate a first class. They can pretty much wipe out entire dimensions or universes, but I think that lake is some sort of camouflage and one that can fool a first class. Otherwise, my dear Noiz would have already rescue me.” 

That meant that whoever made the lake was at least at that level. Supposing that Elefiro made it then that would mean he is at least as strong as Kyrie or at just a bit weaker considering what Tennin said about her. Even then that was bad he just a master level, according to Salomon the best he could do against t a first class was to try and run. 

“If we end up fighting Elefiro, can you keep up?” 

“Of course, I can, you think my dear Noiz would marry a weakling!? I'll let you know I'm a first class kur user!” 

That was great, even the skeleton that choose to hide in the closet was stronger than him. It did hurt Atzhol's pride a bit, but it was better this way. At least he had the help of a first class. Even if he was a pervert. 

They continued exploring until they found a medical table. It was behind a blue curtain. There were some notes scattered on the floor most of them destroyed but some were intact. Azthol didn’t like the feeling he was getting and judging Tennin's he didn’t either.  

Azthol began to read the papers that were intact his eyes widening at what he read. 

Test subject: ______ 

The subject seems to be responding well to the medicament, in spite of having the bones in his arms removed. The subjects can still move his arms and use force. The subject will now wear a straitjacket until further notice. 

We have put the subject under intense psychological and physical pressure as well as a steady dose of the azure blood over the past few weeks. We will conduct an extraction of the brain to see the effects. If the subject survives the procedure then he will be put with the other 5 that survived.  

We have seen that some subjects have a tendency to try and commit suicide so we will put them under extreme supervision. While some of the staff have been cruel to some of the subjects this seems to have a positive effect for the experiments. Doctor Moth has decided to allow them to continue. 

Dr. Weiber 

Shit, things were getting really dark. Azthol didn’t knew what to make of this, what was the point of this research. Dr. Krenay said it was the only way to stop something, but he just couldn’t understand how torturing kids and removing their brains had anything to do with eternity. 

Looking for Tennin he found him reading another document, his expression showing that he was a bit surprised. Before quickly turning into a small smirk. 

“Meh, the prisoners in the White wall have it way worse. Amateurs.” 

Tennin threw away the paper, but Azthol caught it before it could fell to the floor. This one had a photo in it. Just the photo alone was. It showed a small nude girl with beautiful emerald hair, her legs were cut off and were bleeding. Her expression was filled with pain and yet she seemed to be holding back her tears. As if she was trying to appear strong.  

Test subject: m—asdoi-.,ui 

The subject shows a lot of promise, her legs have been severed, we will provide her with new ones as well as modifying her vocal cords. The subject has shown a talent for singing. It's been beneficial for the other subject's psyche. More experimentation will have to be done. For the time being she will be kept in a room on the 4th floor until the date of her surgery. If she survives then we will finally have a living chimera to work with. 

Doctor Mac is concerned with putting her in the same room as the twins, past incidents have shown that they are aggressive to anyone invading “their” floor. Due to this a request has been made to change her room to the 3rd floor.  

Azthol had enough, he could feel something inside of him stirring while read the document, the more he read the more he felt disgust. Not at the things that were done, but for the kids. He felt disgusted by them, helpless to do anything but endure. Pitiful disgusting creatures, born only to suffer for a purpose they didn’t comprehend, was there no hope left for them? The disgust grew the more he thought about. He didn’t feel it, but his mask started to crack. What could be called a mouth formed, smiling gleefully.  

Kids that were helpless, it wasn’t their fault, right? No, it's their fault for being weak. If they weren't so weak maybe they could have escaped. Weakness was disgusting. Just waiting for things to be better, but doing nothing to change things because one was weak. The kids were an example of that.  

A tiny eye appeared inside the mouth the mask had formed, followed by countless others all of them appeared to be in joy as if mocking what happened to the kids, or perhaps thye were mocking Azthol. 

Then something clicked in Azthol´s mind, waiting for things to get better without doing anything. It sounded familiar right? After all wasn’t he- 

“Hey you ok there? You’ve been staring at that piece of paper for a while.” 

Tennnin touched his shoulder from behind, the mouth and eyes disappeared. The mask returning to normal without anyone noticing it. The disgusting feeling gone, Azthol could finally think clearly.  

“Umm yeah, I'm fine. It's just... this shocked me.” 

Azthol lied, he didn’t understand what happened. It felt like he was someone else, like he wasn’t in control. Tennin noticed that but for some reason decided it was better to leave it alone. 

“If you say so. We should get going this place gives me the creeps.” 

Tennin moved towards the door, there were some lockers near it, but feeling the same would happen again Azthol didn’t open them.  

Tenin opened the door and got out, Azthol following after him. 

It was a beautiful courtyard, flowers of different shades of blue glowing. Some were weird and others were more normal, like a rose or a violet. There were a few tables to sit down, but the most important thing was in the center. An impressive tree, from its branches grew flowers like spheres. That gave a soft glow. 

It was a really beautiful sight. A stark contrast to the inside of the building. Azthol couldn’t help but wonder why have such a garden in a place like this. What was its purpose? How did they use it?  

“Man, this place sure is nice, I should bring my dear Noiz here. She would love it. I mean even the fucking grass is blue. And look these weird things are going up!” 

Just Tennin said, some blue dots of light began floating towards the sky. He didn’t notice it at first, but there were some dark blue crystals growing from the wall. In fact, the sky itself looked like it was made of crystal.  

Maybe that wasn’t the sky at all and just some sort of illusion. Azthol didn’t have enough experience to know what could be the work of a kur user. Azthol also noted that the map he found was useless. There wasn’t supposed to be a courtyard here. Then again before entering he saw the building only had 2 floors and yet the map, he found said there were ten floors.  

Well, he hoped that at least the stairs were in the same place, but considering that the doors were in different places he shouldn’t get his hopes up.  

There were two doors, one to his right and to his left. Without knowing where to go he deiced to ask Tennin for his opinion. 

“So, which door should we take?” 

“Dunno, I say we go right. At this point either of them could lead to the first floor.” 

Tennin shrugged and went for the right door, Azthol wished he could be that confident. Sure, of one's choices without doubt. It was honestly something he wanted to be like. 

He followed Tennin and entered the building again. It seemed like they made the right choice, it was a long hall, but the stairs were there, a spiral staircase leading to the First floor. The only problem being the weird spider like machines that seemed to be patrolling. They had four legs that grew from a skull. The skulls were wearing a mask with a happy face.  

They didn’t seem to be that strong at first, at least until Tennin threw a bone near them. They instantly detected the movement and surrounded the bone. They began to spew some sort of blue liquid that covered the whole bone, creating small blue cocoon. It floated towards the ceiling before attaching itself. 

Now that they looked at it, the ceiling was full of these blue cocoons. In fact, one of them was even moving. 

“So... you got a plan? If not then I'm just going to keep throwing bones at them until they are busy enough for us to pass.” 

“You can do that?” 

“Of course, I can! I can make an infinite number of bones if I wanted to. My dear Noiz tends to get violent when she gets turn on. So, I tend to replace my bones almost every day.” 

Ultimate S alright. At least they could pass without much trouble. Tennin created a few bones and was about to throw them when suddenly the cocoon that they saw moving before exploded. A Young woman came out of it.  

She had short hair that seemed to change color whenever she moved, it was looking at a waterfall. She was only wearing a silver pone piece dress, leaving a lot of her pale body for everyone to see. Her amber eyes focused on them; she was surprised to see other people and quickly called out to them. 

“Hey! I need some help here!” 

The machines that were focused on her quickly noticed them and before they knew it, a large amount of them went for Azthol and Tennin. 

“Bitch! You did it on purpose!” 

Wings made of glass appeared on her back as she began dodging the liquid and the machines that jumped in an attampt to grab her. 

“My name isn't Bitch! It's Heikko!” 

Azthol didn’t say anything and neither did Tennin as both of them were already enganging the machines. Azthol used his spear, any machine that his spear touched was quickly covered in rust, unable to do anything. Tennin for his part showed why he was a first class, in an instant hundreds of machines were impaled by bones. Despite this they weren't making a dent in their numbers, for one machine they destroyed another took its place.  

Azthol wasn’t fast enough and one of the machines managed to hit him in his arm. His arm began to melt, he cut his arm off and as he expected the rusty liquid began to flow. He used it and like a tidal wave the machines were consumed by it.  

Tennin saw this and deiced to do something similar. A large skull grew from the floor, it opened its mouth and like a black hole the machines were sucked in. Not being done two more skulls formed behind him, flames grew from their eye's sockets and mouth, they laughed and began to chase after any machine they saw. Any machine that came in contact with the flames was quickly reduced to nothing, not even ashes remained.  

Thye must had destroyed thousand just like that and yet more machines seemed to appear. Worse, a giant one appeared, the mask it wore had an angry face.  

“Fuck me! Listen if I go full power, I don’t think I will be of help with Elefiros!” 

Azthol understood, it was the same for him. No, it was worse, Tennin could last longer he couldn't. 

“We just need to make it to the stairs! If you can open a path-” 

“Motherfucker! I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but the hall has grown in size since that angry one appeared!” 

It was like Tennin said, the room grew the more machines they destroyed what was once a large hall was now almost as big as a normal mansion. They could fly, but there were so many and dodging them would be impossible without reducing their numbers first, which in turn made more appear and made the hall larger. 

It was a hopeless situation, but he refused to give up. There had to be a way to reach the first floor. 

“Hey! Don’t forget about me! I can help you out!” 

“Bitch! It's your fault we are in this situation in the first place!” 

“Stop calling me that! That’s why I'm helping you!” 

Her wings began to shine, the glass broke and suddenly any blue liquid coming their way began to go in weird directions turning and twisting. It was like looking at a broken mirror. 

“Move it! I can't do this for a long time!” 

They didn’t need to be told twice, Tennin´s body disappeared leaving only his skull, it was engulfed in flames before quickly flying while screaming towards the exit. 

Azthol couldn’t do that, but he needed to fly to reach the exit, he needed something to fly with. Even if they were broken wings, dirty like a used rag, they could still fly and that’s all that he needed. A pair wings appeared on his back, dripping the rusty liquid and one was broken. He could fly now. 

The machines still tried to catch them, specially the giant one. Dodging tis legs and the blue liquid was difficult even after what Heikko had done, they were a lot after all. Still Tennin was the first to made to the first floor, Heikko just stopping, waiting for Azthol to make it. With a burst of speed Azsthol finally made it. Heikko just took a moment to look at the machines.  

“Suck it! Losers!” 

With an infantile gesture, Heikko entered the first floor. 

“Wow, that’s fucked up dude. Like... what the fuck is that?” 

Being the first to enter the first floor, Tennin was welcomed by what could only described as a bad trip.  

“Are those... yeah those are fucking sirens. And what the fuck is that thing supposed to be, a dancing leg? You can't even know what half of this shit even is.” 

The second floor looked more like and open plane, the sky filled with different shades of blue changing shape and mixing with no purpose. Sirens were dancing around what seemed to be platform made from glass panels, filled with some weird flowers. The only source of light came from that platform, the glass helping to increase its intensity. 

That was only the sky, the floor itself was weirder. It seemed to be made blue crystals, transparent enough to see the garden below. It seemed like that garden did had a purpose. Some weird humanoid figures piled people on top of each other, they seemed to be frozen or at least weren't able to move. No, they were moving, but at such a low speed it was almost impossible to notice. 

Tennin was wondering where all these people came from when suddenly. Like a droplet of water someone feel from the sky. And just for that tiny second Tennin was able to see the forest from below. He connected to dots and finally realized where all the missing people end up. Now if he could see how the lost were created.  

He didn’t have time to ponder as Azthol came crashing next to him. Dirty wings on his back, most people would be disgusted and would back away. But Tennin had seen worse in prison. A moment later Heikko arrived as well, the three of them were able to get to the first floor safely.  

Tennin had some words to say to Heikko but he didn’t want to draw attention to them, this was supposed to be the place where Elefiro resided and if Tennin had to guess he would say Elefiro was in that platform. 

AZthol slowly stood up. Seeing the first floor for the first time, it was a clusterfuck something like the dream of a psychopath. He turned to talk to Heikko but stopped when he saw one of the sirens dancing stopped, it went to grab one of the people from a random pile. The person in question seemed horrified but moved so slowly they might as well do nothing. The sirens began to sing a symphony of despair and sadness. Their dance began to speed up the closer the one with the person became with that platform. The flowers bloomed and the siren kneeled while floating in front of it. Offering the person to whatever was inside. Something seemed to grab the person almost gently, yet the expression on their face was one of pure terror. The person went inside, the flower closing after it was inside. 

Azthol expected that to be the end, one could say that just showed how naïve he still was. He wasn’t prepared when the screams began. The sirens seemed to take it as a sign and began to sing and dance in synchrony with the screams, it was horrible, but he couldn’t help but think it was a beautiful melody. It was like a scene from a nightmare. 

The glass panels began to drip some blue liquid and reflected on them were images, memories and emotions. It was clear they belonged to that person. One by one they were consumed by the blue liquid. The screaming growing louder each time one was consumed. When finally, all the glass panels turned blue. The screaming stopped; the blue liquid came out from the glass. Falling to the ground it quickly took form to reveal a lost. Just like one of the kids Azthol saw, the child quickly floated until it touched the ceiling, disappearing into it. 

“Well fuck me. I don’t think Elefiro will let us go dude. Seems pretty clear what he does to people here.” 

“Well duh, what did you expect. That just means we have to fight out way out.” 

“Bitch, I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but that thing seems to be at the pinnacle of power a first class can have. I don’t know why it hasn’t reached core level, but I guess it must have something to do with creating those lost children.” 

“I already told you my name is not bitch, its Heikko. Don’t call me that again skeleton.” 

“The name is Tennin, the man who conquered the ultimate S.” 

“And that is supposed to mean something?” 

Heikko mocked Tennin, this was sure to be the begging of a beautiful friendship. 

“Why you Flat chested piece of... you know what forget it, there are more important things to do, right Azthol?” 

Azthol didn’t respond, the images in those panels and how they were consumed still fresh in his mind. Their individuality, their memories, what made that person unique, they were all consumed. In fact, if he had to guess that meant the core was left empty only to be filled by whatever that blue liquid really is. According to what Kyrie told him, the only reason that thing wasn’t at core level yet was because of all the individuals it consumed. What a horrible existence. 

“Azthol? You ok there?” 

“I'm fine... just a little shaken.” 

“Thats fine, but be ready to bring you A game ok? That Elfefiro thing won't be an easy thing to fight. The same goes for you Heikko. I don’t care how you got into this mess but if you want to get out then you better help.” 

“I get it, don’t have to remind me, but I don’t think you should be worrying about me. He seems to be the weaker one here.” 

She might be right, Azthol didn’t knew how strong Heikko was, but he knew that Salomon only trained him to survive crossing the forest, not to fight whatever this thing was. But he couldn’t retreat, the only way to reunite with Kyrie and Mary was to fight. He promised both of them he would make it, for the one who showed him the world and the one who showed him love, he would survive no matter what.  

His mask began to transform bit, almost in response to his feelings. Something began to open little by little. 

“I'm aware of that, but even if I'm the weakest, I will continue no matter what.” 

Those words seemed to strike Heikko deep, she went silent avoiding to look at Azthol. Tennin for his part seemed a bit impressed. He was begining to see why Kyrie had decided to help this guy. 

“Well, I think I'm begging to see what that Bitch saw in you. I don’t know if that a good or bad thing for you, but well... I guess it's time to see what ugly thing hides in that flower. Don’t you agree?” 

Tennin clicked his fingers and small flaming bone flew towards the platform. It slowed downed before it touched coming to a halt before even touching the flowers. However, Tennin had already predicted something like this, and with a snap of his fingers a small tiny flame appeared in one of the petals, the flowers were engulfed in flames immediately. Strangely the sirens seemed to be unperturbed only singing and dancing faster.  

The flowers destroyed. A figure rose, its long blue hair covered most of his face, but one could see his mouth was forming a small smile. his pale skin seemed to merge with his white straight jacket.  

“So that’s Elefiro. I thought he would be a monster or something.” 

Tennin was engulfed in flames, the transformed into some kind of armor, a cage that would normally be used for torture appeared in his head. His chest and legs were covered some red robes, that tightly hug his bones. The only thing his arms had were some bracelets that had chains attached to them. His weapon appeared revealing it to be a long knife. It was really simplistic in design save for one thing. The left side of the blade had a kiss mark. 

Heikko only summoned a polearm made of glass. It seemed like she was wearing her armor the whole time. Azthol was the same and took a stance with his spear. The three of them were ready, each of them had different reasons, but they wanted the same thing.  

To survive. 

Elefiro laughed, the sirens song changed. They danced away as if to make way for them. He continued laughing. His hair moving from how hard he was doing it. They were finally able to see his eyes.  

They looked at the abyss and the abyss looked back. 

1