Chapter 1: First Encounter
65 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Also try reading https://www.scribblehub.com/series/116514/the-suicide-of-/, it has thrill feeling coming out of the story, and it is a real event ( I hope so, couldn't find it on the website. ).


After the light surrounded me, I start losing consciousness and closed my eyes. I can't move my body like I want to, but I can feel heat, wave, and pressure. My body feels all these three feelings at the same time, and I feel way too uncomfortable about this.

After what seems like a long time, I opened my eyes and saw grasses in front of me.

'Where am I? Why am I outside of my house?'

But the first thought that went into my mind is the disgusting smell running inside my nose. I don't know what kind of thing is releasing this smell, but goddamn, it is nasty.

I stand up and look at the surrounding. There is nothing here except tall spruce trees covering this whole land from the sunlight, and the fog limits my sight from seeing any further. You could pass this scene as one of those haunted places.

Just when I start walking, I heard a loud, high-pitched screech.

 My body starts shaking from the terror of the noise. What kind of animal releases this horrifying screech?

After the loud screech is over, everything became silent. It's way too quiet that I feel like I'm starting to become crazy from this silence. Something that releases a loud screech is nearby. This thing is not a mere 'animal.'

I start walking into an unknown with fogs in the way.

After walking for an hour, the disgusting smell starts to become weak, and I almost can breathe the fresh air. But minutes later, the scent begins to become strong again.

'Damnjust when I thought I finally could breathe fresh air.'

Step by step, the smell starts to become stronger, and it starts to become unbearable that I pinch my nose hard. I'm getting closer to the source of this smell, but what is it that can make such a foul smell?

Finally, after a few minutes of walking, I saw a figure walking toward me. I don't know what is coming toward me, but I can't help becoming worried.

But the smell is close by, and I want to curse at this smell.

When I turn my head to look for the source of the smell, I feel like I got struck by lightning.

A still bleeding deformed body with no head is on the floor, and organs are everywhere on the ground. I feel like throwing up bad. 'What kind of sick person would do something like this? Is it the figure that is in front of me?'

I turned my head to look at the figure that was walking toward me, but I was petrified and held my breath when I look at its appearance.

That's right. I said, 'it.'

It has long arms with 50 cm claws. The Thing dragged its long arm on the ground making the grass rustling sound. The Thing has white skin, and it bends its skinny body forward. The Thing has no eyes, but it looks like it the thing is finding its way using the large pointy ear. The Thing only has a mouth at its face. There is nothing else other than the grinning mouth with blood seeping out of it. Its height is about two meters.

I don't want to move.

I feel like if I tried to move a muscle, then that thing will hear me and kill me.

The Thing walked past me, and I stood motionless until I think it's already far away from me.

I start to breathe normally again and fell to my knees with watery eyes. I instantly thought about my family.

'Is this where my family had gone to? What kind of sh*tty place is this?'

Tears start rolling on my face.

But I immediately wipe my tears when I heard footsteps running toward me. I pull out my knife and start pointing.

"Hey, chill, man." a mysterious man is in front of him.

I look at his appearance, and it seems like this guy is from Japan. He has a look of a young man that should be in high school.

It's a human! But I immediately put my guard up because I don't know about this man.

"Who are you?" I fiercely glare at the man in front of me.

"Murai Yuki, and who are you?" the man asked back.

"Kagawa Satoshi."

"I saw you were idling here when I was walking around, so I ran toward you, but suddenly you fell on to your knees."

"It was nothing..."

After that, the awkward silence went on for 2 seconds before the man starts speaking up again to stop awkward silence.

"By the way, do you know where this disgusting smell is coming from? I feel like I'm about to throw up just from this smell alone."

The man wanted to know. Therefore as a gentlemanI will do what I'm supposed to do.

I closed my eyes and pointed at the deformed body without turning my head. I don't want to suffer again. So, The man looks at where I'm leading, and then I heard a vomiting sound a few seconds later.

I know, right? It looks disgusting.

"D-did you do t-this madness?" He looks afraid of me, so I got a little irritated.

"Do I look like someone can do this inhumane stuff?"

"B-but you have a-a knife..."

"Does my knife have blood on it? No, right?"

Through the whole conversation, my eyes never set on the man. I was looking at the surrounding for the possibility of The Thing returning, and indeed it heard this guy's running and our loud conversation. So I whispered to him,

"Don't make a sound and don't move a muscle."

"What?"

The man was confused at first, but when he saw a figure coming toward his position, he went silent and didn't move a muscle. His face turns from puzzled to terrified.

The Thing stopped walking nearby and start 'hearing.' The Thing's ear opened just like a mouth. No. It indeed looks like a mouth. It has teeth, and it opened.

We didn't make a single noise.

Then, The Thing suddenly starts screeching with a high-pitched voice. It was an ear-piercing sound. I feel like throwing up all the food that I just ate.

After that, it stopped screeching and then start walking.

Just like before, it went away out of sight.

"We need to get away from here."

The man nodded, and we both start walking like a thief is about to steal in someone's home. We didn't step on anything that makes a sound except for grass rustling from both of us walking. But suddenly we heard footsteps running toward us.

DAMN, IT HEARD OUR FOOTSTEP!

We both start running like crazy. The Thing is getting closer because we have a late start, and this monster's physique looks strong, although it seems skinny from outside.

Although The Thing has a 40-meter gap distance between the other guy and me, it's steadily getting closer.

I start to see a strange line that separates between dark green grass and relatively light green grass. It was weird, but I have no time to think about it when I have death is following me.

The man suddenly tripped and called for help.

I stopped and looked at the man. I ponder whether to save him or not, but I decided to gut myself and start helping him.

The Thing is getting closer at a rapid speed, but all I could do now is dragging him with everything I could.

After that, I slipped on a slippy rock and fell.

This is it. My life is over before I knew it. I still don't know the whereabouts of my family.

I can only hope that I can meet my family in the afterlife.

.

.

.

But nothing happens...

Nothing...

opened my eyes and looked at the monster that was chasing us. It halted in its track and 'glare' at us with mouth open. This thing's mouth has teeth like a shark. I look below and saw the separation between the monster and me. It's the line I mentioned before. The monster stopped chasing and start turning around.

The Thing walked away.

guess this monster is stuck inside this tall spruce trees biome, huh. There is no way it would stop chasing its prey after a long time.

The man thanked me for saving him, and I just nodded. I just thought to myself.

'THIS IS F*CKED UP PLACE.'


 

1