Chapter 8
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Care to tell me? What the hell are you doing here?"

In front of Haruta was a pale-skinned young girl whose red hair was made into a bun. She was wearing her black school uniform. Her red eyes and pink lips, which formed a playful smile, told that she was expecting such reaction.

"Now, now, Haru!! Is this how you talk to the girl? I came all the way from school just to see you and this is how you treat me?"

Sheela made a face as if annoyed and angry at Haruta, for not recognizing her real intentions.

"Oh! really! But from what I know about you, you have always ran from school and came to me saying that you came to see me. So there no way that I would think of another reason for you to visit me."

Haruta said. Seeing him act like that Sheela, became even more annoyed. She said:

"Whatever, if you don't want me here then I am going back. You don't have to make excuses to make me leave."

Sheela turned around and walked away. But when she heard his words, she smiled as if it worked according to her plan.

"Okay! okay! Don't get angry now. Come on in. I will make you some tea."

Haruta said while sighing. He could not anger his only friend now, could he?

Sheela turned around and could not help but smile more widely when she saw his face. She said:

"Hmph!! ..... you should have done that from the start. Now I am hurt. How are you going to compensate for it?"

Haruta raised his eye-brows and thought:

'This girl is too cunning. She might eat me alive in the future.'

(Not 'that one'. He meant he might go bankrupt.)

They both walked toward one of the rooms in front of them. This room had a dinning table and on the the other side of the room was the kitchen. Sheela sat on one of seats and Haruta went to make some tea for her.

"So... Why did you come here?"

Haruta said while he came with a tray with a teapot and 2 cups. There was also a plate full of biscuits.

"I came to tell you in the next week our annual exams are coming. There will be a mock battle among the students of each class. Our winning steak will determine whether we will soldier or just civilian. I have also heard that outstanding soldiers will be selected in a special squad."

1