Chapter 10
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I came to tell you in the next week our annual exams are coming. There will be a mock battle among the students of each class. Our winning steak will determine whether we will become a soldier or remain a civilian. I have also heard that outstanding soldiers will be selected in a special squad."

Sheela said excitedly. She was anticipating this competition too much.

Hearing her saying about the mock battle, Haruta reacted a little. He asked:

"Oh! Isn't this the battle which they started in the recent years?"

"Yes! It's that one. They say that powerful and good elemental controller will easily be able to become a high rank soldier."

Sheela said. She was so excited that she was fidgeting a little.

"Hmm.... A mock battle is a good way to show the strength and get recommended. But why are so excited? I mean.....Aren't you already powerful and resourceful, being the daughter of the village chief?... Why do you want to get recommended as a soldier?"

Haruta was confused at the thoughts of this girl. After all, who wouldn't?

"You don't understand!!!... I want to control my own destiny. I don't want to just become a pawn for someone to ascend the seat of chief. I want to live my own life. Even if I have to fight everyone."

Haruta was amazed at the determination of Sheela. He was feeling a little strange in his heart. It was like...he was starting to like her more. But he quickly shook his head and thought:

'She is really different from me. I don't have the same determination as her. I don't even have power to speak for myself.... Well,it does not matter.'

Haruta was brought out of his thoughts by Sheela's yell:

"Hey! Are you listening to me?.... I am talking to you..."

"Hmm.... What did you say?"

"Mou... Haru!!.... Why are you like this? I going to get angry at you."

"Okay! Okay! Please tell me, what were you talking about?"

Haruta said to Sheela. He knew she would get even more annoying when gets angry, so he tried ease her anger while sighing inwardly.

Sheela dismissed her other thoughts when he asked her about what she was talking about.... She said:

"Hey! Haru! ..... I was just saying, why don't you grant me one wish when I win the mock battle? I think it will be even more exciting."

Haruta looked at her as if she was an idiot. He said while shaking his head:

"And why should I grant you one wish at your winning? It does not benefit me in anyway at all...."

"What do you mean by that? Could it be that you don't want to except this request of mine..... I thought we were friends for life."

Sheela said making a 'fake' crying face which annoyed Haruta. He shook his head again and said:

"Okay! Okay! Just don't make that kind of face... But just so you know I wont do something excessive. I will only except the request which I find possible. If I say no, then you can't ask me that request again."

"Okayyyy!!!!..... Then I will win this competition. Oh! I have to go home now it's getting late."

Sheela said and stood up as if she already won the competition. After saying that she had to go, she went toward the gate while Haruta was left at the dining room alone. He shook his at Sheela's behavior because he knew that her fiance was powerful then her and there were many students like her (equal in strength) in the class. He knew that this competition will not be easy for her.

Thinking while also following Sheela. He saw her off and closed the gate.

1