Chapter 12
14 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A young man with black hair and handsome face was lying on his bed. The room he was in was not a comfortable one but still good enough to spend he night in. The room contained a shabby bed, a small steel trunk, and other everyday equipment.

Haruta was looking toward the ceiling of his while lying. He was wearing his usual shabby clothes. His face showing calmness under the light of lamp.

Haruta was thinking about the things that happened last week. His father started to talk to him, usually he didn't, about everyday life. During the talk, he would ask him about his day, his goal in life and other similar things. But since, Haruta didn't have anything in his mind about this stuff he had to made things up to satisfy. Haruta was seeing strange emotion in his father's eyes, which almost looked like guilt or pity. This made him uncomfortable because he didn't know the reason for his father's behavior.

Due to his father's initiative, his brother and mother, who always tied to mess up his life, had to cool down a bit. Their behavior didn't improve though. But that didn't matter to him. It not as though he was carving for their love. Also, he knew that if it wasn't for his father, those two would have thrown him out of the house.

Haruta suddenly thought about the bet he had with Sheela. He didn't know clearly but he knew that she was planning something. He didn't dislike it though even though it was strange for her to ask something. She didn't came after their meeting a week before. He knew that she must be working hard and training to improve and therefore, didn't came.

*Sigh*

Haruta thought about tomorrow and sighed. Since, he had to go see her matches tomorrow, he decided it was time to sleep. He will wake up early, do the usual but fast and in afternoon will go watch the match. Usually, in these kind of events, food was provided. Therefore, he didn't needed to make lunch. Almost, everyone in the village will be present. After all, who would miss such exciting event. Haruta closed his eyes, laid in a comfortable position and went to sleep.

______+++++______

*Bang*...*Bang*...*Bang*

Sounds of fireworks, and cheers from the crowd could be heard all around the island. Many woke up early, and prepared themselves for the event. Some opened their shops, some with their carts, laid with fruits and veges, walked toward the main market. Many women did the chores of their houses. The whole village was more energetic than usual.

Haruta also did his things. Since, he woke up early, all that was left was to clean the taken rooms. He made breakfast for his 'mother' and 'brother'. Since, his father didn't came last night. There were only those two in the house other than him. He left their breakfast on the table and was waiting for them to wake up. Suddenly,

*Knock*...*Knock*...*Knock*

Knocking was heard on the door. The voice on the door was almost non-existence as if the person wanted to hear the voice himself. However, since he heard it, Haruta decided to check things out.

Haruta walked to the door and opened it. In front of him was a girl with angel-like face with pale-skin and red hair. She had her usual cheerful attitude.

"Hey! I came to get you."

2