Chapter 14
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Through the broad road, which like a long snake without end, Haruta and Sheela were walking side by in the market place. There were shops and carts containing fruits, vegetables, tools, equipment of every kinds. Shopkeepers voicing out loud, telling the costumers about their products and attracting them.

Sheela accompanying Haruta was walking along the road. Since, Haruta was not a talkative kind, Sheela had to talk all the while. His handsome face along with Sheela's were attracting attention. This was also the reason that Haruta didn't liked the crowded places. Due to his situation, he was already in the eyes of many. So, when he come out in the open like this, he easily attracts attention. Also the village didn't think good of the cripple. So, the eyes on him, didn't had any good will in them. They were always filled with scowl and unpleasantness.

Haruta was sighing in his heart. He was used to the looks of masses. He was worried that Sheela might do something. But when he looked at her, he saw that she wasn't even paying attention to it. She was just looking straight and thinking about something else.

Haruta was surprised by her behavior. Usually, she would do something that would attract everyone around her. But today, surprisingly, she was just ignoring everyone around her. It was as though she didn't wanted to attract more attention and was walking fast.

Haruta suddenly noticed something. He said to Sheela:

"Hey! Weren't we going toward the shrine? This path looks like the path to your home. Are we going to your house now? Even though, you don't have a mother at home, waiting. Your father might still be there. He will get angry when he sees you like this."

Haruta said that because he noticed that they had changed their direction. Since, Sheela was walking in the front, he didn't think much of it. But he was getting a little worried about her. She was acting really strange today.

Hearing Haruta, Sheela slowed her speed a little. She looked towards him and gave a beaming smile.

"Haru!! I just remembered that there was something I wanted to show you. It is really important. So, I thought that I shall take you my home with me and then we will go towards the shrine. As for my father, he went out for a mission today. I mean... he went with the soldiers outside the village. So, you don't have to worry about me getting caught by him."

Sheela gave a reassuring smile to Haru-kun. She wanted him to feel at ease and don't worry about her well being.

Haru-kun after hearing her calmed a bit. He knew that she wouldn't do anything to hurt him. He also knew that if she decided something she will do it. She was, after all, the daughter of the chief of the village.

Haruta then stopped questioning her and decided to silently follow her.

"Haru!!.. Do you know about the person who killed people?"

Suddenly, Sheela asked Haruta a question which surprised him.

"Yeah... Who in the village wouldn't know about about him. He killed many people outside the island. Because of him, we are hiding from them. Why do you ask?"

Haruta asked her. He was interested in the question she asked. Because her question just came out of blue, he was surprised.

Sheela stopped at looked at him. She looked into his eyes sternly as if looking at something. After a while she sighed and mumbled:

"You really don't know huh..!!"

She looked at him and said:

"I will tell the real story about it."

1