Chapter 18
17 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hm... You guessed half of it right, the part 'the sword was a secret project'. But the part 'the books all talk about that sword' was wrong. The things written in those books is not the details of the project. Then things written in them is the history."

"History?!"

Haruta said, confused by her words.

"Yes... In these books, is life story of the people who were the chiefs of their clans. The thing is... our village is made up different clans. Many of the experts died because of 'that sword'. Therefore, reducing their numbers. So, they came under a same flag. They are just the left overs from their original clans."

Sheela then went toward a book and opened it. She then said while still looking:

"The original people or the real experts from their clans were of a higher tier compared to those left here. They were powerful and had a large area under their names. They were reputable people and were considered lords of their lands."

Sheela then showed the book to Haruta. He looked at it and red the words:

'16/7/705

I just captured a huge blue-horned whale. I am considered a powerful 'water element' controller now.'

'Blue-horned whale?!?!...'

Haruta had never heard of such monster before. It was not that the people of the village didn't hunt the monsters in the sea. It was just that the monsters killed or hunted by them seemed mediocre in the eyes of these lords. They didn't even bother to include such monsters in their books.

Sheela then said:

"They then did something that ended-up becoming their doom. They collaborated with other clans to form a creature that could control every element. They thought they could control it and rule the world. But the creatures they experimented, all ended-up dead. These creatures could not handle the power."

"In the end, they experimented on humans. They results were not any better. All of the people died, except one person. But the survived person did not have any control over any element. He was as good as any cripple."

"However, that person was not really a cripple. That person had developed a resistance to other elements. But no one knew about it before an accident happened."

Sheela then walked to the last book on the left and lifted it in her hands.

"And that resulted in their deaths".

1