Ominous
1.2k 14 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Verine my little Verine don't worry mother will protect you" Ela or her full name Elara Ortan the queen of Okbar kingdom whispered to my ear as she was desperate to hold her sorrow inside but I could still feel it through her voice she was truly saddened by me not being able to see.

But it seems I am not completely blind, I can still make out the general shape of a person I am looking at but all I see is a cloudy shape no eyes no nothing just a blue cloud.

My mother Ela cradled me in her arms every day my father the king Varlon or Var as mother called him came by every day but he never stayed long, he would always make some stupid jokes that were not funny at all but it would seem Ela would forget her worries and sadness and laugh, it would seem my family in this world is kind and loving, unlike my las...

No, let's forget about my last life it would do me no good to dwell on the past but the only thing that I can't forget is my little ones every time I remember they are alone now that I am gone I feel sad.

"Oh, Verine what's wrong does it hurt somewhere?" Ela was probably startled by the sour mood  I displayed in front of her damn it, I made a mistake because now she will prob...

"Nana call the doctor!" yeah I was right this happens every time I make a saddened face.

The doctor huffed and came closer to me in order to examine me it has been like this since I was born what is it now two weeks ago? Maybe I lost track of time.

The doctor placed his hand on my stomach and I could feel something entering my body it was warm and gentle? Yes, that is the feeling I remember Ela mentioning something about magic this was probably it, healing magic perhaps?

As I thought about the very notion of magic the good old doctor spoke in his tired voice, "your majesty there is nothing to worry about there is nothing wrong with the princess" the doctor placed me back into Ela's hands and made a notion with his body it looked like a bow as that is what it seemed like to me since they are all grey clouds.

"Thank Velisandra you are okay!" Ela hugged me tightly it felt like I was going to be crushed but I made no complaint because it would only make the same thing happen repeatedly.

"Ah that's right Verine its time for you to eat!" she exclaimed happily...oh no now this was the only thing that truly made me feel dread, I still can't describe how it feels but I hate it every time...despite my protest with hands I was forced to suckle.

After eating till full I was once again placed into my what I assume crib and gently covered with a blanket, Ela as always wanted to stay with me but she was summoned by some kind of a council, she would always click her tongue when she heard that she was needed.

And now here I am alone in my room again but not truly alone am I, forcing myself with great strength well for a baby I was able to turn myself on my stomach as I did small green clouds came from under the bed and they nuzzled against my face like puppies. But I knew what they were and I was happy beyond anything.

Yes, they were scorpions my new little ones it seems but this time there are so many of them and I can touch them as much as I want and it would seem that makes them happy as well.

I would seem that being the child of a scorpion god has its benefits. I chuckled inside as I continued to pet the nearby scorpions, I remember the first time I saw them they were hiding they didn't want to be seen it seemed.

But as soon as the adults left they crawled closely towards my crib to be completely honest I didn't know what they were at first but when they touched my arm I knew it immediately and one word floated in my head  "family" and then day after day more and more came and it seems that they always stayed attached to the bottom of my crib like they were guarding me.

While I was still playing with my little ones I heard a door opening slowly, I quickly looked towards the little ones and as if understanding me they all crawled quickly in other to hide some under the blanket some under the bed and some even went under my pillow, god I hope no one sees them I don't want anyone to hurt them.

Anyway back to the interloper that invaded my happy time, I turned my head towards the sound of footsteps I wanted to know which made came in as they always do when Ela is not around.

But I was surprised to see that it was not a grey or blue cloud that greeted me but an ominous red one.

"Oh my" 


AN: So sorry for not releasing for this long some real-life stuff happened and I was not able to release anything or write at all :\

But the good news is the story is not dead although a short chapter hope you like it :)!

 

30