Chapter 7 Battle of Dorus Part 1
209 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Dorus High Command Froze as they didn't know who would have come from Terra, the Dungeon had already shown it's hostility towards the inbound Dungeons but who?

They got their answer when two people kicked in the doors to the Command room, followed by four other troopers.

The Uniforms they wore was good looking flak armour that covers their chests and a helmet, U.N.S.C. is written on the front of their armour.

The guns they had was most likely automatic weapons.

We all look at each other waiting for something to happen.

Step, step, step, step, step.

The sounds of someone walking echoes from down the hallway...

after more steps a woman comes into the room, her uniform was a naval dress white... nothing special about it other than the Rank marks on her shoulder.

"Who is the Commander of Dorus?" she asks.

Everyone looks at her then at me... Cowards don't even take one for the team...

She looks at me expectantly, I guess she wants me to introduce myself... "I am Commander Luke... the Leader of the Dorus Defence since the founding of the City."

She walks over to me, "My name is Captain Jackie of the UNSC Terra, and were here to assist Dorus in her Defence." She presents her hand out to me, I grasps it and we shake hands.

"Wait?" one of my aids says, "She's the Captain, then she the leader of that player guild that has been killing people as they get far into the Dungeon." I see a smile forming on her face.

"You are wrong my good sir... I am the Captain of the Terra because she is my Dungeon and I her... one of her Avatars, you can check by trying to log out."

Everyone does and faces pale in the room... I sore this coming when she first arrived I checked if I could, but failed.

"I never had... or seen a Avatar leave it's Dungeon before."

"Well Terra is special. Do you think I am an AI?"

"No, only a Cocky player asks that... Are you that hacker that made that dungeon?"

"Nope. Also If I was a Hacker from your world... where would I get enough information to make all the shit you have seen us use."

Hold the fuck up? 'Also If I was a Hacker from your world' Hold on that sentence means more then what was said... From your world...

"Are you telling me that your not from our world? And I don't mean the Game world?" I ask unsure what to think.

Her smile grew wider, "You are good, your aids are still finding the meaning of my words... what I am willing to say is that... me, my other Avatar still on board my ship appeared here, as a Dungeon and with some trial and error we manage to get ourselves free from the mountain... dealt with your air force, Sorry about that. Then made that threat to your city for our safety so that other nations don't try dumb shit."

"But." her smile faltered. "When we arrived all my crew were gone and so was the enemy boarding us other then the only other one aboard Terra... and before you ask the men in here with guns are monsters. Imitations of my crew." she let out a deep sigh, "While this might be a game to you this is my reality..."

"How many?" I ask carefully.

"Before or after?"

"Before." 

"Terra was launched with a crew count of 2200... but their was only about 500 when this happened."

"What happened to the other 1700?" I shouldn't have asked... her frown deepened and walked to the window in the room. 

A deep sigh escapes her lips, "I sent them to die in battles that was lost from the start... The Battle of Harvest. Five Fucking years... then The Battle of Reach... god only knows if the Autumn survived..." Jackie started getting chocked with tears forming in her eyes

I don't press further, even I can hear the deep sorrow in her voice I was unsure if she is a good actor or has seen it happen, unfortunately for me an Aid did.

"And do you expect us to believe that?"

"What was the deadliest war in your History?" She ask back while not even looking at him, she wasn't angry but it was obvious where this was going.

"The deadliest you would know it too, stop this charade!"

"Humor me then." She started tracing her finger on the glass while looking at her ship... She looked up at the ship with a distant child like wonder... As if the last time she did this action was during a happier time.

"The first galactic conflict which killed nearly a billion people across the galaxy, what do you have, More made up numbers!"

"Just pathetic..." She says in a Hushed voice, before turning a fire burning in her eyes and a voice that made everyone take a step back, "HAVE YOU HAD YOUR COLONIES GLASSED! TURNED INTO MOLTEN ROCK BY ALIENS THAT DON'T SEE YOU AS SOMETHING MORE THAN BUGS TO BE EXTERMINATED FROM THE GALAXY SO THEY CAN GO ON THEIR GREAT JOURNEY TO BECOME GODS? NO! THEN YOU HAVEN'T SEEN MY WAR!"

She takes a deep breath to calm herself down... The fire was still in her eyes but it was clear a nerve was struck.

"23 billion was the last count of the Civilian losses... and we are still counting the military losses... and this fucking war isn't even over... not to my knowledge. My home world was Glassed in front of me... Friends, Family... Loved ones gone. And what do you have? My ship has seen more conflict then most of the Ships in your real fleet... it is pathetic to think that I am stuck in a fucking Video game with people that can respawn and yet if my Core is destroyed I will die... I would rather die in orbit of Earth or ram my ship into a Covenant warship... then die in a fucking game..."

Jackie turns away tears had started flowing down her cheeks the room goes silent and we allow her to calm herself down... I look at her reflection in the glass and I see that she was looking down at her sidearm... The face she show was, 'Is it worth it? Should I go on with this? What's the Point?' but she sighs and holsters her pistol.

"Captain Jackie, I wish for your support in Dorus's defence." I say.

"Good, I didn't have to do plan B." The Troopers in the room stand down, leave the room and close the doors.

I don't ask, or plan to... About plan B, "What can you do to help us?"

"Terra will lure the last Dungeon away and engage it before it can do anything, while our forces will be deployed on the ground to engage the Guilds... in regards to them we'll wait for your forces to make contact first, then I land mine behind them, thus encircling them so that we may wipe them out."

"Aren't you worried about our men shooting yours?" My Vice-Commander asks, raising a good point.

"And? They can be respawned... and that sucks to say... but my monsters are expendable, More loot for the players but that is for after the show, something to concern ourselves later"

"But they have armour and mechanized assets do you have anti-tank?" the Aid that argued with her snorted.

She smiles, "I do have AT, I also have MBTs that are at least... 1945... 1975... 2050... at least 168 years more advanced then those antiques that the guilds have. Also my snipers use Anti-Material Rifles which is more than enough to destroy a half-tracks engine."

"Anything else?" I ask the room.

My Vice opens his mouth then shuts it.

"Yes?" Jackie asks, "I'm open to Questions."

"It's not important."

"We have half a day before Terra starts luring away The Kobolt Kingdom, so what is it?"

"You know this is a game world... and so you know the concept of the livestream yes?"

"What do they want to know?"

"What does UNSC stand for?"

"United Nations Space Command or UNSC for short and before they ask, the UNSC came about due to an Emergency by insurgents in the outer colonies... and then the Covenant showed up declared a holy war and started systemically glassing human worlds looking for artifacts of some alien race that has been dead for some time, but that's me conducing it down and I don't know the end of the war since its still going... and I'm not willing to answer more about the war... to many lost friends. Anything else?"

"Most are asking what destroyed the two other Dungeons."

Jackie flashed a smirk... "Those were MACs or Magnetically Accelerated Cannons... basically I fired two rocks going near light speed... but those are the Medium MACs... the Heavy MACs our Capital ships or orbital platforms have are deadlier."

I clap my hands, "Okay lads back to the Roleplay... Eeh you know what I mean."

"I know what you mean... Okay ladies back to work." Jackie says to the room and everyone returns to their jobs, some slower then others.

As we work for the next few hours.

One of the Troopers walks in with a Radio and passes it to Jackie... "This is Jackie to Terra, send, over."

"This is Terra to Jackie. We are starting to Lure away the Kobolt Kingdom, Copy, over."

"I copy Terra prep ground forces, over."

"Roger Jackie, Terra over and out."

"Roger Terra, Jackie over and out."

..

.

"Who was that?" Vice asked.

"That was the other Avatar, formally an enemy, but that's a story for another time."

The Terra slowly pulled away from Dorus as she dragged the last dungeon away from it's original course and started to follow Terra...

Two more hours later the Guilds engaged the Dorus Defences and Jackie left since her being in the same room as the rest of the Command staff unnerved them... She and her men took the Pelican on top of the tower and flew towards the battle, merging with the six other Pelicans filled with Marines, Insurgents, Grunts and Jackals and three Challenger 3A3s. 

4