Chapter 8 Battle of Dorus Part 2
219 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

---Jackie POV---

I move into the cockpit of the Pelican and speak into the COMM's to the other Pelicans and the Tanks.

"Ladies and Gentlemen and whatever the gender the Covenant are... My Name is Jackie your flight Captain this evening the in-flight plan to night... is we are landing behind the Guild Forces and crushing them against Dorus and if Dorus can't hold them then it's their fault..." I hear some chuckles from my and other Pelicans... "Okay now when we land your free to engage any targets... Challengers Engage the Tiger twos first then fire at your own digression..." The Tank commanders give me their affirmatives, "And lastly deal with any infantry with Anti-Tank... I am unsure what to expect, But this... WILL BE TERRA'S BAPTISM BY FIRE!"

We enter the Combat Zone low and fast flying over both allied and enemy forces... An explosion rocks the one I'm in.

"MAY DAY MA....." one of the Pelican squawks.

"Pelican Four is down." I hear another Pelican call out, "She Crashed into the middle of enemy forces her Challenger is active."

"This is Challenger Three of Pelican Four, We are still alive but we've lost our Tracks, Engaging the Enemy forces with the Survivors of Pelican four, Copy over." I hear the Tank Commander say into the radio.

I Grab the Radio, "We Copy Give them Hell Challenger Three!"

After a few hundred meters the Pelicans start landing operations a touch and go landing.

The Doors open and everyone runs out, Challenger One and Two start engaging the Enemy Tanks and slowly advance as we form up behind them the Jackals on the Tanks sides using their shields to help us keep spacing without being out of cover.

The last of the men exit the Pelicans and they are returning to Terra...

As I watch them one is hit on it's front left engine and it falls towards a group of bunched up half-tracks.

..
.

"Lets get Moving!" I order the men around me... the Jackals and the troops with them rush ahead of the Tanks...

The Jackals brace for incoming fire but their is not enough to break the shielding and those that shot at them get picked off by DMR and Sniper fire...

"This... Chall… Three... Setting… Charges!" I hear that was Challenger Three... Setting Charges?

A large explosion comes from where Pelican four was, then it clicked... 'This is Challenger Three Setting off Charges'... They used the thermite grenades to set off the munitions in the tank.

"KEEP FIRING!" I order...

The fire from the Two remaining Challengers almost doubles and their speed. Some of the Marines and Insurgents get onto the engine decks of the Tanks racing forward and enter brawling range with the Guild Tanks.

Me and my Command staff rush to catch up. The men equipped with Assault Rifles and Grenades finally engage the bewildered enemy... I look over the battle field towards Dorus and I can see the Signal coming from the Command tower... They ordered the charge...

"FOR THE UNSC TERRA!" I yell at the top of my lungs and rush forward, Handgun drawn and knife out.

"HURRAH! HURRAH! HURRAH! HURRAH!" Answers me and the rest of the Troops with me rush Forward.

I see a woman with a bazooka aiming at one of the Challengers, I fire two shots hitting her making her drop it, I follow up by tackling her assistant and dig my knife into his neck.

I pick up that bazooka... I had never used one at all I aim at a T-34 trying to get onto Challenger Two's flank I fire slamming it in the side armour and it's turret is sent flying as all the Ammo held with in explodes at once.

I look astounded to the sight but something hits me in the side of the face, I brace myself as I hit the ground, I look back and see a Stellar Marine officer who hit me with his rifle's butt, he turns his weapon around to shoot me but several Needles hit him, I brace and cover my ears as the Needles from a Needler explodes vaporizing his upper torso... dropping his Gun.

I hear the ringing as the proximity of the explosion raddled me...

I look around...

I see a King Tiger be destroyed as a Grunt had gotten onto it's engine and whipped out two plasma grenades blowing them both up...

Another direction...

I see a UNSC Combat Medic try to save a wounded comrade to be killed as a grenade lands next to them and the wounded soldier grabs it and holds it to his chest saving the other wounded and the Medic...

Another direction...

Four people from the Guilds fight pushed back to one of their APCs, to have a White phosphorus shell explode near them burning them alive...

Another direction...

A Sherman Easy 8 Fires hitting the Engine of Challenger One, the Engine Explodes but the Turret turns and fired destroying the Sherman in a instant before the rest of the tank is engulfed in flames...

I look around myself and find that while I was looking around lost, three Jackals took up a defensive formation around me and another Combat Medic was Wrapping my head because it was bleeding... Two other soldiers were firing over the Jackal shields...

"Madam!" I hear someone yell at me but it was so quiet, I turned to see it was the Medic talking to me, "Can you hear me!" I nod weakly, shaken at what I had seen... "We need to get you out of here!"

"NO!" I shout startling the Medic, "I will not run while my men die!" I put my hands on the Soldier's kit in front of me and use it to pull myself up... The Medic grabs my arm and pulls me up as well... "Help that one!" I point at the medic who had just lost a Comrade to a Grenade, he gives me a once over and runs off... "ADVANCE!" I order my shield wall and we slowly advance forward.

My Radio operator arrives by my side, "Madam! We are down to less them 30 people and Challenger Two has been immobilized but is still fighting... And worse the troops from Dorus are refusing to help Dungeon Monsters." I stop... tears form in my eyes... I know that they aren't real but I feel responsible for them...

I turn to him... "Tell the Crew of the Challenger to destroyed their tank and pull back... See that downed Pelican." I point to the Pelican that Crashed into the Half-Tracks, he nods... "That is the Rally Point and I want all forces at that point NOW!" he relays my orders and slowly forces pull back to my position, the crew of Challenger Two arrive missing their Commander... 

BOOM

A Massive explosion happens where the Terra and the Kobalt Kingdom was at the Operator gives me some good news, "Luna Says that Terra has destroyed the Dungeon with two Cruise Missiles."

"Tell them to Get Back here!" I Order.

I feel betrayed... My legs feel suddenly very weak I collapse, I vomit... over and over until I dry reach... I look at my hands they were shaking they were covered in blood.

"Momma!" I hear near me...

I see an Insurgent with a bad gut wound , I crawl over to him and look at the two Medics both shake their heads.

"Momma?" He noticed me and asked...

"Yes it's me!" I say as I grab his out reached hand.

"Did I do good?" he asks tears forming in his eyes.

"Yes you did dear!"

"Did I save my Home? Did I save Terra?" he asks Tears falling from his eyes.

"Yes dear you did!" I reply tears falling from my eyes hitting the man's face...

"Please don't cry Momma... We are... Just your Monsters..." He says as he wipes a tear from my face before the hand I held fell limb and the hand the corseted my face fell to his side...

"Dear?" I ask, My Radio operator checks the mans pulse and shakes his head and closes his eyes...

I don't know... Sadness gave way to Anger, I stand up and walk over to the hull of the crashed Pelican and release my stress... I punched, kicked I did what I could before collapsing again...

I lean my back against it and open my eyes, everyone was looking at me for a few seconds and then went back to work... "Madam?" I hear a weak voice... I look up and see a Marine that was missing his leg below the knee, I crawl over to him... he grabs my shoulder... and looks me dead in the eyes and says, "Madam we may be Imitations of your former crew but we will fight just as hard to defend Terra, but we are your Monsters your new crew we all knew what would have happened when You and Vince summoned us.... Don't hold yourself accountable please if you do, do it after the battle..." He collapses I check his pulse and find none I close his eyes he had a smile on his face, and it hits me this was one of the Men in the Command room when we confronted Dorus High Command.

Something else clicked I was their Commanding Officer and that they knew that they would die... I didn't know what to think... I failed to lead them... but they don't hold it against me... They knew...

I spend I don't know how long comforting the wounded troops the Medics couldn't save...

by the time I checked again once we had started with 27 at my Rally point and now was 8... My Radio Operator, two insurgents, two of the four crew from Challenger Two, a medic, a Jackal and I... we are all that was left of 102... the plan hinged on Dorus not being fucktards but now...

I look out and I can see since the Players from Dorus allowed the Guilds to escape... Failures all of them...

"Radio!" I shout, the Operator arrives I order him to patch me with Dorus High Command and he patches me through... "So someone can't control their troops!" I said both tired and somewhat defeated...

"And we Defeated the Enemy!" I hear the Cunt that argued with me.

"And what if they come back? My ship won't be here forever... Cunt."

"How da-" I cut him off.

"You know What! I'm going back to my Ship and Firing Two FUCKING MAC ROUNDS INTO YOUR CITY BEFORE WE LEAVE! SO THE GUILDS DON'T HAVE TO FINISH THE JOB!"

I order the Operator to change the frequency to the Terra, "Terra hold back!" I order.

"Why?" Vince's voice comes back...

"Dorus has no need for our protection!"

"What happened?"

"While you had done your job with luring the Dungeon away Dorus Back stabbed me and all most all of the forces that were sent to flank the Guilds was lost... I watched so many die... Vince I saw the Fear... the Terror of Death... in their eyes... And you know what they wanted to know?"

"What?" Vince's concerned voice entered my ears... I had never heard his voice with so much emotion... I could hear the concern, the sadness and sympathy…

"They asked if they saved their Home? If they saved the Terra and I don't know... If I lied to them or not... I just don't know!" I start crying again, the Medic grabs me to make sure I don't collapse...

"Luna Hold this Position! I'm Going down there, Summon All Squads to Defend the Terra! And tell me when the MACs are ready!" I hear Vince's anger come through...

BANG

The Radio Operator lurches forward and fall face first into the ground a bullet hole in his Radio pack...

I turn raise my handgun and fire two shots hitting one of the Players from Dorus.

"Scrunch For Ammo! We need to wait for Evac!" I order my senses returning to me...

The men get to as ordered... I tell the Jackal to stick to the Medic and cover him with his life.

I grab the Operator's Assault Rifle the grip was still warm... and his ammo my remnants of my forces start engaging Dorus's Forces... 

It was slow we had no idea when Vince would arrive and ammo was running dry... the Tank crew were the first to die... Grenade... Next was the Jackal and Medic... Rocket launcher...

The Insurgents and I had pulled back to the furthers cover from Dorus which was a Sherman that was knocked out...

"Miss?" I look up from my sitting position behind the Sherman... it was a Young woman looking down at me with a kind smile...

"Yes?" I asked... not knowing why she was even bothering to talk we had dozens of players shooting at us...

"We could surrender?" she offers... "This is hopeless if we throw up our arms maybe they may give us mercy..." It was clear her morale had wavered... "I know what I am asking is selfish since so many had died but why should we keep dying for an operation that has failed…"

"Do you agree?" I ask the other Insurgent with us... he looked like someone's grandpa looks at me then her and then at the forces coming to us... he reluctantly nods... "Then Toss your weapons into their line of sight." I toss my sidearm and assault rifle out from behind of the Sherman, the two insurgents do the same... Sorry Vince

We step out hands raised over our heads...

The players look at us for a few seconds... before mowing down the two insurgents at my sides I look back the woman's face read... Well shit... And the grandpa's said... I told you so...

"Why?" I ask the players.

"Why what?" One of them ask me.

"Why did you not attack? When Command ordered?"

"We're never told we had to fight for no damn monsters... And now since we have also wiped out Your guild of Traitor Players..."

He walks to me draws his sidearm and aims it at my Forehead... "Any last words?"

"My Monsters are more Human then the players are." The Statement confuses him, I grab his arm push my back against him and pull him over twisting his arm and braking it as he its the ground... I kick him in the head, I follow by grabbing his collar and punch him, I saw red after the first punch... I don't know how long I was punching him but when I looked down at his dead body his face was caved in, my hand  and wrist was broken... my forearms was so bloody... I pick up his sidearm with my good hand and aim for the rest of the players.

"Sleep!" I hear Vince and fall into his arms... so comfy... so sleepy...ZZZZ  

5