Just another day?
1.7k 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Ring* *Ring* *RING*

"Ummm mmmmm, just a little more....

Someone wake up at the horrible sound of his phone alarm and with a swift move that has been practiced hundreds of times him he  turns it off.

*Ring* *Ring* *RING*

2 more minutes pass , but he still hasn't moved from his comfy bed. He lay there for two more minutes for no peculiar reason, but just because he was lazy and during those two minutes he just stared towards the ceiling.

*Sigh* 

"I hate this.... really....

' If I was one of the seven sins I would surely be sloth, doing nothing and just being content. '

"Who am I kidding....ngaaaaa..

Finally, he wake up from his comfy bed like a zombie out of his grave and decide and decided on his next move, breakfast . He went to the fridge, foud two eggs in it.

' Eggs huh....

 Well, it could be worse.'

He cracked them on a non stick pan and fried them on the highest setting . He took two pieces of bread and some cheese and  ate them in a hurry because today was Friday and last he checked friday was a school day.

After the quick breakfast he got dressed, packed his bag and went to school. 

' Looking forward to another slow and boring day today.'

*Sigh*

.......

As our protagonist was walking to his destination he was lamenting his boredom not knowing his life was about to change soon enough. Our protagonist was not someone looking for revenge, not someone with a sick mother sister or brother, not someone with any special talent or ability. 

He was just a very common young man attending a mediocre university that you could just find anywhere that he didn't hate, but I don't like it either.

He was completely normal, except for one thing. It's not like he had any disability, but it's just that he didn't think like everyone else. His thought process may seem immature to others, even stupid for someone his age, but he couldn't just change even though that would mean he would fit in.

Maybe it was his fondness for anime, manga and novels that has pushed him from his peers, but as much as he wanted to fit in  he couldn't just turn a new leaf and forget about them.

.....

"It seems like I survived another day in boredom town , but what is the point?"

After a long day at school he just went home to relax. There he found his mother, a woman in her late forties with shoulder length curly brown hair and his father who just turned fifty last year. He just looks like your average man of his age, about 178 cm tall with a growing beer belly. He liked to eat ,drink and smoke even when the doctor recommended him to stop doing both.

Just as he was  about to put down hi school bag he heard his father. He didn't take his eyes of the TV.

" Son, how was school today?"

' Here we goooo....

"Fine, it was just fine, nothing new."

"Have you heard anything about this semester's exams?"

"Yeah , they are going to be next month."

"You've better start preparing early if you are going to get a good grades."

Just as he was about to answer  he heard his mother speaking from the kitchen.

"Honey you're home?"

"Yeah I just arrived."

"Good, wash your hands and sit down because I just finished cooking."

After that short conversation came a normal lunch with small talk about a lot of things like politics, work, some news and other stuff. After that uneventful lunch he took a small break after which he start doing my homework.

*Sigh*

' I can't seem to concentrate...

He look down at his half finished homework and just decide to call it quits for today.

‘I will just copy it from someone from class.'

After that he reached for his phone, open yo*tube and just watched any interesting video he could find. He also alternated  with reading a web novel he had found yesterday. After that he ate dinner, watch some TV and go to sleep around 1 am, closing his eyes after another normal day.

It was funny and sad at the same time that the only time he felt like he was alive was when he was about to fall asleep.

.....

While he was asleep a power that didn't belong to this world begun to move like a hungry cloud of locust devouring everything in its path until it suddenly stopped.

There, in the unfathomable abyss, before it stood a globe surrounded with a blue outer layer, like a polished gem. This gem was not ordinary thing and that was clearly seen by the aura of ancients surrounding it.

After examining the blue gem for a while that power starts to churn violently and excitedly towards the gem. 

*Bam*

It surged towards the gem with a hunger like no other, trying to devour the whole gem in one fell swoop, but was stopped by the blue layer. The blue layer that surrounded the gem seemed to protect it from this unexpected predator, but not deter it.

The hungry power wasn't phased that much by its inability to devour the gem in one fell swoop and like an experienced predator started circling it ,looks for a weak point.

.....

*Bam*

*Bam*

After a long while and many failed attempts the hungry power still didn't find anything, while it was also getting smaller and smaller. The abyss was seemingly seeping away its strength. 

*BAM...

Angry that this prey before it wasn't going down like it had expected, it started prepared  for one last attack with all its power. It started to compress itself going from a seemingly gaseous substance to liquid, and then solid before turning itself into the shape of a spear . The spear was just a simple and common , but it felt like it contained in an unstoppable force.

After some time the hour of the last clash finally came and the end of the battle between the impenetrable blue shield and unstoppable ravenous spear began.

*BANGGGGG*

A loud sound was heard in that infinite abyss that seemed to stretch beyond time and space.The clash was  was over in an instant, but I'm that place it seemed to last an eternity. The shield was pierced but that didn't mean the spear had won.

The shield and spear, like weapons of the gods stood there in the abyss silent, but in a deadly deadlock. The spear had pierced, but not deep enough while the shield was shining nonstop while repairing itself and pushing the spear back.

.......

Time passed and the  the spear was about to be defeated, but before that comes a normal morning for our bored MC.

20