Test 2
307 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a while we got up and followed behind Faley. He directed us through the long corridors until we reached a set of stairs that led down.
We descended slowly until we reached a door that was guarded by two people. They had a cold demeanour and didn't even blink an eye when we came towards them.
They were definitely not simple guards judging by their aura and their armour that completely covered their body except their face. The long spears that they held in their hands emitted a cold aura that made you think twice of facing against them.
“Halt! State your purpose."
As soon as we came in a 5 m radius of them they immediately crossed their spears and asked us our purpose.
Faley took a circular token from his wide sleeves and showed it to the guards.
As soon as they saw the token they relaxed and let us through the sturdy metal door they were guarding.
We passed the gate and after walking a little more in a straight line we arrived at a huge underground cavity that seemingly was carved from human hands taking into consideration the great symmetry of it.
Faley turned his head towards me while he had his hands crossed behind his back.
“Are you surprised?
This is the storage facility of this branch of the Trinity Merchant Group that was created by the effort of numerous Earth Elementalists . This storage facility holds most of our goods that are transported through the entire empire.
A small part of this space also doubles as a training facility for our guards."
“Impressive! I wouldn't ever want to become the enemy of such a huge organization, but only a friend."
“Ha ha ha ha ....
You are a blunt one aren't you? No matter, for a successful cooperation such bluntness is appreciated."
“So, when can we start this test?"
“Right now.
Do you see that place over there? There is the training field for the guards. You will spar with Gale my personal bodyguard to prove that you really are able to hunt second grade mutant beasts."
“Fine."
I answered calmly and moved to the training field that was not far from us.
Gale the bodyguard of Faley was a tall man with a well built frame but not any type of showy muscles. He had a rough face, black eyes and sported a short hair style all-around. He had longer and thinner fingers than normal making me curious.
We came face to face and each took a stance.
“Are you ready?”
*Nod* * Nod*
“Go."
Faley gave us the signal, but neither of us took the first move.
We stared at each other trying to gauge the others power, but we surely ,were slowly approaching each other.
After about 30 seconds of circling each other the bodyguard rushed towards me like a wrestler trying to take me to the ground, but with two quick steps one to the right and one back I evaded his tackle and was about to rush towards him from his blind spot, but he immediately turned back losing all the momentum that he had built.
He thrust his open palm towards me even though we were 3 meters from each other. A formless semitransparent green energy gathered to his palm and shot towards me with incredible speed.
*BAM*
A direct hit.
I was not able to doge the attack in time and was pushed back a couple of meters by a sudden gust of wind coming from his palm.
I was pushed back a couple of meters but managed to stay in my feet by lowering my center of gravity.
I stood up and gave Gale a smile.
“So you are a wind type elementalist! Good, good I haven’t fought any wind type yet so this will be an enlightening challenge.”
“Hmph, you are taking this fight to lightly even if this is a spar and not a life and death battle. If you continue to fight with half assed resolve you will be hurt, badly.
*Smirk*
“Is that so? Then please show me the power of a wind elementalist.”
*Bang* *Bang*
*Whoosh*
I slammed booth my feet hard on the ground and gained speed immediately to rush at my opponent.
...
To the side of the sparing field where Faley and Munnji are.

“ Mr Munnji , who do you think will win this spar?”
“Hmm..

One thing that your bodyguard is that he is fast and that is a great advantage in any type of fight, but Nick is not stupid enough to not have created a plan to deal with his speed now that he has learned that his opponent is a wind type elementalist.”
“Ha ha, I think that even if he has a plan he has to first be able to catch my bodyguard, because if he cannot land any hits on him he will just turn into a punching bag for Gales long ranged elemental attacks.”
“HAHAHAHAHAAHAH...
Faley looked surprised by the sudden outbursts of laughter from Munnji.
“Is what I just said funny to you?”
“No, no it’s just that I remembered something funny just now, ha.”
.....
I rushed towards my opponent with incredible speed but he seemed to have predicted my move because he once again thrust his palms towards me, one after the other releasing two wind palms.
*Phew* *Phew*
The two wind blasts came in my direction with tremendous speed, but this time I had learned from my mistake.
I learned that although the attack was fast its power was subpar. One other glaring weakness was that the attack followed a straight line with the casters hand, so if a paid attention to his hand before he initiated the attack then I would be able to predict its trajectory and doge it.
I hoped from side to side dodging the attacks while still maintaining my speed. My path followed a zigzag pattern making hitting me hard.
I crossed the 10 meter distance in less than two seconds and did a spin maximasing my momentum before giving Gale a strong kick to his waist.
*Bang*
The sound of the hit was heard but I was not pleased.
The attack did not hit properly.
Even though my attack was perfect when my kicked hit him I felt like I was hitting something light and not a human being.
I took a closer look at Gale and discovered that around him the air was twisting and turning lifting his clothes slightly upwards.
Now I understand. Right as my kick hit him he lifted his body momentarily from the ground using his elemental energy which in return made my attack loose more than half of its power.
“ HA HA HA HA HA HA. This is getting fun.
Seeing your skill I think I’ll start to fight seriously.”

8