Prelude of Darkness 1
195 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day a messenger came to my mansion to tell me that Faley wanted to see me and told me the place and time the meeting was to be held.

“Heh, it seems that Faley won’t miss this opportunity to make money and that’s fine with me because I don't have to look for another person to do business with.”

.......

At another underground safe house of Faley.

 

“So, have you thought of my offer?”

“Yes I did and let me tell you, I’m very satisfied with the swords quality.

If you can provide me with a steady stream of weapons that are of the same quality I’m willing to give you a good deal. “

“You can be sure of that. What I’m selling you is quality and not quantity.

Then may I know what price are you willing to by my swords for?”

“After testing the swords capabilities I have estimated the price of the sword to be around 450 kils so I’m willing to buy it from you for 430 kils each.”

“Oh, that’s not a bad price at all but I have another price for you.”

Faley's face became serious.

“That is?”

“420 kils each.”

“420 is a little bit.... wait; did you just say 420 kils?”

“Yes I did. I’m offering to sell each sword to you for 420 kils each.

Why, is there a problem?”

“No...There is no problem but why are you making a lower offer instead of a higher one, it makes no sense!”

“Well let’s just say that this is a token of appreciation.

You see , I’m just a nobody in these parts and even if I have decent strength , strength is not the best solution if I’m trying to not get in the bad side of somebody annoying and I REALLY don't like unnecessary trouble.

So, I’m looking for someone to provide me with the information, money and other things that I may need, of course that in exchange for something. “

“I’m flattered by your words but I can’t accept this. 430 are a very reasonable price and both of us will be profiting enough; there is no need to...

“420, take it or leave it.”

I threw a unwavering glace at Faley and seeming no to back away from my previous offer even after Faley explained to me that there is no need to lower the price.

After a minute of silence.

“Fine, well do as you say but this is the only time this happens. I’m a merchant that has moral standards and I’m not looking to rip of my clients or suppliers.”

“He he, I understand.

You make money, I make money, you are happy, I’m happy, everybody is happy.”

“Mr Hunter you really are an uncommon man. The way you do things is.... unconventional.”

“Thanks.”

“So to commemorate this deal, how about we celebrate a little?”

*shake* * shake*

Faley took a small porcelain bottle with beautiful carvings and poured its contents into two cups and handed one of them to me.

“To money*gulp*...

“To money*gulp*...

We raised some kind of toast and drank the drink in one go.

.......

About six months passed and during these six months I had lead a peaceful life. Every day was not anymore a battle for survival but like a vacation.

During this time I continued to provide weapons to Faley and not only swords but I had started to sell him spearheads, arrowheads and shields. Because of this I had become very, very rich.

Also, during these moths I had worked in creating some new skills to make me more versatile in any situation and to train these skills I had bought three more slaves which I was training to become my personal bodyguards.

These slaves were also going to protect Rosela and Naga in the case me and Munnji were not present.

Out of these slaves two were beastfolk and one of them was a beastkin.

...

A beastkin was the hybrid between a beastfolk and a human and their appearance was a mix between the two.

While beastfolk were humanoid ,their appearance was very beastly with fur covering most of their body, claws, animal ears and sharp fangs. Instead, a beastkin was more close to a human with the only difference between them and a human was their tail and slightly sharp teeth.

Beastkin being the spawn of a human and a beastfolk were treated even more harshly than a slave. They were seen as abominations by booth species and were shunned by all.

This was made worse by the church doctrines that looked at beastkins as bringers of plagues and droughts and other things they couldn’t really explain so they the target of everyone’s pent up frustration.

Bestkin were very rare for obvious reasons and also because if a woman gave birth to a beastkin  they would most often then not abandon the child because of the stigma and few chose to keep them.

The beastkin slave I bought was the later but his story was not a happy one. When the village he was living with his beastfolk mother and human father was experiencing a drought the villagers blamed him for it and in a fit of mob mentality rage attacked and killed his parents brutally in front of his eyes but spared him.

They were afraid that if they killed him the drought they were experiencing would never go away so they just sold him to a passing slave trader.

 

 

8