End of the First Day 4
137 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" He knows human nature? 

What does that mean?"

"It means that it's  possible that he will use some underhanded tactics to break the fragile order that is currently."

" And how will he do that ?"

"*Sigh* I don't know. He could use all kinds of tactics , even ones that haven't been used before."

"I see.

Then there is no need to think more about this. "

"Yeah , that's exactly what I was thinking. Laying back and enjoying...

"I have not finished  talking yet.

We still have to discuss about what you did today. You jumped after that cloaked figure and into the middle of the opposing army.

Do you understand what you did?"

"Ughhh...

Yes I understand that but I managed to get quite a catch. If we cash in this exploit we will get the nobles off our backs.  They will still be suspecting us but not as much as before."

" No, you don't understand. You could have died.

Did you ask yourself what were you going to do  if down there were 2 or more 2nd stage elementlists?

No?

Then let me tell you. They would have ripped you to shreds. It doesn't matter if you are more powerful than each of them individually ,  if  they prevented you from climbing back up...

"I know,I know so stop nagging me."

*Bam*

Wooden splinters flew everywhere.

"NO YOU DON'T! 

If you were thinking straight for even a second you wouldn't have done something so dangerous."

*Bam*

"Fu*k I'm going out. When you get like this I can't deal with you."

"Where are you going. We aren't finished talking yet."

"I'm going to get some fresh air and calm down for a while.

Don't follow me."

"Nick..

.....

Munnji's POV

"I'm going to get some fresh air and calm down for a while.

Don't follow me."

"Nick..

Huuuu, this infuriating bastard. Why won't he listen to me."

' This is not good. I thought that after all these months he would have recovered, but from what I saw today his bloodlust has only grown.

If this continues his bloodlust will only increase and he will fight until he dies.

I won't let that happen.'

.....

*tap* *tap*

I was walking aimlessly in the almost empty roads of the city trying to calm my nerves. Munnji's words had angered me but even I don't know why I was so angry.

In the city, people had changed. The wouldn't even look at someone who they didn't know in the eyes and just move forward while keeping their head down. The shops that before had been buzzing with livelyness were now closed. 

"Hmmm....

*Tap* *Tap* *Tap*

Towards me was coming a patrol of city guards. They were a pair of four young men not even on their twenties.

I continued forward until I almost passed them. They had stopped before the door of a house band were waiting. Their faces were stern and their gaze unwavering.

*Click**Clack*

The door opened and out came a balding middle aged man. He was somewhat chubby with a beer belly and a short stature but he seemed to radiate confidence.

As soon as the man saw the four city guards on his doorstep he became displeased and his face showed it pretty clearly.

"What do you want?"

He flatly asked them without any sign of fear.

"Ughh, don't you recognize us anymore. "

"Recognize you! 

Should I ?  "

The four of the saw each other in the eyes and nodded. The tallest of them which was only about 1.80 cm took a small leather sack and handed it to the confused middle aged man.

'cling' 'cling'

The sound of  metal hitting metal was heard and then it became obvious what was inside of the leather sack.

Money.

The middle aged man hastily opened the sack and gasped. Inside it were numerous coins and most of them were gold coins. 

(In this planet the most valuable common metal was silver so silver coins were the most valuable coin a non-elementalist could obtain. After silver the most valuable was gold and then copper. The coins came in values of 1,2,5,10,20,50 and 100. Copper coins were the ones with the ones that were valued at 1,2,3,5 kils , gold coins were the ones that were valued at 10,20 kils and the silver ones were valued at 50 and 100 kils.)

The man don't know what to do or say and just stared at the money. After a while he came to his senses and blurted out.

" Are you little Kal *turn*, little Fal and also Mal and Dal. Why have you come over here and why are you handing me this money."

"So you remember us headmaster. For a moment I thought you would have forgotten us."

"Heh as if I could. You four gave me headaches everyday with your mischief. Why do you think I'm going bald even if I'm so young ,huh.

I'm certain it's from the stress you caused me."

"We're sorry about that.

Anyway, we've come to give this money to you as thanks for taking care of us for such a long time during the time we were on the orphanage."

5