Ch.30: March towards Revolution
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            “Hello everyone, I’m home!” Jago yells out walking into an abandoned warehouse. “Sorry it took so long, I had to go home and clean myself.”

In front of him, Alger and the others stand around in the middle of the room as Jago walks towards them. Alger glances at Jago and moves towards him reaching forward and grabbing Jago’s arm.

            “Stop trying to hide things.” He pulls back the Jago’s sleeve and reveals a large bruise on Jago’s arm. “If you're injured, you can tell us.”

Jago pulls back his arm. “Sorry, I didn’t want anyone to worry.”

            “Just shut up and don’t do anything stupid,” Meranda says seriously.

            “The opponent must’ve been strong to cause an injury to you,” Tad says excitedly. “I’m next, I’m heading into battle!”

            “I’ve said we wouldn’t involve ourselves with him anymore,” Jago says seriously. “We will no longer pursue that one as he wasn’t involved in Frank’s death.”

Alger stares him down. “Are you sure?”

            “Positive.”

            “Well, I trust your judgment. But why did you tell us to gather?” Alger asks.

            “Well, we can’t ignore Frank’s death, but there’s something else for us to pursue,” Jago says holding out a coin. “With these.”

            “The Phantom Coins, what about them? They’re simple power-up items to make us transform.”

Jago smirks. “No, these are housing units. If we unleashed what’s sealed within, then we can awaken to even greater feats of power.”

            “More power?” Tad asks curiously.

            “Yes. My opponent talked and spoke to his Phantom, and he used it to gain more power and grow stronger during our battle.” Jago says. “If we were to follow the same path, then…..”

            “Preposterous!” A voice yells out over a phone.

Ilena stands holding a phone walking towards the middle of the group. “He said to call him if we’d heard from Jago. I’ll hang up if he gets a little noisy.”

            “No way, there’s no way you're hanging up on me. And this talk of unsealing Phantoms is foolish on the highest scale. If they’re unsealed, there’s feedback between the Phantom and the User and with that the higher the synchro level the stronger the feedback!” The Professor yells out.

Alger stares down. “Explain yourself, Jago.”

Jago explains his battle with Tri as he tries his hardest to tell the tale without speaking of his lost. “And there you have it.”

            “A draw?” Meranda asks.

            “Yes, it was a draw.”

            “Even if he got more power from the Phantom, how does that affect us?” Alger asks.

            “Our Phantoms are sealed away and there are restraints on our Phantomizers to restrict their power more, if we have the Phantoms unsealed but still within the coin, it’s possible we could extract more power and….”

            “Again, no! With the current Dual Soul System, a bleed effect will occur that will cause mental and physical side effects. There’s no information on what will happen to you if these effects occur. And I can’t afford to lose any of you right now.

Meranda shakes her head. “Thanks, Prof, we’re really feeling the love right now.”

            “So, if we remove our restraints…” Alger says holding out his coin.

            “Alger?” Ilena asks staring at him. “Don’t do anything dangerous, we still….”

Alger pulls out a coin. “I’ve been hearing a voice whenever I hold this coin. With this I can grow stronger, can’t I?”

Alger pulls out his Phantomizer and slaps it on his arm.

            “Hey Alger, what’re you doing?” Tad asks.

            “Pursuing strength!” Alger says placing the coin.

            “Phantomize!” The watch yells out.

Everyone leaps backward as a bright light envelops Alger as they all stare at him concerned. As the light fades Alger stands in a red armor with a grey undersuit and a helmet with long red horns.

            “Alger?” Ilena asks.

            “It’s been some time since I’ve transformed,” Alger says happily. “Now I know you're there, I can feel you echoing through my head. Now come to me and let’s show everyone our strength!”

Alger holds his sword in the air as something echoes into his head.

            You’re a pretty noisy one, but no matter. I like your attitude; alright kid let’s wreck some crap!

            “Sync Up! Awaken to a new level of Fifty Percent!” The Phantomizer yells out.

Alger yells out as the grey parts of his armor shines becoming hard and rigid as steel. He stands moving his body with no resistance as he walks towards a nearby pillar. In a single blow, the pillar breaks apart into dust as he clenches his fist.

            “That’s it, that was the power that he had!” Jago yells out.

            “I hear him now. The one who grants me this power.” Alger says excitedly as his armor fades away. “My… partner.”

            “Alger!” Ilena yells out rushing to Alger’s side. “Please, please don’t do something like that again.”

            “Right. I didn’t mean to worry you.”

            “The results were inconclusive.” The Professor says over the phone. “All we have are two specimens, and one of them is Alger, who’s not the most normal sort.

            “Then let me do it!” Tad yells out. “I’ll grow stronger and….”

            “None of you are working on this experiment! If we are going to pursue this task, we’ll need other test subjects.

Alger grabs the phone. “Fine then hand us a few Phantomizers and unmodded coins. We’ll do this test and we’ll prove it to you.”

            “Fine then give me a week. And when you're proven wrong, I hope you go along with my experiments without any hesitation.” He says as the phone clicks.

            “Alger, we must be wary,” Ilena says.

            “Yeah, the Prof might decide to abandon us or sacrifice us one day. And when that day comes I’ve gotta be ready to smack him around to tell him where he belongs.”

 

            “Those idiots!” A figure yells out in a dark room.

He rushes around the room in a rage moving towards a dry erase board as he writes on it in a rapid furry. “Those fools. Twenty-Five percent is the best way to allow for transformation and draw out both the users and the Phantoms powers.”

He thinks back to the words the Phantomizer spoke when Alger transformed. “But, if he designed them to…. No, there’s no way he’d do something so foolish. I’ll just prove to them I’m right and then we’ll move onto the next phase of my plans.”

He moves away from the board and pulls out four watches placing them in the table in front of him. He smiles and pulls out four coins placing each of them on each of the watches.

            “As my teacher always said, backups are essential.” He says with a large grin. “Now let’s begin the experiment.”

0