Chapter 1 – The new world
32 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I felt alone floating in what i felt was the void of my subconscious, with no knowledge of how much time passed or where i even was i simply floated, free unhindered and curled up into a sphere like shape.

"----"

A sound echoed across the space, my body moving on it's own to move into a relaxed laying position, i felt stinging across my soul-like body as i moved through the void tearing through what felt like many walls and barriers forcefully before i stopped, slowly from my heart i felt flesh start to grow, blood flowed through invisible veins as my new form regenerated the body to fit my soul.

"----pp"

My senses start to kick in, my body almost complete i can hear a voice calling towards me as i slowly orientate myself mentally.

"Wa--p alr-y"

I feel a sharp pain across my new face as it rouses me into consciousness and open my eyes slowly, getting use to the ambient light of the room, the feel of the cold table-like slab underneath me and the cold winds over my semi-naked body, my first real thought's were (at least they game me pants).

"Are you going to get up Traveler or am i going to have to move you for the next one myself?"

A very irritated voice sounds in my ears as i sit up and look around the room, it was a circular room with four huge columns between each cardinal direction, a massive drawing painted the floor and table and there was a stern looking man staring right at me.

"Where am i?"

I manage to muster under his annoyed gaze,

"We can answer your questions in the other room now get off the summoning altar!"

He practically shouted the sentence at me forcing me to stand up off the table, after i stand up the altar starts to glow again from a center point and very slowly starts to move it's way out across the painted surface.

"Tch, gonna take a few days to get another, C'mon newbie let's get you situated and learned properly"

I nod my head as it spins with questions, everything is moving to fast for me to comprehend what's going on, first the fact that i died, then the feeling of both your soul being ripped through space and literally having your body being regenerated and rebuilt inside-out.

"You seem rather calm for a newbie" he says as we walk through a corridor laden with pictures and pottery.

"I don't think I've had time to let reality sink in yet, still trying to get my bearings and sort myself out" i replied autonomously not even paying attention to anything around me and just following along.

We reached a room with a couple desks on the side with two younger people doing paper work not even looking up to see who entered, the man sit me on a chair opposite himself with the main larger desk between us, he opens a drawer and pulls out a small stack of papers and what looks like a kind of pen? with a steam-punk like design.

"So newbie, we gotta fill out a new traveler's form for you, so you get basic residency of the state, allowance to join any guild you wish and basic 'mutions license and training, i will give you twenty minutes to get yourself mentally situated then i will ask you to read through and fill out the form to whatever memories you have."

After he stops speaking he leaves the papers in front of me and the pen? on top, i simply look down and close my eyes as all i hear is the shuffling of papers all around me and my own heartbeat... Looking back through everything i find myself even more confused, i can understand their language and writing even though i have never been good with learning other languages let alone translating them, another thing is why do i know so much but also so little, it's like a culture i never experienced but i have lived it my entire life, i open my eyes and stare at my hands and fore-arms, a lean skeletal frame of almost no visible muscle but i could walk like i was a world champion athlete, my body a shade darker than before but still healthy, i look up to the man with clarity and confusion in my eyes, my thoughts now catching up to my predicament and what he has been talking about.

"I have so many questions that need answers, but this one i think is needed, who are you?" i asked in an almost husky dry voice as my hand came up and rubbed my throat.

"My name you will find out later, for now you can call me Merc" he replies as he sorts and shifts the papers in front of him to the side. "and from now on no more questions until you have filled out the form"

I flinch after hearing him say that and look towards the papers, picking up the top one and starting to read it,


                          New Traveler's form
Please recite the word "status" before filling out

Name:

Age:

Gender:

Class:

Background:

Titles:

Skills:

Unique abilities:


He blanked on what he read and re-read it from the start again, "status?" he mumbled after reading the line for the third time and a strange transparent green and yellow box appeared in his vision overlapping the paper.


             Status

Name: Fredric Harrowing

Age: 19 ( 38 )

Gender: Gender-less(male)

Class: Photographer / Traveler

Background: Photographer, Tourist

Titles: Master Photographer, Hiker, Dare-Devil, Traveler, Other-Worlder, Sharp-Shooter

Skills: Snap shot, Quick Aim, Focus Sight, Landscaper, Climbing, Pack rat, Walker, Hardened will

Unique abilities: Skill Growth Rate, Thousand yard stare, Conduit, Cliff walker


Reading though he realizes something and shove's his free hand down his pants rubbing the smooth area where his manhood is meant to be, forcing his face into a frown as the man in front of him raises an eyebrow watching the antic's of the strange new traveler.

"You got an itch?" Merc says just loud enough for fredric to hear,

"No it's nothing like that" Fred replies with a heavy sigh as he puts down the paper to the side to write on it, he picks up the pen and slowly fills out the form in the strange language, avoiding writing down anything that looks "special" or would give him to much attention.

Fred then looks at the next page and does the same throughout the entire form with the only one apparently using this blue screen in his vision, as he finishes the form and stacks the papers he hands them to the man to read over and lays back on the chair with his eye's close re-reading his "status" over again.

"I'm sure you are keeping your secret's but being gender-less is something even I'm afraid of, no wonder you look so depressed" the man states while flipping the pages checking for anything not signed through or missed.

"So am i allowed to ask questions or are you going to take me to another guy to get those answer's? Merc" Fred replies to in a semi-sarcastic tone, "because i have more questions then that question-are you are holding"

"Don't fret your little head about the questions and such, you will get your answers in due time, you also have not filled out the past-life history section, i know it is optional but is there any reason why?" Merc asked in an curious tone as he looked up from the papers to the almost skeleton sitting before him.

"Because my past life was my life, i have no reason to just give it away to some strangers i only just met, and do you have something to drink?" Fred rubs his neck again as his voice gets dry near the end while swallowing what little saliva he had in his mouth.

"Then that's fine we can get you a drink in a minute we have a no-liquids policy in this room or obvious reasons" merc says in a matter-of-fact tone and Fred just nods in response not wanting to exercise his throat further.

"Everything is in order, you can keep your secrets a secret, everyone has them except the stupid, gullible and honest and frankly i find those types irritating to deal with, now let's go get you your tag's and sign you up to one of the guilds in the building after we have some food, you need to get some meat on you."

I simply nod and stand up off my chair, taking a few steps i look at myself proper, i seem to be around 5'11 in height, almost thin enough to be in between a skeleton and anorexic, my skin a shade darker and healthier than my normal white skin i had before, and around my waist on me was a pair of swim-shorts, slack enough to not show anything but not tight enough to mach my form, looking up i see merc waiting for me and staring at my form and making mental notes, i walk forward and he opens the door leading me through corridor's towards out next destination.

1