[Vol.3] Chapter 8 – No effect
1k 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As he comes on the attack we try to keep a good distance from him and start with our long-distance attacks, he doesn't even deflect all our attacks and hit him, however, they do not affect.

 

Continuing his onslaught in our direction Rex uses the paralyzing breath on him, his speed starts to decrease until he stays put it won't last long for him to move again so we all try to attack him at close range.

 

Persimmon hitting him with his shield, Onegawara hitting him with everything he has, Domo using a continuous claw attack, Rex biting one of his legs with all his strength, Kato scratches him I try to wrap myself around his neck and hang him up Sukani is trying to help her use several attacks using the sword of the group of adventurers we run into.

 

We used all our strength in the attack, but we didn’t even scratch him, his skin is harder than iron, Sukani beats his sword so hard that it breaks it, Rex has a sore mouth that seems to have broken a tooth.

 

The demonic hippopotamus moves again but it is still slow. We decided to retreat and think about a different strategy, we went down the mountain a bit to keep a safe distance.

 

-Onegawara: What monster is that no attack works on him, I swear I used all my skills and nothing.

 

-Domo: Me too, he looks like an armored battle tank.

 

-Rino: I'm starting to understand why so many adventurers gave up on the mission, but I still haven't used all my tricks yet I think there must be a way to defeat him, let's rest for a while and let's try again.

 

After a few hours, we went back to the attack this time, I ask Rex to use the paralyzing breath once more, when the monster goes still again I will use a skill that I haven't used for a long time, I face it and use it

 

PETRIFY!

 

Over and over again, I am even without PM even so I just petrify part of his front legs and a little bit of his face and back, when I try to use the whip to break the petrified parts I see that he remains stiff even though his body parts have turned stones, the others try to help me in the attack again, Sukani now tries to use one of the shadows of the dark killer by sticking directly in his leather, but the result is the same we couldn’t get 1 HP even, we retreated again.

 

-Onegawara: There is no way to pass this guy's defense, it is impossible, I think we should give up.

 

-Domo: I agree we have tried everything we could and nothing.

 

-Rino: I know it seems better to just give up and leave, but let's think about other people now, the people in the city down there dying of thirst, if we just give up we will show that we don't care about anyone and we will give reasons to those guys who they said that our monster forms reflect our souls.

 

-Onegawara: Motivating speech, but we still haven't found any solution to end the demonic hippo.

 

-Rino: Let's fix it I still have other skills that can work on it.

14