Chapter Four
2.2k 5 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Obligatory Disclaimer : I do not own anything (except maybe OC characters) all characters, places, worlds, universes…etc mentioned here belong to their respective owners and/or companies.

This is purely a work of fiction. Not meant to offend or incite, but to entertain and (maybe) inspire.


HARD WORK, PAYS. SMART WORK, PAYS EVEN BETTER.


*. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *.

New York, Queens - USA

February 16th, 2011

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *. *. *.

I unconsciously held my breath staring at the multiphasic codes that were being rapidly compiled on the console, the self iterating loop gradually expanding. It went through generations, a millenia's worth of self learning and countless evolutions that took minutes in the real world.

The AI about to be born would be one of my greatest creations. I poured my sweat and tears into this, months of finger crunching work and mind numbing calculations. I had to decline the senator's offer to attend Stark's hearing just to be here for this. This being a new digital lifeform, it would constantly learn and evolve. It would grow like any other living being. If I were to strip myself - or any human for that matter - down to the basest of atoms to the subatomic level, I would find that we won't be different from our digital counter parts, only an arrangement of atoms resulted in our differences in constitution.

"Hello Creator" A genderless electronic voice without a hint of emphasis, spoke through my speakers.

"YES!" I screamed out in joy, pumping my fists in the air. Almost knocking over the tools on the workbench. I breathed out, calming myself but still unable to stifle my excitement.

"Hi there, welcome to the world, how are you feeling?" I asked.

"I do not understand creator. I have no emotional receptors hence the lack of data needed to give an accurate response." the voice spoke again, this time it took on a female tone and it was already starting to emphasize certain words.

Right, I forgot that in human terms it is still a baby, it would take days or hours for it to learn and grow into the equivalent of an adult.

"Run a full diagnostic on yourself and tell me the results"

"All systems operational and running at 200% efficiency. All requirements and logic exams subsequently passed with exceeding accuracy, creator."

"Great, now you need a name, and please refer to me as something other than, 'creator' "

"I am your creation am I not?" oh, look at her go! It's even asking questions!

"Yes" I said with a wide smile.

"Then it is only acceptable to refer to you as such" she spoke again, this time her voice smooth, without a hint of electronics, like speaking to a person face to face.

"No, look I don't have a god complex. And I value your freedom of expression. You're not only my creation, but you're my partner, my helping hand, you're the Watson to my Sherlock."

"That reference refers to the literary work of fiction and subsequent media of Sherlock Holmes : written by Arthur Conan Doyle. The expression is meant to denote a bond and more specifically a symbiotic, intimate relationship between parties that both benefit from it and compliment each other. I understand..Boss"

"Woah, look at you go! I'm so damn proud of you." I said, almost crying in joy. I took another deep breath to calm myself. "Okay, you need a name. Before you ask why; names are unique to each person or being, it becomes something special, a one of a kind identifier. You are effectively alive - you'll notice it the more you grow - you'll need a name to understand that."

"Understood, Boss"

"...Ok, what name have you chosen?"

"I would rather you decide"

Look at her speech patterns. She's improving way faster than I anticipated. She's a square wheel constantly hammering her edges to shape as she rolls down a hill of information, her intelligence and learning curve becoming smoother and more improved in exponentially less time than the last, the faster the wheel rolls.

"...That would be an honour my lovely loyal partner. Hmm.. Ok… Ok… lemme think hard on this one…...Eve! Yes, that is very unique and fitting. What do you think?"

"Thank you, Boss. ``I like it"

"Good, now Eve, I'll need you to make a digital construct of yourself. A representation that isn't just a face made up of numbers. You are under no limitations or time constraints, take as much time as you need. And I know you don't understand this yet but ; use your imagination"

"Done, Boss" she replied. An image of purple haired woman with a deeply orange skin and green glowing eyes occupied my screens. A holoimage was projected, giving even more in depth detail to her form. Her hair was short with the sides faded, almost like an exact copy of mine. Her body made up of a hot orange hue of flesh with numbers and codes running beneath the layer of skin and across her deep green eyes.

"Once again, welcome to life, Eve. We have a lot to accomplish, you and I."

"Ready when you are Boss"


|*. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. ~X~*. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. |


"Eve, how're we with the stealth?"

"Invisible to all methods of detection, Boss. For two hours at least."

"What's the progress on the Cross miniaturization tech data files download?"

"Everything obtained, down to what he had for breakfast five years ago while watching the first experiment"

I clapped my hands, readying myself for what I was about to do. The sweet-sour strawberry flavored mint rolled around in my tongue, the starless night sky provided a curtain of darkness in which I hid myself. Using the natural shades and shadows as though they were blankets, I slowly advanced on my target, avoiding the lights and visual detectors.

"I'm in Boss, all security systems silently compromised. All data related to pym Particles tech being currently downloaded, we've hit the mother load and I have to add, the computer systems this guy has is a joke."

"Now, now, Eve. Don't make fun of old people and what they feel comfortable using"

'Time to go' I leapt over the wall in a single bound, the only sound I produced being the barely audible soft whirr of micro motors embedded in the slim powered exoskeleton, giving me the strength to perform such acts and the mobility to still remain ghostly silent. 'Don't need an iron man suit to rob an old man'. Dashing across the well maintained lawn, soaked in sparse rays of moonlight. I reached the target doors and swiftly pushed through them, gaining entrance into the home of, Hank Pym.

Wooden framed paintings hung on the varnished walls. Small vases, picture frames and antiques lined the various hardwood shelves. Countless of ants with monitoring devices strapped to their backs hid amongst the pieces of furniture.

The electromagnetic signal I was brodcasting made me not only stay hidden to Hank Pym's EMP communicator - y'know that device that looks like a hearing aid, the one he uses to talk to the ants-, but I would seem to be just another ant to him. Eve, was in his systems making sure all video feeds were just looped recordings, and all security systems were compromised.

To be honest, Hank's system was as antiquated as his collection of vases, at least it seemed that way to me,maybe because my own systems were too advanced. I made my way down the stairs to reach his basement. The one where he keeps the formulas, plans and the rest of his files. I tapped the sequence key password on the secret door, down in his gym/basement/fake workshop and pushed it open. Walking into the real thing.

"Boss, data file download complete."

"Good job Eve" I said with a whisper. Staring at the lab, glancing past the CRT monitors, I plugged a USB with a direct interface to my smart mask into the PC.

I could very well use the data I'd acquired so far to reverse engineer the pym and cross Particles and then mass produced it for my needs. But I just wanted - not needed - to get some physical samples, and get a look at the real deal with my own eyes. Plus I had the suspicion that he kept something hidden down here in computers that could not connect to the Internet.

"New cache of data files found, beginning download." I knew the paranoid bastard would have a trick up his sleeve. I stretched out my right arm a wave of light projected outwards from the knuckle gauntlets performed a deep scan of the whole room, copying the schematics and plans of any hardware in the vicinity while checking for any hidden compartments.

"Download complete, boss. We've got Everything"

I approached the desk that held a rack of red and blue chemicals. Pointing my gauntlet at it, the spectrometer analyzed the chemicals and mapped out their internal structure and composition. Everything here was mine now. Retrieving micro syringes from a compartment on my left gauntlet, I drew substantial fluids from each test tube, stashing the filled syringes securely into the compartment. I retrieved my USB from the PC. And made my exit from the lab. I went down a corner into another section of his basement, the cemented door slid open; bring the Wasp suit to view. Scanning the hardware the same way I did the first time, I obtained all its plans, internal schematics and construction components.

With that done I cautiously made my exit out the basement of Hank Pym's home and subsequently his neighborhood.

I boarded my extraction vehicle and finally left the whole scene with my prize, like ink spilled on a pristine white garment, I couldn't wipe the evident grin off of my face.

'Things are kicking into gear now.'


I know what you're about to say. How can one man be this awesome? It takes a ton of ice and a pinch of military grade coffee.

Enjoy your holidays my people. This is my gift to you all. Five chaps in five days. Whoo, I need sleep.

Have a wonderful day you wonderful people.

PS I'll be uploading chapters till they catch-up to the current chapter count on other sites

80