Chapter 8 – Her Tears
125 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Withstanding the stun that came from the punch Aletha opened her eyes and pushed the ground with her hands to get up. But something slid into her flesh and she screamed in agony and fell flat on the ground. The man stabbed her back with his parablade again and she let out a shriek.

When he was sure that she was immobile he turned her body around and sat on her belly.

“Tell me one reason why I shouldn’t kill you now, you little bitch!”

The man placed his hand upon her neck. She could feel the man’s grip tightening and squishing the narrow pipeline which supplied air to her brain. Her vision blurred and inhalation seemed impossible. She grabbed hold of the man's sleeves but she lacked the strength to do anything. Tears were gushing out on their own and soon she started to fear that something might snap within her neck. 

“S-stop, I b-beg of-”

Those words left her mouth on their own. The man looked at her helpless pale face, teared up eyes. His eyes were full of malice and sadism. But soon the deadly glared softened and he sighed. He released his hand, got up and walked away. Aletha coughed loudly and gasped for air.  

When she finally got a grip of reality she struggled but managed to turn her head and looked at the man.  The man frowned and peered into her with his crimson eyes which struck fear in Aletha's heart.

The man walked towards her. She couldn't do anything but look. After arriving in front of her the man looked down at her, he gently pocked her cheek with the tip of his boot and seductively looked at her.

“You’re damn lucky you’re so cute. Otherwise I could have killed you there. But remember this, I’ll make sure to kill you if you attack me again, alright?”

Even if his voice didn’t sound very convincing he still gave eyes of bloodlust towards her. Regardless if the opponent could easily kill her she wasn't going to be submit. Within the imagines, in her head she could see his poor unconscious father lying on the bed with a pale face. Aletha herself had wrapped her arms around his father.

Even in this dreamscape world, even if it what she was seeing was like a dream she could feel the usual world’s Aletha’s throat tightening, he stomach knitting.  She could feel her sadness and sorrow. She could feel her father's pain too.  

“I won’t let you hurt him!”.

Flames burst out of her body again. This time, the flames were much smoother, they did not burn her body. Strength slowly started to reemerge within her. She weakly pushed the ground and got up, the man looked at this process with a condescending expression. Looking at him confidently she walked forward.

“You idiot, who cares if he is your father. I’ll kill you if you stand in my way!”

The man hopped forward and landed a punch on her chin. Her head was knocked to the side but she regained her balance and charged towards the man and wrapped her arms around his body. The man started slamming his elbow unto her back. It hurt, it was still painful but Aletha persisted.   

“You stupid idiot! I told you I’ll leave you and your stupid friend alone if you would just let me-”
   
“I don’t want to lose anyone important to me ever again. Even my stupid dad. I…I love him. Please don’t hurt him again…I-I beg of you”

Aletha was weeping and wheezing at the end of her statement. The burning rage that blinded her for a moment was long gone.  And with it the strength that possessed her also. All that she could do now was this.    

Aletha was expecting the man to hit her over and over again but something stopped him. Perhaps there was something within him that cared or was it merely a pity for hr.  Aletha's body was shaking but she did not let go of her grip. She closed her eyes and waited for the beating to continue at some point. But it did not. She could only feel a hand being placed upon her head.

She loosened her grip and looked up to face the man. But his eyes weren’t emitting crimson colors. Just two sad brown orbs looking at her melancholically. She quickly pulled herself away from him. Aletha frowned and cleaned the tears that formed in her eyes and spoke with a quavering voice:

“Y-you, you aren’t going to kill my dad? Or anyone else?”

“I can’t promise on the anyone else part. But man…you are one pathetic little girl”

“I’m eighteen, I’ll have you know” said Aletha while pulling her snot back into her nose.

“Tch, you’re still a little girl. Is crying and weeping all you’re good for?”

At that statement something lit up within her and quickly the flames burst around her body more vibrantly. The man quickly jumped back and immediately his eyes started emitting crimson ray.

4