Chapter 13- Unyielding desires
61 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

But before Aletha could answer, the worm cracked out of the ground in front of them with a thunderous sound and sprung towards them. The two girls screamed in unison when the worm gave out a deafening cry. But as if to lose all strength the worm fell to the ground to the side and ceased all movement.

The disc under them stopped moving, the girls still peered towards the dead corpse. Soon something started to hit the body of the worm from its inside. And at the next moment, a giant hole appeared in the worm’s body and Hikaru ascended out of it into the air. His golden wings glittered in the light. On his shoulder was Kailu.

Gracefully, he slowly descended to the grassy field like an angel that arrived from the heavens. He threw Kailu to the ground and created a golden chain in his hands. Quickly, he wrapped the chain around Kailu’s body.

“A-are you okay, Hikaru?” asked Jessica as she ran towards him along with Aletha.

“Hikaru is fine. Do not worry” said Hikaru.  

Aletha looked at the unconscious Kailu, frowned and asked:

“Do you think that chain will hold him?”

“It will hold anyone that has an ego” said Hikaru.

“Ego?” repeated Jessica.

“Anyone who has not known the whole will have an ego. So, do not worry” said Hikaru.

“What? You’re not making it very clear” said Aletha angrily.

“Haha. Even if I explain it to you, it is meaningless. It will simply become just another rubbish in your mind” said Hikaru with a smile.

Hikaru carried Kailu’s body on his shoulder and walked towards the hut. Aletha and Jessica followed him. Upon entering the round room, Hikaru threw Kailu on the bed and continued to make soup. Aletha suspectingly looked at Kailu to make sure he wasn’t faking his unconsciousness. His face was white and flushed out. But the more noteworthy thing was the disgusting stench of vomit and poop.   

Disgusted, Aletha walked back and sat on the matt next to Jessica. After a while the soup was ready. Drinking and eating the delicious soup surely made her feel more strength within herself. After finishing his food Hikaru went pass the two of them and headed out. The two of them got up and followed. Hikaru raised his two hands and did a little stretch while Aletha and Jessica watched him.

“Umm, mister Hikaru. Are you here all alone by yourself?” asked Aletha.

The man smiled and nodded.

“Isn’t it boring? Or kinda lonely?” asked Jessica.

“Every day is a new day if you learn how to look with a new eye. As for loneliness. I am contented with my aloneness” said the monk as he moved his legs up and down then bowed down to reach his toes with his fingers.

The artificial sky was now emitting an orange ray, bathing the field with the color of the sunset. After the two girls also did some stretching the three of them entered the hut.
        
“Ughh, oh lord. The bug moisture…yuck. Why does it smell so bad” grumbled Kailu lazily with closed eyes. Aletha frowned and walked up to him and kicked his face.

“Wake up, dipshit” she said.   

“Ouch, shit!”.

He half-opened his eyes and looked at Aletha in daze and puzzlement. But soon the memories of the past probably came back to him and he became furious.

“Ugh, you bitch!”

Kailu jumped up and sat on his butt. He gritted his teeth as he realized he was chained uptight.

“Take this off of me or I’ll, I’ll”

Aletha slammed his face with the sole of her boot he fell back and hit his head against the wall.

“That’s what you get for being a soul-sucking maniac!” hissed Aletha with anger.

“Y-you don’t know anything. The sweet feeling of your whole being filling up with life essence, the energy, the power… I NEEED IT”

Aletha stomped on his face again. Kailu raged and attempted to crawl towards her. But with a roundhouse kick on his chin Aletha managed to make him fall onto the bed with his side.

“Please stop” said Kailu.

“Only if you promise if you don’t do disgusting shit like that again” said Aletha.

“N-no”

Aletha raised her leg for a stomp kick that she aimed for it to cause a concussion. But someone placed their hand upon her shoulder. It was Hikaru.

“You mustn’t” he said with a soft voice.

“How will we make sure he doesn’t do crazy stuff like this again. A little punishment can go a long way” said Aletha with rage.

“That is simply too cruel of a thing to say. Can’t you see that he is suffering?” said Hikaru.     

Aletha looked at the groaning Kailu on the bed and sighed. She got off from the bed and sat next to Jessica on the matt placed on the floor. Hikaru grabbed hold of Kailu from both shoulders and gently raised him to his buttocks.

“What the f-frick do you want?” said Kailu with a spiteful tone.

His eyes were full of hatred. Yet within those dark orbs, one could see sorrow as well.   

“Son, do you feel fine?” asked Hikaru.

“Oh, sure sure. I do feel fine. After I got hammered on my chest and stomped on my HEAD”.

Kailu attempted a headbutt but Hikaru was fast enough to jump to the side. Kailu struggled to maintain balance and ultimately fell forward with his face on the ground.

“I-I am so god darn itchy. It’s hard to breathe. I-I need those goddamn blue orbs, you hear me?”

“Well, we have soup..if you’re hungry” said Jessica.

“No, you dimwit. I need to suckle on that soul energy. It feels so good…so so refreshing. I don’t need your garbage of a food. Nothing beats having soul energysaid Kailu with a dreadful tone and a maniacal grin.

“Well…we do have mountain dew” said Hikaru.

Kailu bit his lips and screamed:

“I DON’T NEED YOUR DEWS”

Hikaru shrugged his shoulders. Kailu slammed his head on the floor over and over and cried out loud:

“I want that SOUL JUICE. Let me go or I’ll…”

Kailu struggled to get himself out of the chains but to no avail. None of his soulnature abilities seem to be activating either.

“Damn it”

“Yeah, tuff luck. There is nothing you could do” said Aletha with a wide smile.

“Unleash me at once or I’ll…commit suicide by holding my breath” yelled Kailu.

He closed his mouth tight and looked meanly at the girls. Jessica and Aletha couldn’t do anything but grin back with satisfaction. Soon Kailu threw out all the air in his mouth and panted.

1