Red.
231 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For Judy, that day was one of the longest days she had been through, it seemed as if it was going to take forever for the time of her shift to come.

She left her house around half an hour earlier than usual, a part of the reason for that was that she promised Sam that she won't be late again and another part was because she wanted to meet Sam and spend some time with her and see if she liked the gift she gave her.

After suffering for a while the day before, she finally chose a keychain, it was a little chain which its end had a cute little glass puppy, till that moment she was still wondering if it was a good thing to give, she had always been bad with gifts and what they might symbolize, she didn't want to appear to close or too distant, in the time she was choosing the gift she even wondered if she was being way too self-conscious about it and she should just choose something she liked and be done with it.

Anyway, she finally chose that glass puppy keychain, while still being not too sure if Sam was going to like it or not.

And yesterday Sam ran before opening it, leaving her mind stuck on whether she liked it or not.

While her mind was still wandering through the clouds, the taxi finally stopped and she made it to the shop.

She, sam, and another two girls their age worked in a jewellery shop, they worked in pairs, the first shift was from 9 am to 3 pm, and the second from 3 pm to 9 pm, of course, there was also a manager there most of the time.

And as you would expect from a somehow known jewellery shop, all four of them were pretty.

unfortunately for Judy, she and Sam were on different shifts, they rarely worked together, only when one of the four had a part of her day busy, and she needs to delay or bring her shift forward, does they have a shift or two together.

Walking to the door of the shop, She took a deep breath before pushing the door open, hearing the familiar chime, she looked around the shop and soon found her target.

Unlike usual she saw that Sam seemed a little bit down and had an absent-minded expression on her face, she wanted to move towards her but another thing caught her attention then and she froze in her place.

For some reason, Sam was holding her keyring in her hand, and looking closely, Judy was able to see that the little glass puppy was nowhere to be seen, noticing that, she felt a sting in her heart and a bitter feeling all of a sudden.

"Oh, Judy you're here! You came early today." The first to notice her was the girl in the same shift as Sam, her name was Alex and she was a lively blondie who had a smile on her face most of the time.

Hearing her voice not just Judy, even Sam seemed as if she returned to her sense and she lifted her head, her eyes meeting Judy's instantly.

When their eyes met Judy's heart skipped a beat, even though she was a little bit down seeing that Sam didn't use her gift, the small girl's stare still affected her.

"Hey Judy, how are you?" Said Sam with a beautiful smile.

"Hello." Judy first greeted Alex before turning to Sam and saying with a smile:

"I'm great and you?"

Sam seemed as if she wanted to say something but then she looked at Alex:

"Hey Alex, can you please take my place for a bit? I have something to say to Judy."

"No problem." Alex was a happy go lucky girl, so she didn't mind at all.

Sam gestured for Judy to follow her to the staff room in the back and lead the way there.

After entering Sam closed the door before standing there with her head lowered.

Judy didn't have any idea why would Sam call her there alone, just as she was going to question her about what was happening she suddenly heard a faint sob.

"Sa- Sam, what's wrong, are you alright?" Judy was surprised and didn't know what to do.

Sam just stood there frozen for a few seconds before lifting her shaking right hand.

Judy's attention was caught by that and she noticed that her right hand was holding something tightly.

Moving her eyes from Sam's hand she saw that tears were threatening to fall from her eyes as she sobbed faintly.

She wanted to ask her what was going on again but then she saw Sam opening her clenched hand, revealing what was in it.

What caught Judy's attention first was the bright red, Sam's hand was bleeding, only after that did she notice that what Sam was holding was some glass shreds.

Looking closely she recognized some part of them.

It was the glass puppy she gave her, it had been broken.

12