My fault?
199 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The room was quiet and only the two of them were there, Sam's hand was held between Judy two hands, who was doing her best to calm her down.

The atmosphere and Judy's gentle voice made Sam's messed up emotion calm down and her breathing soon returned to normal.

After calming down, Sam felt like an idiot, she wanted to apologize to Judy but in the end, she ended up being comforted by her instead, she really was an idiot who could do nothing right.

She took her hand back and wiped her tears before looking at Judy who had a gentle, comforting smile and just nodded at her.

For the first time, she felt something weird when she looked at Judy's face and she hurriedly turned her face away while trying desperately to control her breathing which suddenly got fast.

Judy on her side didn't think much and just thought that Sam didn't want her to see her in that state, so she stood up from her kneeling position and comforted her with a joke:

"Don't worry, you're still as pretty as always, your eyes are a little bit puffy and red but nothing big."

Sam calmed herself again and took a few deep breaths and stood up.

"Thanks for your comforting, heh, I wanted to apologize yet it ended up like this." She knew that there was no need for her to mention the keychain anymore, Judy had already shown her stance in the matter, and she actually didn't know how to explain it at all, she didn't want people to know about her and Brittney's problems, and for some reason, just the thought of talking about Brittney with Judy made her feel uncomfortable...

"Come, fix yourself up and come out, Alex is all on herself," Judy said before turning around and leaving the room.

Sam stood there staring blankly for a few seconds before turning and getting her bag and fixing her face, while doing that she looked at her bandaged hand, stared at it for a while before covering her face with her palms.

"What's wrong with me..."

Soon after Sam returned, her shift along with Alex's ended.

Before leaving she came to Judy,

"Thanks for everything." After saying that with a smile she turned around and left without waiting for Judy to say anything.

For the rest of her shift, Judy felt like she was flying, she felt that she had gotten closer to Sam, and she could hardly stop smiling, it even made her workmate, Robin, question if anything good happened to her that day.

~~~~~~

Change of P.O.V: Sam:

Opening the door to my house I found that it was dark, there was no light at all, I found it weird because usually Brittney would have been there and she hated staying in darkness.

After taking a few steps inside the light was turned on and I saw Brittney standing there next to the light switch.

She was smiling beautifully while holding a red rose in her hand.

She moved towards me, which reminded me of what happened that morning, I tried to retreat with my body shaking and my breath choking in my throat, yet she was faster than me and reached me first.

She extended her arms and seeing that I froze and my eyes opened wide.

Yet she didn't do anything to me, she just held my hand with one of hers and put the rose she had on her with the other.

After that she leaned close to me and hugged me tightly, while I just stood there lifelessly like a statue, trying not to make any unnecessary movement.

"Love, I'm really sorry about this morning, you know how I am, I would never hurt you, but you made me do that, it was your fault, only if you weren't unfaithful, none of that would have happened." While still holding me tightly she started whispering in a gentle and lovely voice.

She then released me, held my face with both her hands while still close to me, and with her eyes looking straight at mine she kissed me and added:

"I forgive you for what you did, so I wish you forgive me too, after all, it's was you who wronged me first, what I did was just the consequences of what you, yourself did." After saying all of that while still looking me straight in the eyes she smiled and led me to the table in the living room.

On the table was a lit candle, and what seemed to be dinner, there was a romantic atmosphere. she had me set me on a chair before going and turning on the music.

Seeing how gentle and caring she was, I almost couldn't link her with the person from the morning, she seemed so different and loving, reminding me of how and why I fall for her in the first place.

As always I tried to find a reason why her behaviour changes so much from time to time, and that led me to remember what she had just said, that it was my fault, that if I wasn't unfaithful, none of that would have happened, I tried to deny that, I've always been a faithful person I would never cheat on her, but then Judy's face came to my mind, and I felt horrible and confused, especially when I remembered how I reacted when I looked at her that day...

"Was it really my fault..."

10