Phone Calls
66 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How are you feeling? How is everything on your side?" Judy's voice asked through the phone.

"You know... And you probably can hear it too, I'm quite nervous actually." I joked nervously.

The bus was almost at the station, and I was a bit surprised at how calm I was at that moment, I mean yes, I was nervous, but not to the extent that I thought I would be. I even could joke.

The main reason for why I was like that was probably because, as the bus got closer and closer home, I got a call from mom, who was excited and told me that everything was going to be okay when she felt that I was nervous.

Talking with her and dad was a great help in keeping me from panicking.

Judy also checked on me from time to time and made sure that I was well, which helped a lot too.

"It's alright, there's no problem with you being nervous, it understandable, hell, even I am nervous..." She laughed.

We talked a bit more before she finally hanged up, at that time the bus was already entering the station, and my eyes opened widely as I looked through the window, searching for those two familiar faces.

It didn't take long before I laid my eyes on them, both of them appeared so nervous while holding their hands looking at the bus entering the station.

Just by seeing them like that, tears started falling on their own and I saw that mom's state wasn't any better than mine once she noticed me too.

I don't remember how I left the bus, I just remember finding myself in the embrace of my mom and both of us crying our eyes out.

Once my mom finally released me, I felt another pair of arms bring me to a strong embrace.

After we calmed down and with us being between smiles and tears we finally left the station.

The drive home was full of laughter and smiles. We had been talking to each other on the phone for a while already so there was no sense of awkwardness.

The closer we got home the more familiar sights I saw. The streets I once walked through, the playgrounds I played in as a kid, the schools I studied in, and finally the house I grew up in.

It was quite weird seeing the house getting closer and closer, just a few weeks ago I thought that I would never return home. Actually of thought of that happening was so out of my mind that it was closer to a dream.

Yet, there I was, and there it was, the house I grew up in...

I got out of the car and entered the house slowly, and I just started around me blankly.

***

Judy's P.O.V:

Opening the door to my house I was suddenly struck by this feeling of emptiness, the house seemed so empty and quiet.

I put my things aside before going on with my daily routine, everything seemed so bland and gave an empty feeling, the kitchen, making dinner, eating dinner, setting on my own after I was done with all of that... It all gave that feeling of emptiness and that something was missing.

Sam's presence had, before I noticed, became a big part of my life, having her in my sight all the time, hearing her voice, feeling her presence, it was just for a short while, but I felt as if it had always been like that.

So when she went away, I found it a bit hard to accept and get used to, and even though I knew that it will be just for a few days, I was really sad, especially on the first day.

As I was still in that state, my phone suddenly rang, looking at the name on the screen I couldn't stop a smile from appearing on my face:

"Hi Sam, how are you?"

***

Sam's P.O.V:

Setting on the sofa at my parents' home, I felt so relaxed and content, my stay there went better than I ever expected and being next to mom and dad and at home was more than I ever could have wished for.

Yet at moments like those when I was alone, I would find my thoughts wandering on their own, and I find myself thinking about Judy. And I would find myself smiling or shaking my head.

I soon realized that I was missing her and that our phone calls weren't helping much in keeping those feeling under control,

Judy for me was... A special existence, she was a friend, a helper, even a guardian angel of sorts, and much more.

So even though I was happy I was home and I was over the top being with mom and dad, I was still, deep inside, looking forward to returning to Judy and spending time with her,

***

"Judy! Judy! Hey Judy!" I jumped as Alex's voice finally brought me back.

'Wh.. What?" I asked her, a bit panicked.

"Nothing I just saw you spacing out here and wanted to bring you back to earth, no need to thank me." She laughed mischievously.

"You..." I said while lifting my hand in mock anger.

She retreated a bit while laughing before saying:

"It's alright Judy, Sam will return soon, so just stop acting like an abandoned puppy."

Before I had the chance to say anything, the manager came and hit her to the back of her head as she said:

"Leave her alone and go get ready for your shift," She then turned to me before adding, "You can go now, it's alright."

I said goodbye to everyone before heading home.

I kind of hated to admit it, but Alex was correct, I was spacing out because of Sam, and I found that that was happening more and more often.

With a sigh, I lifted my phone and called Sam, something I did quite a lot those few days.

***

Sam's P.O.V:

"I'm hanging up then, the bus is entering the station, see ya in a bit," I said to Judy while looking out the window.

"Ok, see ya soon," Judy answered happily.

5