Chapter 2
847 6 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was said that around 75% of the world's population possessed super power that started to appear in people after the mid 19th century. The cause was said to be due to unlocking of more than 10% of our brain power leading to development of unique power. It revolutionized the world as well as destroyed it. As there were people who wanted to do good for the people, there were those that just wanted to cause violence. It resulted in one of the bloodiest battle in the history of the World. Before then, the world had 7 continents and after the battle, which was fought all over the world, reduced it to mere 4.

The Northern and Southern Continents of Amrica as well as the continent of Austiala were destroyed while Africana and Europa were half destroyed. Only Asiana, the largest continent and Antiraca, the ice wasteland had gone without destruction but countries and lives were lost. And this happened back in the start of the 20th century and now it was in the middle of 21st century. The world had changed much and populations recovered. Strict protocols for the super-powered individuals were established along with the union of Heroes known as the Hero Association.

Due to the loss of the continents and no one in world power it was upto the Hero Association to decide how they would separate the rule. They divided it into many countries that still had power up their arsenal and the land governed by Hero Association. Those countries that had power and economy, they left them as they were and provided resources in their times of need. While the majority of Southeast, East and Southwest Asiana were controlled by Hero Association. These places were divided into 72 Sector Cities and each sector city had 10-20 Residential Areas.

The destroyed continents were not fully destroyed but some lands were left which was declared to be "Void Zone" which meant that no one was permitted to enter it. Reasons were due to radiation and the likes which could harm people. Then again another pandemic happened all over the world. This was due to the emergence of new species of animals which were a lot stronger and smarter than your average animals were observed. A term was decided for them and they were dubbed as "Monster". These happened just 50 years later than the previous war which was named as "The Bloody War".

Another thing was people who would use their power for causing destruction in the world. These were known as villains. Now with monsters on the prowl and villains here and there, the Hero Association had established Hero Academy in each sector for the super-powered individual to bolster their rank. Now we have our protagonist who was looking here and there for anyone before stealthily running towards his er... her home. She reached it half an hour later. She closed her door and promptly sat on the hallway. Sure she had experience in these matters but it did not make her journey any less easy.

Her Hero Academy life constantly made her to hide when her side effects triggered. She had a very stressful life with few very close calls during those 3 year life and now when she had finally graduated it, she wanted to be a Hikikomori. The Hero were divided into 7 categories; S, A, B, C, D, E & F. The Association would give money in their bank account monthly depending on the rank of the Hero. Due to your records and works done in the Academy you were directly given the rank. The highest achievable rank from the Academy was B and she had a C as she was one of their hard working students. Oh how they would cry if her teacher would see how she had turned herself into a Hikikomori.

She thought for a while.

"Hm, I have been using a girl reference for a while now but I don't care. Let's game on and speed-run Residence Evil 3 Revamped that just came out last month!!"

She did not give a damn about her appearance now that she was home. Her side effect was truly a mystery but it definitely had a connection to the weird girl in her dreams. But she dreamt about her so often but she was getting nowhere to the truth because every time her dream was interrupted in the most important part. She could not control when her side effect activated but, luckily, she could however turn it off when 1 hour passed. She had experimented once by staying in this form for 3 days before transforming herself back to her original male form. It seems she could stay as a girl how much time as she wants.

She transformed herself back to a boy. Now that it was over he turned his free gacha spin and went on with his life by playing the game. Or that was supposed to happen then an email arrived on his phone. As he was busy playing games he could not hear it. After 1 minute it started blaring loudly like the sirens of Ambulance. He quickly removed his headset and grumbled before quickly looking for his phone. On the table was what could be described as a slab of greenish hue glass. It was 6.5 inches length and 3 inches width with o.4 cm height. He unlocked with his bio-metric finger scanner and searched for the mail app. He looked inside the email and found something really annoying.

[From: Hero Association #06

To: Gravity Vector

Assignment(Unskippable): It has come to our notice that you have not been performing Mission quite adequate to your rank so we of Hero Association #06 have found you an assignment. Here's the detail:

{Mission: To find the missing daughter of Mr. Higarashi Asaki.

Description: Mr. Higarashi's daughter has been missing since 16 hours 13 minut- 14 minutes ago since we have sent you this email. He is the father of our recently deceased Hero Oscillator. As we take matters concerning the family members of our Heroes quite seriously we have decided to send the only C-rank Hero (nearby the area of the kidnapped) to the location marked in your "Transformation Watch". Local police and heroes will be at your beck and call.

Takao mused.

"So she is the deceased "Rookie King's" sister? Hmmm."

Oscillator was the 1 in 100 year genius of the Academy School of Sector 01. He was the first one to ever get promoted to A-rank Hero. He had the rare power to manipulate time. He could fast forward himself or slow the others or any objects down. But from Takao's reliable source, he had found that Oscillator could stop time itself for few seconds. He was already fighting villains and monsters in his school days. There was a debut and the venue was fixed for him for joining the Hero Association. But right on his moment of debut all hell went loose as the stadium was attacked by several high ranking monsters on one side and villains on the other side. Oscillator had sacrificed himself in order to save countless life or so. This had happened 5 years ago. He looked to the phone again.

Here is the picture of the kidnapped daughter named: Miyu Asaki

Along with it is the testimony of the person who last saw her and security footage that was fortunate enough to capture the events. The local police were not able to track it and has requested a professional Hero AFTERWARDS!}

Best of Luck and May you succeed in you endeavor. ]

He clicked on the link of the kidnapped and a photo was shown. In there a photo of the face of the girl. She had pretty face with a mole on the underside of her right eye. She had straight black hair with blue eyes.

Name: Miyu Asaki

Age: 16

Education: Normal ( Igarashi High school Sec 06 RA 08) 2nd year High school student.

Height: 5 ft 5 inch   B: 85 W:65 H:83

Takao just flipped to another page.

Ability: Hyper regeneration (Self). She took the Normal course instead of Hero course.

 Last seen:

Miyu was cleaning the club room and she left approximately 6 PM yesterday according to the guards. Then she was kidnapped on her way back by a black van without any number-plate or id on it. The people on the scene described the van to be totally black and with electricity outage happened a little while earlier (suspected to be done by perpetrators) they could not really see. No threats for money have occurred so the reason for the kidnapping could be for following purposes:

  1. For revenge against Hero Oscillator
  2. For reasons unknown but focuses on the girl
  3. Possible for her power

Meet the local police force of Sector 08

He looked to the last file which contained a video.

Fortunately this security camera was a newly testing camera module which works on solar battery and was fortunate enough to record it.

He played the video.

[A girl, that was presumed to be Miyu, was walking while looking here and there, as if in she was looking out for someone or something. Suddenly, the lights on the street went out and the security camera turned on it's night vision second afterwards. No sounds were recorded it seems. The girl looked around in panic so did rest of the pedestrian. Suddenly Miyu looked at something before a van pulled right in front of her. The door opened and blurry people jumped out to grab her.]

Takao then looked through his yellow eye whose ability turned on while closing his red eye. The images became more clear and this was one of the basic ability of his yellow eye.

[ Now it was clear as there were 5 people. Miyu struggled as they carried her off like a sack of potato. The people around them seemed to have noticed the disturbance as they tried to call police or something. But then they looked at each other in confusion. Most likely the signals were jammed or something. As Miyu struggled for the last time she kicked the figure in front of her right in the face, causing his mask to be pulled off.]

Takao saw a scorpion like tattoo on his face and a gold watch on his hand.

"Oh! Scorpion gang eh?"

Some of the group of thugs that had some influence around the RA 08. They were ruffians from the lowest dregs of society, thought they looked cool when everyone had a same scorpion tattoo on their face with their fancy power which was not even worth F-rank on power scale. How they got such equipment or training was beyond him. That van they came from was a dis-continued series of van where only 150 of them were ever made. They were equipped for stealth that not even a scanner type hero could find them and had custom Dino black glass that can withstand a missile. Whoever was behind the kidnapping was someone with serious serious backing and the Scorpion gangs were just a tool. This was not just a simple case of kidnapping. If he had not used his eye power, he would be on a difficult position later on.

But now he was at a tight spot. He had not revealed his eye power to the Association and the Association takes that action quite badly when they do not know of it. After the fiasco with the villains they do not take any chances of getting in. He cannot simply saw it evolved after his rough training or something because eye power and gravity had no relation to each other whatsoever. So he decided he'd wing it and ask for Association's help when the time comes when the ones behind the kidnapping did decide to show up. He played the video.

[Then the man quickly put on his mask before slapping the girl once in the face. The girl stilled then, probably in shock or may have fainted. Then they took off along with the girl. After that the lights turned on and people looked at the lone bag on the ground where Miyu used to be. Some of them just kept their hand on their head and started to call for the police.]

The video ended there.

Then he closed his phone. So he was responsible for rescuing a kidnapped girl eh? Now that he has got information on where to start he went out from the game room and into the main bedroom. He opened up the closet and swiped away the clothes hanging there out of the way. He looked at his digital watch on his left hand before showing it's face to the back of the wardrobe. Suddenly a scanner scanned the watch before scanning his whole body. After doing that a monotone voice could be heard.

[ Password and Bio-metric fingerprint please.]

Takao just replied while putting his hand on the wall.

" I am the bone of my sword." 

[ Correct! Welcome Gravity Vector!]

Then a line formed vertically from the middle and it opened outside. Inside there were his own personal hideout made with the permission and courtesy of the Association. It was like a personal cabin or hangout or something. A big 15 ft Screen was there with glowing neon blue light keyboard with some other fancy gadgets he did not bother to listen about. This was a free privilege given to the Hero of Rank C and above. Here he could hear the AI grumbling about.

"Welcome back after.... what do you know? A new record! 20 freaking days!!"

Takao just sighed.

"Cut me the sass. I am on a mission now, AI."

He could hear the sarcastic voice from his AI.

"Oh really? I really pity the one who posted it!"

Takao just grabbed a pistol and some magazine just in case from the cupboard which held all kinds of firearms, which included everything from rocket launchers to Grenade launchers to AKM to ScarL and so on along with their ammo. The AI quipped once more.

"Why are you taking a toothpick to a gun fight?"

"Shut up you stupid AI!"

He sighed. After all he was the reason why such a monotone dumb AI became a sarcastic piece of shit. Unlike other Heroes who holed up in their hideout for days after it was made with an AI, Takao had decided it'd be worthwhile to play the newly released game "The Last of all of Us" instead and it was really worthwhile. After 10 days the AI had enough and downloaded all these sarcastic memes to pass the time by. The end result? Right in front of you.

" I don't understand your specific kind of stupid, but I do admire your commitment to it!"

" Fuck you!"

He showed the middle finger before deciding to lock the place once more.

Somewhere else

In a dark room, there were figures sitting on chair. The lights only shined from their back, hiding their face in the front in shadow. Altogether 10 figures sat atop the chair. Those figure flickered indicating that they were holograms, well except one. That one decided to speak up in an altered voice.

"What has the progress been?"

One of them spoke.

"We are recovering 'it'. Don't know whether it is still functional at all or not."

The real one nodded before proceeding to look at other.

"No"

"Hardly. Some remains of it."

"Well it is preserved in thick ice."

Just like that some of the figure went with a no while other said were not so positive. The real figure sighed.

"Get every last of it. We can give it a bit of a personal touch if we can as well. And while we are at it, please do tell No 10, about your recent endeavor."

The No. 10 just stayed quiet before speaking.

"If I am right in my hypothesis then what I am about to perform may be valuable for all of us."

The real one stayed quiet in his place and raised his hand to indicate to speak on. Then the shadowy figure of No 10 stood and used his phone send the information to others. The other looked at their phones.

"Last time I had a fight with a hero. He had what I wanted. So I used my power on him but it did not work quite well."

No 10 explained.

"The feedback I got was rather interesting which indicated that he had no power whatsoever."

The other looked intrigued.

 "But still he was able to use his 'fake' ability which was quite renounced and powerful. SO what was the source of his artificial power? I wanted to know, that was the reason for my recent activity."

The real one nodded.

"Well time is up, people. Be discreet and do not let the Hero Association know what we are up to. Hail, Chaos!"

"""" All Hail, Chaos!""""

Thanks for reading.

 

 

24