Chapter 3
1.1k 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now with that out of the way he got his favorite guns into his holster. Two Custom made Desert Eagle .50 AE gun nestled on his thigh with 10 magazines. You never know when they can be used after all. Then he went outside the room and locked it properly. He went downstairs to a secluded area before he activated his watch. This gadget was known as a "Transformer Unit" which housed a combat attire for the heroes. In the Academy you needed to design your own dress and the Academy would make it for you. This thing stored things and when you transform, not the gaudy ones like from Magical girl show, it swapped your clothes with combat clothes in nanoseconds. Each Hero had their own preferences, some used watch like him while some used a some old version of phone and the likes. It was not necessarily important but for the crowd to know you are the Hero, some things were arranged.

After finding a secluded region he transformed.

"The time has come, I am the ruler of my own Fate, Transform! Braver: Gravity Vector."

Along with the cringy one-liner. The watch glowed.

[Transformation: Vector Suit]

Then unlike the clothes which disappears in most of the anime or so, a multi-square platform with rainbow colored lines appeared beneath him and suddenly went up. As the line went up his clothes had already replaced by his work suit. His suit was all black. A stylish long black coat with black tight pant made of shock absorbent material with dark metallic grey shirt with unique design was set. Instead of a face Takao wore a black helmet of sort. The glass was shaped as a 'V' which covered from from his forehead to his chin, a little curved to accommodate the helmet. It was what the watch had transformed into. The helmet had numerous functions as well. It can act as a binocular, thermal scanner and it was controlled by another AI, Nick (his own creation), which fulfilled his every command as well. 

"Hey Nick, chart out the course between me and my destination."

[Very well, Sir. Plotting Map. Will you go by road or by shortcut routes or by 'sailing' through the house roof?]

Takao smirked, as he humped on the roof by making himself as light as a feather by the use of Zero gravity. Takao's power is his control over gravity. He can freely make something heavier or lighter by changing their gravity. He can change the direction of gravity as well Meaning he could free fall to whichever direction he wants. He can change the gravity of any non-living things near him but can change the gravity of living things after touching them for some seconds. However using gravity does have some effect on his target's body. But Takao's body is protected by it (in exchange for sapping his strength he can create a film to protect himself) so he doesn't have negative effect. After all, the pressure of suddenly changing direction or making their body heavier by increasing gravity power can do some negative damage to blood vessel or something like that.

"The second option please."

[ Calculating direction: Face 2 o' clock. It is 13 km there, sir. Police are already there and is expecting you with 4 other Heroes. 2 D-rank, 1 E-rank and 1 F-rank.]

"Who are the Heroes?"

[Retrieving Data from the Association Databank. It is D-rank Water Man, D-rank Flower Girl, E-rank and F-rank.] 

He nodded and changed the direction of his power towards his destination as he blitz over the houses. He knew he was risking being turned into a girl so he just made his weight to almost nil instead of other powerful moves. He had observed that the more powerful moves he used, the more faster his time to turn into a she, came.


Sector 08 RA 08

Asla Street

Takao arrived after 5 minutes and stood above a building looking at the scene below. There were 5-6 police car with 7-8 police on the scene along with other fancy wearing people who were heroes on the crime scene. The police were wearing their standard blue dress and a hat. He jumped down and landed on the road. The police looked at him and then on his blue phone and nodded. He went towards the Takao and greeted him.

"Good Morning, Gravity Vector. I am Inspector Hideki. The in-charge from the police division of this case here."

Takao nodded his head. He could see the whole gang, albeit some of them who remained at the scene, coming towards him.

"I am Gravity Vector. In charge from the Hero Association."

He indicated other Heroes to talk. A man wearing dark blue colored full body spandex with light blue markings and a mask started introducing himself.

"I am Water Man, performing my duty for Hero Association."

The a brown haired lady with floral designed clothes wearing a green masquerade floral patterned eye mask said.

"I am Flower Girl."

Then the E-rank and F-rank also introduced themselves. Takao nodded.

"With that out of the way. Give me an update on the case. What have you found?"

The police nodded and looked into his clipboard.

"Well, the bag was fallen and we have found that her mobile phone was inside as well. It seems our perpetrators were in a hurry and they did not know her mobile was inside. Lucky for them, otherwise we'd use that phone to track them."

Takao looked at him funny along with other heroes. The policeman looked at them confusingly.

"What?"

The Flower Girl replied.

"..... You do know that even thugs know to discard phone because it has inbuilt sim in it. They don't want to be traced so they usually throw it away?"

"Huh really?"

Takao asked, dreading for the answer.

"How long are you working as police?"

"We all, police, here are from the same batch and we had joined last week. In fact this is our first case!"

Takao mentally slapped his face in disbelief. The other Heroes seemed to be in disbelief.

"They sent us a team full of Rookies?"

Takao sighed. It was just the nature of things, he guessed. After all it was police forces that despised the Heroes for taking away their role of being people's protector. People always talk about Heroes and whatnot and how police were so incompetent. Police forces were not licensed to use their power in public unlike those registered as a Hero. They can only use it in extreme moments otherwise it'd be violation of rules imposed by the Hero Association. That was why without using flashy moves in public their popularity eventually decreased and were overtaken by Heroes. After all they did send in a group of fresh rookies instead of seasoned veterans for finding a family member of a Hero. Takao said.

"Now, now have you checked the list of calls on the phone?"

"Yes? I have it right here."

The police showed the clipboard. Takao nodded.

"Then list out those numbers which have been used to recently contact our victim 5 or more than 5 times for the last two days."

The police nodded looking at the clipboard and highlighting it. Takao looked on to the other heroes.

"Check for any evidence. Tire marks or anything."

The other heroes nodded and went to the scene to check out. Takao also looked around. He knew that it was the Scorpion gangs that kidnapped the girl but it was a third party that supplied some rare hardwares as well. Signal jammer were either too strong to just jam a small area or too weak and useless to jam signal on a small scale. This was probably a custom signal jammer with unique frequency and with databanks of Hero Association they can probably rout out the creator. As he was musing the police returned.

"I have listed out two contact number that has over 5 calls for the last two days."

"Excellent. We have seen the video that the victim was paranoid. She must have likely be getting some....unfriendly calls. Likely by the kidnappers, check your police database to whose the calls goes to."

"Yes sir. Sayaka! I need your expertise and check whose phone number is this!"

As the police nodded Takao could hear the Flower Girl contacting him.

"Receive call."

[Patching through.]

Then a call icon showed and he could hear Flower Girl speaking.

"Gravity Vector sir. I have found some remains of a destroyed device which seemed to be the source of Jammer in a trash can."

Takao quirked an eye at that.

"How?"

"I can create varieties of plants. One of them could find the remnant signal and I found it in a trash can that was about to be disposed off by a garbage truck."

"Good work. Tell everyone to meet up."

After a minute or two the rest of the Heroes joined the group just as the police boy, Hideki, came up in distress.

"Umm, Mr. Vector, I have found that one of them belonged to her best friend Mina and the other to the Scorpion gang."

Takao nodded an looked at Hideki who seemed to be fidgeting.

"What is the problem?"

"Umm, You see her best friend was also kidnapped two hours earlier. Other Police are investigating it as we speak."

Takao just sighed. Oh Great. Now he looked at the other Heroes, especially to Flower Girl who just nodded and gave him the wrecked device. He looked at it and it looks kind of resembled a lot with a tape recorder. His helmet scanned it.

[Sir it may take quite a while to reassemble the destroyed parts and compare it to other which may take almost 3 hours.]

"Why so late?"

[Because sir, the jammer was partially destroyed with some gaps missing. It takes time to match the correct part and fill in the missing parts. Then I have to cross check it with every module recorded in the database, which has 6,789 types of jammer matching the image as the jammer simulated by me.]

"Ok, hurry fast."

[I will, sir]

He looked to the others and said.

"Well we are looking through the database for the jammer and it seems our only lead is the Scorpion Gang. We  will go to the coordinates I have posted. Most likely assume we will be getting an armed welcome. The Police will be in the surrounding area to keep bystander people off while we interrogate. If we are lucky then we will find both the girls there, but I expect things are not simple."

The others nodded and he looked at Hideki.

"Hideki, you should go to this coordinate I have posted on the GPS of your car.  Keep the civilians away from this area. I guess I am the fastest so I will recon the area. After you all meet us, let's make a plan in case if we have to battle."

Hideki nodded and looked at his fellow officers who were listening. All of them nodded.

"Right, everyone we should go to the house directed in the map shared by Heroes here. Our job is the secure the area."

After hearing that Takao and the others left using there own way. Takao used his gravity to fly, Flower Girl used vines as a whip to swing while Water man just made a small body of water and ride on it like magic carpet. The other Heroes also had disappeared. As they were leaving Takao was sighing, his plans for a lazy lifestyle for the day was going out of the window.


Takao seemed to be the one who had arrived first in a place covered by little greenery. Just like he suspected, he looked at the area. It was supposed to be an abandoned factory but the amount of activity was astounding. It seems the leader of the group has his guard up. Takao surveyed the surrounding area. As it was near the dock area it's two side was surrounded by water with little walkways for the guards. The other things to be noticed was at every corner there was a watchtower and looking at the state of the watchtower, it was recently built. It seems that every guard had a rifle with the watchtower guards having sniper rifles. He had constructed a 3D image of the area along with position of the guards. He touched the side of his helmet and a small circular thing detached from it which fell on the ground. He looked here and there before throwing it into one of the windows which was open. Then he talked to his AI.

"Nick."

[Yes, sir?]

"Take control of the bot and look whats inside. If there are any more hostiles inside along with the hostage?"

[Certainly Sir.]

Then the circular flat disk sprouted some leg before the camera was online. It looked inside the factory there was a big hall filled with wooden crates along with a metal ladder which led to a small metal pathway and a office. Inside the place there were hostiles but with no sign of the hostage.

[Sir, I have detected and scanned around 15 hostiles who seem to carry firearms inside. I have yet to find their leader AKA Solovsky but I have found his right-hand man AKA Mikhail, inside the office. It seems the hostages are not here.]

Takao frowned.

"It seems they watch too many Ruscoian Movies."

[Of course sir. Their nicknames are rather dreadful.]

Takao nodded. As he was gathering data he frowned at the fact that altogether there were 40 armed men around and inside the compound. They have no way to be discrete on this one. Just when he was musing the other heroes arrived. The first one was Water Man, a minute later was Flower Girl. Then two minutes later the other Heroes had arrived. He looked to others before saying.

"This place is not the place we were kind of looking for. I have made a 3D module on it."

Then Takao took his phone and did a little flick forward. The blue 3D module expanded as other looked at it.

"This is the figure. It is a two storey factory building in the middle."

The building was highlighted.

"Outside we have four watch towers which was recently made it seems."

Four watch towers were highlighted. 

"Two side is the sea. The building has quite big windows as well. The problem is the amount of 'equipped' people in it."

The Flower Girl frowned.

"How many are there?"

Takao clapped and little triangular prism with a spherical head on top of it appeared on the 3D module with some pictures on it. Everyone one had some assault rifles and were wearing skii masks and jungle green military clothings.

"Altogether 40 people, armed with rifles as well as sniper rifles in the case of watch towers. We can take care of it but the question remains is that who was able to provide them these equipments when Hero Association had strictly banned it for normal people. Only military, police and peacekeeping forces like Heroes and Association's armies are able to acquire it. I believe, there is more to this kidnapping. After all the scorpion gangs were just a group of teenagers on drugs and other things. How did they go from careless punks to militants. Or it could be some other people in the guise of Scorpion gangs."

The other Heroes were murmuring. Just then a panting Hideki came to the meeting.

"*Huff* *Huff* Guys I have restricted the flow of people coming to this place so we should be ok if something happens."

Then he noticed others who were frowning.

"Ummm... what's going on?"

Takao filled in to the police.

"That's ..... bad. Even we police only ever get is a small handgun. Only special forces are able to get their hands on the weapons."

Takao then clapped to get the other's attention.

"Questions can be answered later but first we need to procure any information of the kidnapped girls from them. I had sent a small drone and I did not find the girls in there nor the gang's leader. We have his right-hand man named Mikhail in this building so we can get some information on what is going on here."

Other Heroes nodded.

"So how are we going to do it?"


I will be publishing it three times a week depending on my work. Time: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from now on.

24