PART 10 ( Chapter 3 )
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the signal that meant the beginning of the mission, everyone ran in different directions along with their teams.
There were trees, grass maybe bushes or even caves, who knows what this room has in store for us?
After all, we didn't know if it even had an end.
And even if we found a stone or two, we had to think hard about our choice.
Do we really want to leave it to luck? Should we let the roulette of fate spin, hoping the ball lands to our favor?
With those thoughts in mind, we kept moving forward, looking around for a spirit stone.

At first, we could not find anything.
It's an easter egg hunt alright, It would beat the purpose of searching if the eggs were in plain sight for everyone to observe.
That was what I had in mind, but after hours of searching without finding anything, I started to reconsider that thought.
"Damn this mission is hard. We spend so much time searching and we still haven't found anything"
I complained while sighing.
Never had I imagined that finding one stone would be such a difficult task.
We already had searched all the way till here and we still didn't know where the here exactly was located.
We had seen fields packed with flowers, lakes, and hills but no stones whatsoever.

And as we stopped for a moment to take a breath, I looked around me.
We had entered a deep forest that was covered by a thick mist.
"Great, that mist was just what we needed"
"We can't help it let's wait a bit for it to clear a little otherwise it will be even more difficult for us to find our objective"
Tada complained along with me and Soro like the upperclassman he was, thought through the situation calmly as he came up with this conclusion.
We agreed, however, I didn't quite like this situation we got ourselves into.
We were supposed to look around for spirit stones, not sitting in the middle of a forest not knowing where to go.
Looking around in frustration, my gaze fell on Tifa who was looking to her left.
She seemed very focused like she had found something and was trying to understand what it was.

And just like her, I looked as well.
I wanted to know what was that had her so focused, or else my curiosity wouldn't stop bugging me.
At first, I couldn't spot a thing. But after I tried harder, I finally spot it.
A faint gleam in the distance.
I figured it was probably way brighter up close since it was able to pierce through the thickness of the mist even a little.
That was it, we finally had a lead.
A clue as to where we should go.
"That's it!"
Standing up, I quickly ran towards it.
"Rant?"
"Hey wait for us"
The others followed me towards the glowing spot.
I didn't know as to what was it but whatever it is, It will definitely be more interesting than just sitting around.

Arriving at the spot where it was, we could see a lake that was leading to a big waterfall.
The glowing spot was now brighter and was giving off a light blue color.
However, it was inside the lake and we would have to swim our way there if we wanted to get it.
After all, we didn't know how deep the lake was, but tossing a stone was enough to figure it out.
But we didn't have a choice. If that was indeed a spirit stone, then it would be our only chance to find one.
And with that thought in mind, I jumped in the lake.
"Wait Ran!!"
Tifa shouted at me.
She probably was worried because we didn't really know what that glowing spot was.
If it turned out to be a wild beast it would probably be the end of us.
Her expression changed though when I suddenly got my arm above the water's surface holding a glowing stone.
Of course, this discovery made me pumped up.
"Finally!! We got one!!"
Jumping off the water I shouted loudly as if expecting fate to hear me.

And as if it did, the cloudy sky along with the mist suddenly cleared up.
Everyone was happy as they also jumped on the water to congratulate me.
Except for Soro who was just as happy on the shore.
That mood wasn't there for long however, as a creature twice the size of a dog emerged from inside the forest.
It looked like a monkey with brown fur, wearing an old jacket, with the hood hiding its face.
Although it's size was surprising.
It was twice the size of a regular monkey and it carried what looked like a large metal toothpick that was placed in a scabbard on it's back.
What was visible on its face though, was its bright red eyes and that scary shark-like mouth.
"The hell?"
"Hey stop!!"
With a quick jump it got on my shoulders which made me sunk, stole the stone, and jumping off, it landed on the shore once again.
Trying to get closer, it started doing monkey noises while slamming its enormous arms on the ground.

Suddenly I heard the ground shaking.
Just like an earthquake that was caused by the monkey's enormous fists.
Any more of the monkey's tantrum and it would surely split in two.
"This is bad... I hadn't realized that the ground we stand on was so thin, at this rate, If that monkey doesn't stop we'll all fall down the waterfall. Hehe... well played"
"Soro you bastard stop playing dead and do something!"
As if faced against a bear Soro was playing dead and abandoned us all.
His expression was one that said: "I'm sorry guys you're on your own".
That strategy didn't work though as the monkey quickly realized his act and by grabbing the edges of the wheelchair, it threw him towards us.
But that was the breaking point.
Soro being thrown into the water was enough for the ground beneath us to break, causing us all to fall down, into the abyss.

0