[Vol.1.GodsOfAnotherWorld]Ch.10.The Perfect Place
2.4k 5 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After destiny was decided, and in the face of any hypothetical danger that might be encountered, the army entered the forest adopting a formation of four columns with the wagons in the center.

With no definite path to follow, the pace must have been slow and complicated, however, while showing enormous determination and unparalleled discipline the army maintained the pace no matter how rugged the terrain. At the most difficult points, the infantrymen supported with brute force the advance of the wagons.

(It's fascinating...) –as he made his way through the forest, Raven silently observed a new discussion between Freya and Nike. As someone who had searched for a self-conscious A.I., he found it simply fascinating how these two characters he had created had not only come to life, but had developed a complex personality.

In their BIOs, Raven had never written anything like a brocon complex in Freya's case, or a strong idolatry in Nike's case.

Freya was haughty, selfish, arrogant and above all, possessive with respect to her supposed older brother. However, she is diligent, honest and intelligent enough to quickly understand Raven's complex instructions.

As for Nike, she is severe, somewhat stubborn and overprotective with Raven. However, she is noble and extremely obedient, and thanks to her great mental agility, she adapts easily to any situation.

"What's the matter, Nii-sama?"

Freya and Nike did not take long to notice Raven's gaze on them.

"I just thought you two are perfect" –Raven let his thoughts come out, his mind overflowed a mixture of pride and curiosity. For Raven, someone specializing in the development of artificial intelligences, it was like seeing a materialized dream.

As for Nike and Freya, they interpreted Raven's words in their own way. Freya quickly approached him to embrace him, to which Nike in response, somewhat flushed and embarrassed, she did the same. In this way, a new discussion between the two began. This time Raven was not the only one trapped between Freya and Nike, his huge black horse was seen in the middle of Freya's and Nike's horses.

"Somehow, it's an image that's beginning to become common..."

Sareek Ankar, about eighteen years old and one of the eight captains, exclaimed those words as he watched the scene in front of him.

"It's a battle that Raven-sama doesn't seem to know how to face, but I don't think he's the only one."

Vesta, who was sitting on one of the wagons, responded with those words to Sareek as she showed a mocking expression on his face.

"What do you mean, Vesta-nee?"

"Mmm... are all the men in our army so absent-minded? It seems that women will have many difficulties in this world" –Vesta let out a heavy sigh while Sareek simply showed an expression of total confusion.

"That fool..." –without Sareek noticing it, his back was observed by a beautiful young woman with reddish hair.

"I really don't understand. Is it worth bothering about something so silly?" –a girl sitting in the same wagon, a little bit older than Freya and curly brown hair, she exclaimed those words.

"Ah? How could that fool provoke my anger?" –the red-haired young woman raised her voice.

"*Sigh* That's why I prefer machines, if they fail you just repair them to work again".

"Your obsession with machines is... disturbing, Chris."

The girl about fifteen years old and slightly curly brown hair, was Chris Arcel, captain of the siege troops. A girl who enjoyed spending her time playing with the siege machines.

"I don't want to hear something like that from someone who's obsessed with a fool like Sareek, Ilise."

"That's not it!" –the red-haired young woman raised her voice even higher.

Ilise Londinium, about seventeen years old, captain of the magic troops. A calm and kind young woman who strangely loses her composure in dealing with Sareek Ankar.

"Ilise, moderate your voice, we are moving through unknown territory and your screams break the concentration of the external columns" –after rushing to the cart on which Ilise and Chris were travelling, a young man with a martial gaze and reddish hair exclaimed those words reproachfully.

"I-I'm sorry, Nii-san..." –somewhat embarrassed, Ilise lowered her gaze.

"As long as you have understood" –without waiting for an answer, the young redhead of about nineteen returned to one of the external columns of the formation.

"Royner, as rigid and disciplined as ever" –Chris made a little mockery.

Royner Londinium, Ilise's older brother and captain of the infantry troops. A rigid and martial man who imposed discipline only with his gaze.

Anyone who saw this pair of contrasting brothers would notice the similarity between the color of their hair and eyes. Ilise is the adoration of men and women thanks to her kind personality and sweet smile. On the other hand, Royner is the terror of a great majority due to his martial personality and his little tolerance to indiscipline.

However, no one could deny that these siblings were quite capable as captains. Considering that on the clothes of both were embroidered a majestic Lion, this was expected of them.

A beautiful red Lion, a symbol that exposed them as members of a prominent family of warriors who had been rewarded in the past with a heraldic blazon by some God.

"That adorable " –observing Ilise's behavior, Vesta was unable to avoid laughing.

"That silly, she is not able to perceive our circumstances? "

"Eh, the fool who cannot pick up hints gives himself the luxury of reprimand to others?" –a mocking smile hung from Vesta's lips.

"I-I'll go check the front" –seeing the expression of Vesta, Sareek felt a shiver to walk around his back. Fearful of the reason behind that expression, he pulled the reins of his horse and rode to the front in a hurry.

"Brave Cavalry Captain we have here" –as he watched Sareek's back away, Vesta exclaimed that mocking comment.

The night before, just as a group of soldiers began to sing 'The singing of the children of Alexander', not a few were the ones who started dancing around the great bonfires.

Observing such a situation, Vesta suggested that, as captains, it was their duty to show their soldiers how to relax properly at the right times.

"It's a total waste of time" –that was the response of the cold Cavalry Captain Morgana Karl.

"Something like that will encourage indiscipline" – Royner Londinium also refused to participate.

"I will Have to build a machine for..." – Chris Arcel did not refuse, but her choice of dance partner was very questionable...

Teress Ambroce, Captain of the Body of Archers did not even have time to give an answer, she was quickly surrounded by female soldiers eager to dance with her.

Silva Ordel, Captain of the Auxiliary Troops, he was not even present...

"Is This really necessary?" –Sareek did not refuse, but was reluctant, after all, his was the sword and nothing else.

"It is! Now, with the useless Silva absent and with Royner refusing to participate, there is only one man here who can dance with Ilise "

Hearing that, Ilise's face reddened and her gaze moved from place to place with her hands showed unusual discomfort.

"Eh... Me?" –it took Sareek a couple of seconds to understand Vesta's words. His Gaze fell upon Ilise and after observing her strange behavior and her reddened face, he thought; (Is This cold?)

"We Don't have all night Sareek"

"Wait Vesta-nee, I don't think that's a good idea."

"What's your pretext?"

"Pre-pretext?" –feeling Vesta's sharp gaze, Sareek felt a chill shake his back. "N-it's no pretext, I'd better take Ilise to her store."

Hearing that, Ilise reddened more so she was forced to bend her face. She simply had no idea how to respond.

"You..." –Vesta did not fit in her surprise. "Hold on... No, no, no. There's no way you could have noticed. "

"What image do you have of me, Vesta-nee?"

"A fool who has a sword inside his brain."

"Ah! Anyone would notice, just look at her, her face is red and shaking like a silly, obviously she has a cold but the very silly has not noticed!" –the fact that his intelligence was questioned seriously disturbed Sareek.

Vesta's gaze became cold and the Ilise's body began to tremble.

"You... you are really incredible, I thought I was able to determine your level, but I see I was wrong..." –Vesta's eyes showed an empty hopelessness.

After that, an endless discussion between Sareek and Ilise began.

Simply remembering that, Vesta was unable to decide whether to laugh at Sareek's idiocy, or cry with grief for Ilise.

"There's nothing to worry about Ilise, this big sister will personally take care of tormenting... *Cough* that this fool realizes his idiocy" – with a sinister smile on her lips, Vesta murmured those words to herself.

Not far in the front of the columns, a rider felt an inexplicable chill that shook his body completely.

While the two inner columns of the formation could afford to relax slightly, the outer columns remained alert to any danger that might arise. However, as Raven had concluded, not a single one of the supposedly fearsome creatures that inhabited the forest showed up.

In the elder´s words, crossing the forest to the north coast should take an uncertain amount of time. Factors such as the weather and the dangers of the forest could increase travel time by up to five days. Because of this, Raven had devised a series of measures before the very likely need to camp inside the forest. Surprisingly, around noon, after not even stopping to eat, the Army finally emerged from the forest.

The seemingly quick arrival at their destination was probably due to two main factors; the lack of caution that would have made any other traveler cover the journey in a constant state of alert, something that the army had simply discarded. In addition, there was the enormous determination of the soldiers which did not allow to slow down at any time no matter how rugged the terrain.

"This place..."

Raven was impressed by the landscape he found outside the forest. An extensive beach with a calm swell and a warm breeze.

"Raven-sama, what should we do now?"

"You take care that the rest of the army emerges without a problem of the forest, Freya and I will go and have a look at that place."

Raven's gaze was fixed on a singular point to the east of his position. A gigantic rock on the beach that entered the sea.

Leaving Nike in charge of the army which had not yet fully emerged from within the forest, Raven, accompanied by Freya and several riders, headed for that point which had attracted his attention.

As Raven and his escorts approached the huge rock on the beach, an unmistakable sound provoked a slight smile on Raven. The constant and unmistakable sound of the running of the waters of a river.

"Nii-sama, this is..." -Freya was speechless face at the scenario they had found.

The enormous rock, about twenty-six feet high and about three hundred and twenty feet long, was not alone. At a distance of about one thousand two hundred feet in front of the first rock was another huge rock of similar dimensions. In addition, the mighty river crossed in the middle of the two rocks and then flowed into the sea. Both rocks entered the sea, giving the image of a fortified cape.

In Freya's eyes that scenario was almost magical.

(It's Perfect) –Raven showed a malicious smile of satisfaction. In his mind that scenario had a different meaning to that of Freya.

A forest in which few would dare to enter, a plentiful river of freshwater and a sea probably full of food. As if that were not enough, a site that Raven could only describe in one way; a natural fortress.

If he made use of such a setting, Raven would not build a simple castle, but an almost impregnable fortress.

34